2A and Obama:my thoughts

This is a discussion on 2A and Obama:my thoughts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have to say I honestly don't think we are any worse off on the second amendment from then we were under Clinton/Gore. I say ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2A and Obama:my thoughts

I have to say I honestly don't think we are any worse off on the second amendment from then we were under Clinton/Gore. I say this because in all reality Obama/Biden aren't any worse then Clinton/Gore were on gun rights they support mostly all the same things and Clinton didn't get to take our guns away.

I agree we need to stay vigilant,but the sky is not falling either in all seriousness I think a lot of gun owners are over reacting in this sense. I must say I can see a new AWB passing(maybe,maybe not) if we do our part. Enclosing while I didn't vote for Obama I applaud him for wanting the job,and he is our president and he has my respect and support.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I have to say I honestly don't think we are any worse off on the second amendment from then we were under Clinton/Gore. I say this because in all reality Obama/Biden aren't any worse then Clinton/Gore were on gun rights they support mostly all the same things and Clinton didn't get to take our guns away.

I agree we need to stay vigilant,but the sky is not falling either in all seriousness I think a lot of gun owners are over reacting in this sense. I must say I can see a new AWB passing(maybe,maybe not) if we do our part. Enclosing while I didn't vote for Obama I applaud him for wanting the job,and he is our president and he has my respect and support.

Thank you, finally another common sense response. I concur, we must stay vigilant no matter what, but people are talking about the price of this or that and ammunition, but they fail to understand, their mass buying is producing exactly what they are fearing, a cost hike on taxes and such, they whomever they are don't have to do it, we are doing it to ourselves. Supply and demand, you buy more and more, the price will rise because they the (gun manufacturers,
    ammunition makers) can get away with raising prices due to that demand.

We need to chill out and be alert and not shoot ourselves in the foot which we do so often to ourselves.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Well all it will take is some incident. There was already that shooting down in Miami; another major incident and the current administration would not be opposed to any action.

We'll see though... I'm just hoping they're too preoccupied with other things, and I think Obama will need to save his political capital for his policy towards Afghanistan and won't be able to spare it for a new AWB.

Let's just make sure it is politically infeasible for them to hurt law abiding gun owners.

Stop, I'm having a lot of fun "over reacting". It gives me something to do in these slow times. Besides you should see my "over reacting" ammo stash I got going, that I'm very proud of. My "over reacting" was so intense I even convinced the wife we needed a few more weapons. Don't underestimate the good and goodies that over reacting can provide.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member

While I can agree with most of your post, I can't with the last part. Respect has to be earned, it can not be commanded or expected simply by holding a certain title. While in the military I had officers that I showed respect to by virtue of their rank, but held in utmost contempt as a person. Those that earned my respect as a person and held a rank that commanded respect I would have walked through the fires of hell for. Those who merely held the rank and nothing more received what was deserved, my job being done to the best of my ability and nothing more.

I think someone on this site said it best. President Obama isn't going to hurt 2A rights anymore than President Bush helped them.

And don't forget that 'overreacting' can get some of us who might not otherwise do so to be active in contacting the politicians who have their hands on the throat of the Constitution to let them know we're here and we care.

Even if they took guns away, criminals would still find away to kill people. The honest hard working citizen deserves the right to protect his family from those criminals.

VIP Member
    The problem is the anti-gunner's learn from their mistakes.......They saw the 'problems' with the original Assault Weapons Ban. This means that the next AWB won't have a 'sunset clause' & it will address the cosmetic issues that the last left out.

The only way we will be able to fight it is if we can have it overturned by the courts.........& good luck getting that done.

A new AWB is coming, BO will continue to placate the special interests that helped elect him.....They are already beating on his door with nationalized health care, welfare, expanding unions, abortion rights (which Pelosi so IN-eloquently tried to answer in the last couple of days...), taxes (......to quote BO..."I WON!")......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Those who merely held the rank and nothing more received what was deserved, my job being done to the best of my ability and nothing more.
    I believe that is all the leadership ever asked for...whether respect or not.

Rick

VIP Member
    I remember a scene from Schindler's List where the Jews were already placed in the Ghetto, it was winter and a group of them were around a barrel with a fire going on trying to warm up. They were commenting that things could not get any worse and that they should not worry.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Yeah but you are forgetting the Democrats didn't have as much of a majority in both houses of Congress back then as they do now. Now more bills can get to the floor to get voted on and I hat to say it passed.
    One more step and it's on!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I remember a scene from Schindler's List where the Jews were already placed in the Ghetto, it was winter and a group of them were around a barrel with a fire going on trying to warm up. They were commenting that things could not get any worse and that they should not worry.
    ......"Hey, look they're sending us to the showers....now we'll be nice & clean....(cough, cough)........"
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

What people seem to ignore is that most of the laws on the books have been put there in the last 28 years. Of those 28 years only 8 were under a Democratic president.

Since 1980, only 8 years, that's right only 8 years have been presided over by a big bad gun stealing Democrat. And yet here we are.

I'm glad Obama is in office, because IMO he is the best thing to happen to the 2a in a long time. Why? Because now people are paying attention. Like never before people are paying attention to our 2a rights and that is good.

Where were all the Republican stumpers when those 22 years of Republicans were in office writing anti-gun bills? Since 1980 the GOP is winning the game 22-8. That my friends is a BLOW OUT in any sport. So don't blame the Democrats alone for where we are. Doing so is pure ignorance.

Where were all the pro gun folks when Reagan was in office signing more anti-gun legislation than any president in the previous 30 years combined?

People can cry and scream all they want that the Democrats are going to take their guns, but people need to wake up and smell what they are shoveling. You have to fear that EVERY politician has the potential to do it. If McCain had won the Republican voters would have fallen asleep at the wheel and old J-Mac was NOT gun friendly at all. In 2001 the NRA called him the most dangerous man in American when it came to the 2a. Yet people are all scared because Obama won.

The paranoid double standard is why we are where we are in terms of gun ownership in America. I don't blame the Democratic voters, I blame the Republican voters who voted for their man, and then fell asleep at the wheel and scrutinized NOTHING that they did while in office.

We need to be vigilant no matter WHO is in office. And the fact that now people are is great.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links