Here we go - more 2A mayhem - in HI

This is a discussion on Here we go - more 2A mayhem - in HI within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can you believe this!! It ain't just CA! Hawaii Attack On Our Right To Keep And Bear Arms! A coalition of law enforcement groups with ...

Thread: Here we go - more 2A mayhem - in HI

Assistant Administrator

Can you believe this!! It ain't just CA!

Hawaii Attack On Our Right To Keep And Bear Arms!

A coalition of law enforcement groups with the aid of Attorney General Mark Bennett, have proposed a ban on the sale and possession of .50 BMG rifles and ammunition.
    If passed, http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...ls/sb2579_.htm - SB 2579, will immediately ban the sale and possession of all currently owned .50 caliber BMG rifles and ammunition and will require gun owners to turn their firearms into local law enforcement, remove it from the State or have it destroyed.

Read More: http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegisla...d.aspx?ID=1880
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    and will require gun owners to turn their firearms into local law enforcement, remove it from the State or have it destroyed.
    Oh, that should go over like a lead balloon! I spent X thousand dollars on this weapon and I REALLY want to give it to the police to be destroyed!!

(Hmmmm, Wonder if any one from HI would like me to keep their .50 for them?)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Wonder if any one from HI would like me to keep their .50 for them?
    I'd be willing too Rick - to ''put myself'' out and offer safe custody LOL!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm also willing to store those unlucky .50s!

Gun owners only have to look in the mirror for someone to blame for these proposals. Their laziness has allowed these treasonous pacifists to get into office. We make up a minimum 1/3 the population in the US and only around 1/3 of registered voters actually get out and vote. They have to stop voting strickly party line without doing research on the candidate. In the shooting clubs I belong to, we've got idiots who have voted for Charles Shumer and Hillary Clinton because their union (UAW) told them to vote for them and are now being told to support Eliot Spitzer for New York Governor. These are the same idiots who for the last couple of monthly meetings wail about all the antigun bills that Sheldon Silver and the liberal democratic controlled Assembly have approved. They voted to put these traitors in office. If every single gun owner went to the polls and voted for the candidate who best represents what we believe in, the political landscape in this country would be very different then the direction we are heading.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    kelsey, COMPLETELY AGREE with your above post. I see it all the time down here also. How many hunters,collectors,shooters of any kind,do not belong to the NRA or some other pro gun/shooting orginization simply because they don't agree with one part of their policy. Those people are content to sit back and let the rest of us fight their fight. I would be interested in knowing how many people in this Forum don't bother to join ANY pro gun/shooting orginization. Sadly,probably,more than we would think. To those people I would say,SHAME ON YOU !! --------

While we cannot afford to belong to every group, we are members of the NRA, SCOPE (Shooters Commitee on Political Education) and The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association. We give regular donations and email or call our representitives. If all gun owners would join at least 1 organization and even if you could not afford to donate, just being informed and making at a least regular phone calls to your representatives, it would have the effect of a crushing tidal wave with a minimum 80 million gun owners. There is too much thumb sucking and whining by gun owners instead of action. All organizations and gun owners need to stand together. Their ultimate goal is the same. The antigun lobbies have figured this out and basicly speak and work as one. (i.e. United Nations) The gun rights people need to wake up and get with the game. United we will prevail, divided we will be disarmed and controlled.

Sponsored Links