Defensive Carry banner

H.R. 17: Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 (A Trojan Horse!)

3K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  swaggs 
#1 ·
Note:
It should be immediately obvious to Us, amongst DC.com and anyone else who is up on their 2A and civil rights laws, that this is not what in title upon first blush it might seem and be purported to be.
For persons who are without a clue I can though easily see how they would jump to support this and think it's a good thing.
A critical eye is required here to understand exactly what is being proposed, and why it's a sucka play for suckers.

---

H.R. 17: Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009

To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right.

1/6/2009--Introduced.
Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 - Declares that a person not prohibited under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act from receiving a firearm shall have the right to obtain firearms for security and to use firearms in defense of: (1) self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury; (2) self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and (3) the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person.
Authorizes persons whose rights under this Act have been violated to bring an action in U.S. district court against the United States, any state, or any person for damages, injunctive relief, and such other relief as the court deems appropriate.

Source - H.R. 17 - Summary: Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
Sponsor - Rep. Roscoe Bartlett [R-MD](no cosponsors)

- Janq

See less See more
#2 ·
I read the full text...and I'm confused. It doesn't seem this bill does anything at all, good or bad. We already have the right to obtain firearms, and use them for defense. We also have the right to pursue legal action if that right is violated...so what's this bill doing that I'm not seeing?

#4 ·
Heres is the act posted for all to see. Please read it before making judgements.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

HR 17 IH

111th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 17
To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 6, 2009
Mr. BARTLETT introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A BILL

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.
The Congress finds the following:

(1) Police cannot protect, and are not legally liable for failing to protect, individual citizens, as evidenced by the following:

(A) The courts have consistently ruled that the police do not have an obligation to protect individuals, only the public in general. For example, in Warren v. District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981), the court stated: `[C]ourts have without exception concluded that when a municipality or other governmental entity undertakes to furnish police services, it assumes a duty only to the public at large and not to individual members of the community.'.

(B) Former Florida Attorney General Jim Smith told Florida legislators that police responded to only 200,000 of 700,000 calls for help to Dade County authorities.

(C) The United States Department of Justice found that, in 1989, there were 168,881 crimes of violence for which police had not responded within 1 hour.

(2) Citizens frequently must use firearms to defend themselves, as evidenced by the following:

(A) Every year, more than 2,400,000 people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals--or more than 6,500 people a day. This means that, each year, firearms are used 60 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.

(B) Of the 2,400,000 self-defense cases, more than 192,000 are by women defending themselves against sexual abuse.

(C) Of the 2,400,000 times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, 92 percent merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8 percent of the time, does a citizen kill or wound his or her attacker.

(3) Law-abiding citizens, seeking only to provide for their families' defense, are routinely prosecuted for brandishing or using a firearm in self-defense. For example:

(A) In 1986, Don Bennett of Oak Park, Illinois, was shot at by 2 men who had just stolen $1,200 in cash and jewelry from his suburban Chicago service station. The police arrested Bennett for violating Oak Park's handgun ban. The police never caught the actual criminals.

(B) Ronald Biggs, a resident of Goldsboro, North Carolina, was arrested for shooting an intruder in 1990. Four men broke into Biggs' residence one night, ransacked the home and then assaulted him with a baseball bat. When Biggs attempted to escape through the back door, the group chased him and Biggs turned and shot one of the assailants in the stomach. Biggs was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon--a felony. His assailants were charged with misdemeanors.

(C) Don Campbell of Port Huron, Michigan, was arrested, jailed, and criminally charged after he shot a criminal assailant in 1991. The thief had broken into Campbell's store and attacked him. The prosecutor plea-bargained with the assailant and planned to use him to testify against Campbell for felonious use of a firearm. Only after intense community pressure did the prosecutor finally drop the charges.

(4) The courts have granted immunity from prosecution to police officers who use firearms in the line of duty. Similarly, law-abiding citizens who use firearms to protect themselves, their families, and their homes against violent felons should not be subject to lawsuits by the violent felons who sought to victimize them.

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO OBTAIN FIREARMS FOR SECURITY, AND TO USE FIREARMS IN DEFENSE OF SELF, FAMILY, OR HOME; ENFORCEMENT.

(a) Reaffirmation of Right- A person not prohibited from receiving a firearm by Section 922(g) of title 18, United States Code, shall have the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms--

(1) in defense of self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury;

(2) in defense of self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and

(3) in defense of the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person.

(b) Firearm Defined- As used in subsection (a), the term `firearm' means--

(1) a shotgun (as defined in section 921(a)(5) of title 18, United States Code);

(2) a rifle (as defined in section 921(a)(7) of title 18, United States Code); or

(3) a handgun (as defined in section 10 of Public Law 99-408).

(c) Enforcement of Right-

(1) IN GENERAL- A person whose right under subsection (a) is violated in any manner may bring an action in any United States district court against the United States, any State, or any person for damages, injunctive relief, and such other relief as the court deems appropriate.

(2) AUTHORITY TO AWARD A REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEE- In an action brought under paragraph (1), the court, in its discretion, may allow the prevailing plaintiff a reasonable attorney's fee as part of the costs.

(3) STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS- An action may not be brought under paragraph (1) after the 5-year period that begins with the date the violation described in paragraph (1) is discovered.

#6 ·
Adrenalin,

Nothing about it is right/okay.
It's all wrong....

* It is duplicitous against the 2nd Amendment

* Being conditional against the Brady Act is unnecessary as that act affects singularly purchase of firearms as related to timing. If you are defending yourself in your home then well you already have a firearm and are not waiting in line at Dick's.

* If the inclusion of the 'Brady Bill' portion is meant to be in reference to the secondary and follow on Assault Weapon Ban of '94 which expired Federally then again this is unnecessary and stupid. And would be a back door means to reinstate the AWB at the Federal level as most states today no longer follow or have applicable the AWB. Except for a handful of states like MA, CA, MD (!), NY, NJ, and IL.
At a federal level this would override already existent state Castle laws _and_ further add specific restrictions which are not only unnecessary but in many if not most states simply are not relevant as current.

* The proposal adds _limits_ to where and when and for what reason a person might choose to defend their self or their property to actions only that are of a felony degree. Meanwhile very many citizens defend themselves and their homes against persons who are committing misdemeanors such as assault, battery, intimidation, and theft. None of these are felonies.

I could go on but bottom line this is garbage.
Do not support it and write your Congressman asking them to do same, and to not be bamboozled by the title or to assume the 'gun people' would find this acceptable...because it definitely is not acceptable.
Although for antis it is and would be appeasement.

- Janq

#8 ·
I disagree.
It's not duplicitous of the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment says nothing specifically of the right for the citizen to own or use firearms to protect themselves or their families.

18 USC 922 is not the weapons ban of '94. 18USC922 is the current legislation that prohibits certain interstate sale and transfer as well as purchase by felons, fugitives, mentally defective persons, persons acquited by reasons of insanity, minors, etc. The inclusion of this seems to point to the situation where such person prohibited from owning/posessing firearms uses one. I'm okay with this inclusion.

A lot of states don't have castle laws. As the examples, included in the bill, point out, many people are prosecuted for defending themselves and their property. This bill would serve to protect them.

So, what's wrong with this again?

#9 ·
I disagree.
It's not duplicitous of the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment says nothing specifically of the right for the citizen to own or use firearms to protect themselves or their families.
Correct.

The 2nd does not specifically narrow down ones right to keep, bear, and employ arms to a specific instance of use under a specific and narrow window of circumstance.

What do we need this for when already we have the 2nd?

18 USC 922 is not the weapons ban of '94. 18USC922 is the current legislation that prohibits certain interstate sale and transfer as well as purchase by felons, fugitives, mentally defective persons, persons acquited by reasons of insanity, minors, etc. The inclusion of this seems to point to the situation where such person prohibited from owning/posessing firearms uses one. I'm okay with this inclusion.
As I'd stated above I said "if" the reference to the Brady Bill was meaning toward the expired AWB...then well the rest should be clear.

As to 18 USC 922 in specific that too has problems even as it is current US law.
Specifically these...

922. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful—
(1) for any person—
(A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce;

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26)));
(6) who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

Source - US CODE: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts
Even as they are already law of the land 18 USC 922 is not something to be reinforced in validity.
This item in itself is an item of great debate and has been even here on all of the specific points I cited above.

A lot of states don't have castle laws. As the examples, included in the bill, point out, many people are prosecuted for defending themselves and their property. This bill would serve to protect them.
And as such those individual states should develop their own state laws to address this as have those states that have.
Under this bill many of the Joe and Jane Blow persons who have been victimized by crime as featured and updated daily here in our own crime archives would find themselves to be victimized a second time because they used a firearm to defend themselves or their property whilst at home against a person(s) who were not committing specifically a felony level crime.

So, what's wrong with this again?
As I said before almost everything.

- Janq

#10 ·
I assume the main benefit of a bill like this would that it would create federal law as opposed to the various state laws. Some states will likely "win" others "lose" depending on how the bill compares to current laws in the respective state.

The bill is actually overall very much pro-gun if compared to average state laws (remember there is CA, MA and such).

#11 ·
reading it again, I am even more in favor of it. The bill doesn't restrict anything. The most important part of the bill is the "enforcement of rights" section. It would enable a citizen to sue a state if the state! This is the big question that Heller left open: If the 2nd amendment applies to state law or not. With this bill, there would be no question: You are allowed to own firearms, and use them in your defense inside AND outside the house. If the state doesn't allow it: Sue them and earn cash doing so.

#12 ·
Maybe a moot point here....but could it be that the whole point of the "felony" inclusion and not even a mention of "misdemeanors" is for civil lawsuit protection - vs explicit or implicit meaning that we cannot defend ourselves from misdemenors?

In other words, if we are protecting ourselves during a felonious intent - we won't get sued.
But we are fair game if it is only a misdeamenor?

#14 ·
I hadn't even touched on that specific point yet, but yep and agreed.
That too is _another_ back door to problems that we don't need, want, nor many of us across the nation care to deal with.

I might be okay with this, maybe, if it were rewritten and various exclusions excluded as well as various other items included.
But then it would be a wholly different and new document altogether. Which should be pushed at the MD and similar other state level not federal.

- Janq

#13 ·
Paul,

I'm not clear as to what you mean by "pro gun" but this bill is not pro human being. :(

There is no strong need nor call to override state laws with a Federalized version of a Castle Law. Who has even heard of anyone calling for as much?
This is and has been a state rule item handled at the state level.
The MD representative might mean well (benefit of the doubt) by intentions to provide his own states people and those of others like his a means of protection which his own states legislature may not support. But that is his problem and his states people problem. Not that or my state, your state, or Florida and Colorado for example where such item has already been covered by the state. Persons in other states such as CA and MA (I am currently in MA) should and need to address their own individual state legislature as well for same. This is a state issue not something for Feds to manage and discern.

Then speaking of discernment there is the not so tiny contrition on the part of the rep in that he states;

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO OBTAIN FIREARMS FOR SECURITY, AND TO USE FIREARMS IN DEFENSE OF SELF, FAMILY, OR HOME; ENFORCEMENT.

(1) in defense of self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury;

(2) in defense of self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and

(3) in defense of the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person.
So in order to even be applicable under this federalized position the victimizer has to be and would have to have been in the act (!) of committing a felony. That is the only allowance. There are in fact though very many other reasons that a person would want to defend themself, their family, or their home against a victimizer that in fact would not be a felony level/type crime.

Further he goes on to specifically state this would only be applicable to use of firearms (!), and within that certain and specific types of firearm.
So what about all the many people who use other means to defend themself or their property at their home. Items such as baseball bats, golf clubs, knives of all sorts, and basically any other thing a human being can lawfully keep and bear toward which they might employ to defend themself?

He clearly narrows this down only exclusively to use of firearms _AND_ when the victimizer is in the process of commission of a felony.
Check any other states Castle Laws and see how many others have same such narrow restrictions.

While you're at it also check the Clayton Cramer Self-Defense Blog and compare real world incidents as reported there of citizens defending them self at home against the text and letter of this proposal. Many of them under this would be found not applicable and thus in a future speak sense be either potentially guilty of a crime (!) though wouldit be at the stet or even a federal level (?). And the person would per the text of this be left with no recourse either thanks to at a Federal level state citizen right being shut down.

No thank you.
I personally am not "pro-gun" . I am though very much pro human being and all about civil rights, which this proposal to my eyes would infringe upon for many real people everywhere...including in MD, MA, CA and other such crap places.

- Janq

#15 ·
Janq:

I think the two of us just read this bill very differently :).

I see it as a "minimum standard". A state would have to at least provide the rights outlined in the bill. It does not limit what states may provide in addition. So for me as a Floridian, the bill doesn't matter. However, some years ago, when I lived in Mass, the bill would make a big difference.

It would be nice to get more. But if this bill passes, it would be a big step forward.

I don't think any state law right now allows the use of deadly force to defend against a misdemeanor. Florida limits it to "forcible felenoys" outside of your house. A burglary would be a felony. HR is worded very brief compared to the corresponding Florida state law (the only one I am somewhat familiar with), but it expresses the same ideas.

The second amendment does go beyond what this bill provides. But remember that we still don't know if state law is affected by it. The bill also in particular addresses carry outside of the house, which is another question left open by the Heller decision.

#16 ·
(1) self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury;

This part bothers me. Reasonable and imminent. This sounds like the good ole' NJ/MD CCW requirements. Sounds like someone wants to have the arbitrary process go beyond CCW and include possession as well.
That would mean DC could deny Heller a hangun because he wasn't attacked or threatened.
I don't see anything bad in the rest of the bill, but it does seem redundant in light of Heller and the 2A.

#18 · (Edited)
I don't want to dismiss Janq's concerns, because I agree with him in the following sense: we shouldn't need Federal legislation that is redundant with respect to protected rights, and any attempt to do so offers a potential avenue for 2A opponents to try to restrict specific things that aren't encompassed by such a law.

So I will grant that I can see room for Unintended Consequences to come along and bite us in the backside.

Without that extra grain of salt, though, Bartlett has an A-rating from the NRA and is generally clued in on RKBA issues, and I think this is a straightforward attempt by him to propose a legitimate Federal Castle Doctrine. Thing is, it might almost be worth seeing this pass just to get all of those findings---the exact arguments we tend to make to counter anti-2A BS---admitted as an official part of the Congressional record.

I figure this will probably go the way of the National reciprocity legislation---well-intentioned but DOA.

ETA: The Brady reference might be a sop to get some votes. If it were me writing it, trying to find some weasel words, I might just say something like, "anybody not specifically prohibited under Federal law from buying..."

Also, I think the paragraph about those whose rights have been curtailed having the right to bring action and seek relief is a deliberate thumb in the Brady Bunch's collective eye, addressing the current situation where folks are generally unable to get themselves off of a NICS forbidden list; this should, I think, be seen as a pro-RKBA effort limited by the state of other current legislation.

#20 ·
Fully agree with Paul on this. This is not a restrictive bill. It doesn't trump states castle laws in any way. Rather, it provides a baseline, federal, level of protection to those who defend themselves and their families.

Should this be a state issue? Absolutely! But since some states seem to face internal hurdles that do allow passage of such laws, this would be a win. Of course, many of those same hurdles exist at the federal level. Is it likely that this bill will make it through a liberal house, liberal senate, and miss a liberal veto?.......

#21 ·
I afraid I’m going to have to agree with Jang on this one.

The 2nd amendment already says it all.

And while it sounds great up front, I am afraid that anytime you try to tamper with or improve the 2nd amendment, we are tampering with one of the key basis of our form of Government, and by doing so, lead to the 2nd amendment being diminished, or restricted.

#22 ·
How can you folk think that it does not trump state castle laws when this 'baseline' sets the criminal action by the victimizer at a requirement of "felony" level activity?

On the face of things alone, even if you read nothing else of the full body text or even the summery, that should immediately jump out to you and all as hey that is a problem...a serious problem.
Not nearly all or I'd say even a majority of Castle specific cases involved or started out as being felony level crime activities.

For example as ripped from the recent DC.com head lines...

* Father defends daughter and grandson from ex-husband who attempts to enter fathers home and in the process thumps or as reported "punches" father in his chest at where his recently completed heart surgery was closed up. Father at that point having been assaulted but the ex-husband is not yet in the home shoots the criminal in self defense. Castle law is applicable, but the action by the criminal was NOT a felony. Assault is a misdemeanor.

* Joe Horn of Texas shoots two persons who to him in the moment appeared to have broken into a neighbors home. As they flee, with a bag in hand, one of them physically takes steps on to his lawn which adjoins that of his neighbor. He engages both persons and fires. The persons die being guilty of Trespass (Joe's Land) and Criminal Trespass for the accomplice. Neither type of crime are felonies, they are misdemeanors.

* Running right now today as a feature item at DC.com is the story of a guy in Colorado who was literally blind drunk and wound up attempting to break into an occupied home which by circumstantial evidence appears to have been mistaken by him as being his own residence (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...rados-make-my-day-law-eyed-home-shooting.html).
The actual homeowner who is present ends up shooting the trespasser upon he attempting to enter by means of force. The criminal dies. If he had survived his charge also would have been Criminal Trespass. Which is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Under this federalized proposal which would supersede state law and might maybe be used as a "baseline" (not all states would expand on this though...for example states that currently do not support Castle Laws to some degree which are quite few) all of the above case would not be applicable and thus not cleared as Castle Defense scenarios, exposing the victims to be victimized a second time...by Federal law.

Seriously folks think about this.
Go to the DC.com thread "In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and on your own pick and choose Castle Law related stories from there at random (!) and note how those instances compare to the text of this proposal, just on the requirement of their having to have been a commission of a felony alone.
Forget about everything else I'd said that also is a problem here and focus just on the felony component.

As quoted once more, and this time bolded for emphasis, because it seems like folks missed this prior either in reading the proposal on their own or reviewing this thread...

[This eliminates Joe Horn!]

[This eliminates grandpa who was bumped/thumped/pushed/punched in the chest on his stoop!]

[This eliminates Colorado guy and Grandpa and Joe Horn too!]

This is a proposed law of the land. Not a contract toward a Blockbuster account that can be easily revoked if you find out it sucks and do not want it any more One must read this and all such proposals with a purposefully critical eye, regardless of who proposed what and where they might fall amongst the friends of the NRA scale last month.
Half the craplaws and regulations we have in place were written with good intentions and passed because folks including citizens and those who represent us did not and do not simply read muchless critically. And they assume ehh so n so he's on 'our' side and he means well. Well you know what they say about good intentions.
This proposal has holes. Either plug them with a proper rewrite, or scuttle it.

BTW if I were of the anti-gun and anti-violence and anti-2A and anti-citizen defense belief and I had read this proposal, I would view this as being something that is 'bilateral' which is political speak for appeasement. Both sides give something so that both sides can win something.
Ask yourself what do you win and at what cost?

- Janq

#23 ·
Janq--the first provision does not require felony activity, only "reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily harm"--it says nothing about felony.

The only problem that I see with this law--aside from the fact that we shouldn't need it, because the RKBA already supercedes it--is that it is limited to protection of self and "family" and does not provide the same protection for defense of others.

Still, as noted above, this legislation has a snowball's chance, anyway. Our fight is and always will be with restoring the scope of the 2A to what it was intended, and its extension to State restrictions via the 14A.

#24 ·
XDF,

Lets run with that.

If selective use of 1, 2, or 3 were the intent then there is no need for 2 and 3.
Number 2 is duplicitous to number 1 only adding an additional restriction of the felony contingent.
Number 3 is specific to defense of ones home. That should have been and would be better written if inserted amongst 1 as are "self" and "family" to read;

'(1) in defense of self or family or home against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury'

Then in number 1 there is the statement of "serious bodily injury".
Again see my real world examples. None of those three involved "serious bodily injury". Not even the one where the dad homeowner was thumped in his chest, even as it is not a felony either. Same goes for criminal trespass, it is not a "serious bodily injury" type of crime and in the other two examples neither victim reported to police in real time that their person(s) they were in fear of were in any way armed or even able to be a "threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury".

If at the worst one might say this is badly written then I'd agree.
A rewrite is in order, which still makes this proposal in specific a problem.
Again never mind all of my other prior comments.

- Janq

#25 ·
Dude--the first provision covers defense of self and family based on "reasonable perception", the second covers defense of self and family based on violent felonious action against a person regardless of perception, and the third covers defense of home based on felonious action. They cover three different sets of circumstances. Your proposal would be far more limiting than what is already there.

I am not saying that it is a great bill--I think the restriction to self and family is absurd--but this is not the ogre you are making it out to be.

#26 ·
America the great, land of the lawsuit.

That bill is too loosely written and I also see it preempting or overriding existing State Castle Laws.

The first thing you are going to get hit with when you go to trial, "Are you qualified to determine what type of crime is a Felony?"

Robbery may be a felony, but only after they have left your property with your property, in which case, the law no longer applies. If you stop them before they leave, then it is misdemeanor B&E with vandalism for making a mess while rifling your jewelery box or safe for goodies.

Me no likey either.

#27 ·
Not sure but if they break in while someone is home around here the charges are upgraded from B&E to felony burglary. But I agree that you would be put to task on the stand about your knowledge of the laws. And how you come to aquire that knowledge.

#28 ·
Why would I want a law that assures me of the right to firearms for defense, when it's no one's business why I have a firearm to begin with. I already have a much broader right to own firearms. It seems like it is a step in conditioning the masses to think of firearms only for defense - a backdoor for limiting what firearms are "reasonable" for defense and thus for purchase. Kind of like the "sporting purpose" nonsense included in the German gun control legislation in 1938 and the US's in '68. No thanks. I already have the right to purchase/own a firearm for whatever (legal) reason I want with no need to explain to anyone my intent.

#29 ·
It would be a great law for the EU Parliament to start with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.