It Didn't Take Too Long For This To Go Up...

This is a discussion on It Didn't Take Too Long For This To Go Up... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; President Obama’s Official Anti-Gun Policies...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Didn't Take Too Long For This To Go Up...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

JD
    Administrator
    That's nothing new, it's been on his website since before he even won the election.

Is anyone surprised that it's still there? I'm not.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cy-merged.html

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    That's nothing new, it's been on his website since before he even won the election.

Is anyone surprised that it's still there? I'm not.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cy-merged.html
    Yeah, maybe so but now it is posted at: Urban Policy

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Yeah, maybe so but now it is posted at: Urban Policy
    Right. But again, is anyone surprised? I don't think anyone will be scratching their head wondering "Where did this come from?"

Same load of bull, different URL.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Right. But again, is anyone surprised? I don't think anyone will be scratching their head wondering "Where did this come from?"

Same load of bull, different URL.
    Roger that.

This sucks... no wonder the classified ads are sold as quick as they are posted...

"Make it a crime to transfer ownership of a firearm from one citizen to another as a gift, inheritance, or private sale"
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    This sucks... no wonder the classified ads are sold as quick as they are posted...

"Make it a crime to transfer ownership of a firearm from one citizen to another as a gift, inheritance, or private sale"
    I do see some hope in that ominous cloud though. It does not say we can no longer transfer, but I am guessing that all transfers must be through an FFL holder.

VIP Member
    To all those here who have said they won't renew the AWB......I guess you still won't believe it until they come knocking on your door to take them..........

This from: Urban Policy

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
    ...elections have consequences......even for those who didn't vote for him..........
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I do see some hope in that ominous cloud though. It does not say we can no longer transfer, but I am guessing that all transfers must be through an FFL holder.
    aka.... "Paper Trail"....
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I don't think anybody said that AWB would not be first on the dinner plate...but the devil will be in the details on what said bill will look like. I suspect that the AWB will have very little effect...and I even suspect that gun groups will reluctantly agree. Sure will spin up the "wil not infringe group" though. Politics...how the world turns...oh, and money.

Rick

When they say make the AWB "permanent," does that actually really mean it can NEVER be undone? I did a quick Google, but I'm feeling lazy.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    When they say make the AWB "permanent," does that actually really mean it can NEVER be undone? I did a quick Google, but I'm feeling lazy.
    No, it could be undone. It would take passing another law repealing it. Better to nip it in the butt before it comes into law rather than trying to change it after.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    No, it could be undone. It would take passing another law repealing it. Better to nip it in the butt before it comes into law rather than trying to change it after.
    No I agree with you on that, just checking to see though. It's going to be so hard to fight this one though. But try I shall
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Let's be viligent, but not paranoid. His anti-gun stances (at least some of them) were from way back when, they keep harping on that from his days in the Illinois Senate. These posted, close the Gun Show Loop, doesn't that mean, make background checks for them also? Just asking.

AWB - Who cares, I don't need an Assault Weapon, I read what constituted an AW and it didn't fall into what I needed or would require that I found, so what.

The other portions are minor, be viligent, but not paranoid. That's all I'm saying.

Just my view.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

If that all the "gun show loop hole," is make background checks a law there too, hey, no problem there.

As far as the AWB goes, you may not want or need one of these weapons, but the problem is it is one step towards trampelling on the Constitution which he swore to uphold Plus there are many things that will be added to that bill, such as restrictive magazines and such.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links