Whats 1st on Obama's list? - Page 3

Whats 1st on Obama's list?

This is a discussion on Whats 1st on Obama's list? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't think much is going to happen regarding firearms. At the same time complacency, not paranoia is our enemy. Just imagine if every firearm ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats 1st on Obama's list?

I don't think much is going to happen regarding firearms.

At the same time complacency, not paranoia is our enemy. Just imagine if every firearm owner introduced just one neighbor or family member to guns! Take someone to the range. If you have a friend or family member that you would be willing to drop a few hundred dollars on with a gift, consider purchasing an inexpensive shotgun or revolver for them.

Educate them on how "assault weapons" are defined and show them that the differences between them and hunting rifles are purely cosmetic. Compare the ballistics (the watermelon test is my favorite) of the rounds commonly used in so-called "assault weapons" to commonly used hunting rounds such as the .308 and 30-06.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Here come da' judge

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    For now, he will address 2A issues via the judges he appoints.
    You've struck the nail squarely on the head...this is what we the people need to keep an eye on and be prepared to call/write/visit our representatives to voice opposition before and during the approvals process.

Joey D.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    At the same time complacency, not paranoia is our enemy. Just imagine if every firearm owner introduced just one neighbor or family member to guns!
    Exactly. We elected a man who, IMO, has the most dirty history of any Pres. that I know of, and no one seemed to mind. He said things during his campaign only to appease us, (2A supporters, and mostly conservatives), and has already begun to show that he really has no allegiance to us after all. He told a staffer, who had denied him entry to see his spokesman because she wasn't paying attention to who the visitor was, something like, "I'm the President; I can do anything I want". Obviously, this was meant jokingly, but still... in financial discussions with and about Republican members of Congress yesterday, "Obama replied in a friendly but firm way that an election had been held in November, "and I won. I will trump you on that", according to several people who had been briefed by participants who took notes".<--from Newsmax

When referring to Obama, I think most of us are referring to his administration, and the political majority in Congress. The Speaker, the Senate Majority Leader, and the President, (along with millions of his followers), are unbashedly anti-most of what we on this forum stand for. I see no reason to "give the benefit of the doubt"; it is naive to think that there is any doubt. We need to stand with our pro-Constitutional legislators, Dem and Rep, and not let our guard down. As said before, there are surely anti-gun steps being taken behind closed doors as we speak.

Sorry about the rant, but just thinking of where we might be in a year or two makes me ill. ...makes me think of the post a while back from the Australian who was REQUIRED to keep his handgun unloaded, in a locked container, and his was in his basement, if I recall. That type of regulation is just un-American, period.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
    You've struck the nail squarely on the head...this is what we the people need to keep an eye on and be prepared to call/write/visit our representatives to voice opposition before and during the approvals process.

Joey D.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston
    True, but from my understanding, the two judges set to retire are already "liberal" anyway, and so it might not make a huge difference. Plus, after Heller, the SCOTUS might be more apprehensive about taking on new 2A cases.

SCOTUS probably won't reverse itself this quickly, but bear in mind that they left vague what "reasonable restrictions" are.

I think we need to drop the rhetoric that the Second Amendment has anything to do with hunting. It has to do with the overthrow of a tyrannical government. Trying to protect hunting will get us nothing but piece by piece limitations on any firearm not commonly used for hunting (and by the time they are done with that, those won't even be safe).

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post

i think we need to drop the rhetoric that the second amendment has anything to do with hunting. It has to do with the overthrow of a tyrannical government. Trying to protect hunting will get us nothing but piece by piece limitations on any firearm not commonly used for hunting (and by the time they are done with that, those won't even be safe).

Ryan

+1,000,000

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    True, but from my understanding, the two judges set to retire are already "liberal" anyway, and so it might not make a huge difference. Plus, after Heller, the SCOTUS might be more apprehensive about taking on new 2A cases.
    True...but lots of federal judgeships and attorney appointments.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by thinktwice View Post
    When Pres. Obama gets around to our second amendment
    When? Did you miss Eric Holder?

Hope & Change, Change & Hope Chope choke chump

Stock tip invest in KY.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

How about this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I read that he could force the ammo company's to engrave matching serial numbers on the casings and on the bullets per box, and when you buy ammo that serial number will be registered to who ever buys it.
    I think that we should all tie strings to our bullets....color coded, so that we can just reel the lead back in....what? Not practical? Duh-uh....morons in charge......everyone better vote right the next time, okay!?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Whats 1st on Obama's list?
    You really want to know? New up-to-date computers and network for the White House. I read that on Yahoo two days ago! Yep, that's his first concern to deal with. Hope you're not disappointed.

Are they still using Windows 95 and AOL or something?

VIP Member
    Actually Ram Rod, that's his second concern, his first concern is how he can continue to use his blackberry! Oh, the inconvenience of not being able to e-mail and text message. Poor baby!

IF & WHEN he gets around to it and that's a probably not, suspect it will be something on 'assualt' weapons, the gunshow loop hole &/or closer accounting of gun sales-manufacturing-import and registration.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    If I had my way a new stimulus plan, so I can get another gun.
    Since last year I got ALL of my taxes back in the stimulus (I am young, poor and have a wife who is a student ) I could do my part to stimulate the economy by making a certain purchase. . .

Though the legislature is from his same party, and though the leadership of that party is anti-gun, there are several (a considerable minority)who are pro-gun.

Latest example:

The Associated Press: Pro-gun US Senate pick makes some NY pols unhappy
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links