Contacting Your Representative

This is a discussion on Contacting Your Representative within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got finished firing off letters to each of my Congressmen. It was very easy, simply do a google search for "senator your state" ...

Thread: Contacting Your Representative

Contacting Your Representative

I just got finished firing off letters to each of my Congressmen. It was very easy, simply do a google search for "senator your state" and "representative your state". You may have to drill down to identify your own rep, then click the link for contact. You will get a webform and be asked to put your name, address and email address. Then you will sometimes have a subject line such as "gun control" to select from a pull down menu.

At this point you will be able to add the text of your letter. It is better to have the text already typed up in advance using a word processor which you can then just copy and paste into the form. They usually don't allow attachments, but some may.

Thanks, and let your reps know how you feel about gun control, your second amendment rights and how you want your rights affected by the new administration.

Those politicians are working for us, we must let them know how we feel.

You should have 3 representatives to contact, your area House Representative and 2 State Senators.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

I think it's also very important to call the congressional staffers. They keep a log of the number of calls.

Two years ago when Congress attempted to pass the "shamnesty" bill, we bombarded Congressmen (and women) with phone calls to the point that the phone lines were jammed. The people spoke with a HUGE outcry.

That got their attention.

Of course, there are always those die-hard liberal politicians who wouldn't listen to the masses no matter what.

I always remind my congressmen that "I voted you in and I can vote you out".

VIP Member
    If you have the ability to send a Fax, do that instead of either a letter or an e-mail or web mail.

Real mail gets delayed since the anthrax scare. E-mail is handled by automated processes. If you want a live person to see what you wrote, use Fax. It will cost you a long distance call, but nowadays that is usually a trivial amount of money and less than snail mail.

Been emailing to all representatives (ALL OF THEM) myself. I have received some letters and email in response, that were not automated. No need to argue which way is better, as long as we all do something.

Now is not the time to sit back and relax. I am not going to panic, but I am going to be more vigilent in my letter writing.

You can send up to 3 pages per fax twice a day for free from faxzero.com directly from your computer.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links