Letters to Senator Kirsten E Gillibrand

This is a discussion on Letters to Senator Kirsten E Gillibrand within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As some of you may be aware New York has a new Democratic Senator who received a 100% approval rating from the NRA. I am ...

Thread: Letters to Senator Kirsten E Gillibrand

Lightbulb Letters to Senator Kirsten E Gillibrand

As some of you may be aware New York has a new Democratic Senator who received a 100% approval rating from the NRA. I am an American of African descent as well as a Democrat from Harlem, NYC & still reside within New York City. I can not carry here but I do possess six non resident CCW permits/licenses CT, FL, ME, NH, UT & VA. I'm also a Life Member of the NRA & a member of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association.

There is a a lot of talk about how the citizens of NYC have 2nd Amendment views that differ from the rural citizens of the district the new Senator previously represented in upstate New York as a Congresswoman. I do not believe that the residents of New York City are Anti-2A but I do believe that NYC has strong Anti 2A- Politics.

I've also discovered that several people have commented on the fact that Senator Gillibrand speaks about representing the rights of hunters but does not seem to mention anything about CCW.

So I'm asking that we right her letters showing our support of her as a strong 2A Democratic Senator & if you choose you can also politely express your concerns about her views on protecting CCW rights. Even if you are not a resident of New York state I'm sure she would benefit from knowing how many of us are out here across the country so feel free to contact her as well.

I have never personally met the Senator & have no direct affiliation with her other then sharing the same political party but I'm trying to be at the front of the fight for better 2A laws in New York City & welcoming a 2A Senator to New York.

I will be personally trying to initiate an open forum with her office in regards to 2A & CCW. So feel free to mention that I asked you to show your support for her it will be greatly appreciated.

My info:

Mr. Robert Reynolds
    New York NY 10032-6115
    Small Armz
    mrreynolds@smallarmz.info

THE HONORABLE KIRSTEN E GILLIBRAND
    US SENATOR
    532 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
    WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-4451

Hon Kirsten E. Gillibrand

2. Remove Ads

Maybe a petition? Or a form letter and a place for person comments.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Good Job!

Keep at it.

Does NY have a grass roots RKBA org similar to Virginia's VCDL?

If so, you might want to work with them. The National Park Service ban repeal started with a single rank & file member of the VCDL getting the ball rolling with the 1st petition. Alone the way we picked up lots of co-sponsors and lots of help.

If NY doesn't have a grass roots RKBA org, a core of folk from here might start one.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Great

You have my support. I moved from IL to MN 30 yrs ago. Finally, with the new laws inacted by the consrvative politicians, I can carry open or concealed. Problem is the congress democrats are pushed by the anti gun liberals and we will lose our rights.

Consider moving to a more friendly gun state. Your welcome here.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Good Job!

Keep at it.

Does NY have a grass roots RKBA org similar to Virginia's VCDL?

If so, you might want to work with them. The National Park Service ban repeal started with a single rank & file member of the VCDL getting the ball rolling with the 1st petition. Alone the way we picked up lots of co-sponsors and lots of help.

If NY doesn't have a grass roots RKBA org, a core of folk from here might start one.
    We have the NRA state affiliated organization "New York State Rifle & Pistol Association" thanks for the show of support

Copy of my letter to Senator Gillibrand Kirsten E. Gillibrand

mrreynolds

Thank's for your support of the rest of us that live in the People's Republic of New York. I'm here in Suffolk County and the situation is not quite as bad as in NYC but the administrative restrictions on concealed carry are oppressive.

I'll join with you to write and encourage Senator Gillibrand to continue her support of our 2nd amendment rights and fight to preserve/expand them while she is in Washington, D.C.

BTW, I read your letter and browsed the NYC application....UNBELIEVABLE! I thought the Suffolk County application was burdensome. Compared to the NYC application it's a shortform.

I also have a number of non-resident licenses from other states. The NYS process is a slap in the face to every NYS resident and the NYC process is a kick in the groin.

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    mrreynolds

Thank's for your support of the rest of us that live in the People's Republic of New York. I'm here in Suffolk County and the situation is not quite as bad as in NYC but the administrative restrictions on concealed carry are oppressive.

I'll join with you to write and encourage Senator Gillibrand to continue her support of our 2nd amendment rights and fight to preserve/expand them while she is in Washington, D.C.

BTW, I read your letter and browsed the NYC application....UNBELIEVABLE! I thought the Suffolk County application was burdensome. Compared to the NYC application it's a shortform.

I also have a number of non-resident licenses from other states. The NYS process is a slap in the face to every NYS resident and the NYC process is a kick in the groin.
    Thank you for your support. NYC is ridiculous with their license system. I will do what I can to spread the word for all of us in the 2A community. I'll try to be more then just a voice on the net & be physical as well as proactive. I can always be reached here or via my site Small Armz

They also changed her mailing address from 532 to 531

THE HONORABLE KIRSTEN E GILLIBRAND
    US SENATOR
    531 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
    WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-4451

mrreynolds

I've made note of the change of address and I'll check out your website.

Links