2A and Obama:my thoughts

This is a discussion on 2A and Obama:my thoughts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by fatcat What people seem to ignore is that most of the laws on the books have been put there in the last ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2A and Obama:my thoughts

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    What people seem to ignore is that most of the laws on the books have been put there in the last 28 years. Of those 28 years only 8 were under a Democratic president.

Since 1980, only 8 years, that's right only 8 years have been presided over by a big bad gun stealing Democrat. And yet here we are.

I'm glad Obama is in office, because IMO he is the best thing to happen to the 2a in a long time. Why? Because now people are paying attention. Like never before people are paying attention to our 2a rights and that is good.

Where were all the Republican stumpers when those 22 years of Republicans were in office writing anti-gun bills? Since 1980 the GOP is winning the game 22-8. That my friends is a BLOW OUT in any sport. So don't blame the Democrats alone for where we are. Doing so is pure ignorance.

Where were all the pro gun folks when Reagan was in office signing more anti-gun legislation than any president in the previous 30 years combined?

People can cry and scream all they want that the Democrats are going to take their guns, but people need to wake up and smell what they are shoveling. You have to fear that EVERY politician has the potential to do it. If McCain had won the Republican voters would have fallen asleep at the wheel and old J-Mac was NOT gun friendly at all. In 2001 the NRA called him the most dangerous man in American when it came to the 2a. Yet people are all scared because Obama won.

The paranoid double standard is why we are where we are in terms of gun ownership in America. I don't blame the Democratic voters, I blame the Republican voters who voted for their man, and then fell asleep at the wheel and scrutinized NOTHING that they did while in office.

We need to be vigilant no matter WHO is in office. And the fact that now people are is great.

Thank You! This is one of the best posts I have read in a long time.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    1) Bush had absolutely nothing to do with firearms confiscations during Katrina. If he did, please show me SPECIFIC directives proving this.
    EDR,

It was featured all over the news in video, audio, and print worldwide that Bush had talked Blanco into requesting National Guard support so that _and_ that it was he that signed an order to send troops to the ground following Blanco's subsequent official request for Federal govt. and military aid per her declaration that LA was in a State of Emergency...

President Bush defends his response to Hurricane Katrina

by Bruce Alpert, The Times-Picayune
    Monday January 12, 2009, 9:31 AM

WASHINGTON - President Bush today strongly defended his administration's response to Hurricane Katrina.

"Don't tell me the federal response was slow when there was 30,000 people pulled off roofs right after the storm passed," Bush said at what was likely his final news conference as president. "You know, I remember going to see those helicopter drivers, Coast Guard divers, to thank them for their courageous efforts to rescue people off roofs -- 30,000 people were pulled off roofs right after the storm moved through. That's a pretty quick response."...

Source - President Bush defends his response to Hurricane Katrina - Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
    Bush boosts Katrina rescue force

An extra 17,000 troops are being sent into the area of the southern US devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

President George W Bush said he had ordered in 7,000 front-line troops, and the Pentagon later announced it was deploying 10,000 National Guardsmen.

In a TV address, Mr Bush said he would not rest until he was satisfied with efforts to bring relief and order...

Source - BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Bush boosts Katrina rescue force
    Relief workers confront 'urban warfare'
    Violence disrupts evacuation, rescue efforts in New Orleans

Thursday, September 1, 2005; Posted: 11:36 p.m. EDT (03:36 GMT)

...Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday that 4,200 National Guard troops trained as military police will be deployed in New Orleans over the next three days, which he said would quadruple the law enforcement presence in the city.

Pentagon officials said the first contingent of 100 military police officers would arrive at Louis Armstrong International Airport at 10 p.m. (11 p.m. ET) -- combat-ready for immediate deployment in New Orleans...

Source- CNN.com - Relief*workers*confront 'urban warfare' - Sep 1, 2005
    National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans
    YouTube - National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans

CNN / Katrina: U.S. Military Hunting People in New Orleans
    YouTube - CNN / Katrina: U.S. Military Hunting People in New Orleans

The Great New Orleans Gun Grab
    YouTube - The Great New Orleans Gun Grab

NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina
    YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina

MSNBC Katrina "Bush don't need to be president no more!"
    YouTube - MSNBC Katrina "Bush don't need to be president no more!" (Bush press conference at White House)

I'd though this all was common knowledge as the story had been covered, told, and retold for years now.
    Bush deployed the troops upon Governor Blanco's request and it was they, along with local police, that ran rough shod over citizens Constitutional rights and not just the second either.

- Michael D. Brown
    Under Secretary of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), Dept. of Homeland Defense
    Administrator, FEMA
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links