Virginia Restaurant ban repeal

This is a discussion on Virginia Restaurant ban repeal within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If all goes well in the coming few days I will be joining you all up there. I hate the restaurant carry issues in VA. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virginia Restaurant ban repeal

me
    If all goes well in the coming few days I will be joining you all up there. I hate the restaurant carry issues in VA. I am from PA and currently live in Texas both places it is a non-issue but my problem will be having to leave it in my car after I move to VA. I can not bring myself to open carry a firearm because of my job and the reputation that needs to stand behind my employer and myself.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    If all goes well in the coming few days I will be joining you all up there. I hate the restaurant carry issues in VA. I am from PA and currently live in Texas both places it is a non-issue but my problem will be having to leave it in my car after I move to VA. I can not bring myself to open carry a firearm because of my job and the reputation that needs to stand behind my employer and myself.

Just out of curiosity, what type of job do you have that your following the law would jeopardize you and your employers reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I agree this is a stupid requirement...hopefully one that will go away while in committee.
    A law with this requirement was passed by both houses in VA last year, but was vetoed by Gov. Kaine.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    A law with this requirement was passed by both houses in VA last year, but was vetoed by Gov. Kaine.
    And I suspect he will do it again. I have contacted his office numerous time and gotten the standard response from him. I suggest each of us CONTACT KAINE and urge him to support this legislation, as bad as it is.
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    Yup!

And we were just five votes short of an override.

Who knows? Maybe this year.

Got to keep trying.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I'm sorry guys, this is "sad"... when you think it's OK to have to notify the Mgr of a business that you are carrying a firearm concealed, when you can walk in with one on your hip in the open.

Fight for what you believe, not for the scraps they want you to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'm sorry guys, this is "sad"... when you think it's OK to have to notify the Mgr of a business that you are carrying a firearm concealed, when you can walk in with one on your hip in the open.

Fight for what you believe, not for the scraps they want you to accept.
    I do not believe anyone thinks it is OK, I know I do not, but we have to start somewhere. I for one never give up a fight for what I believe.
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Carrying while intoxicated is already a class-one misdemeanor for which one becomes ineligible to have a permit for five years. How is a prohibition against any drinking based on a threat of a conviction for a class three misdemeanor going to enhance that threat? Though two convictions of lesser misdemeanors can also make one ineligible.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    While this is a SMALL step in the right direction the 'notification' clause is poorly written & vague....it also is pretty dumb....but what do you expect from a dumb politician......(in case you didn't read the funny part of the OP):

The only thing that needs to be banned are stupid politicians.....
    Marsh has never been known as the smartest cookie in the jar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links