Losing battle?

Losing battle?

This is a discussion on Losing battle? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the library today to get a look at "More guns less crime". Guess what the books around it were 14 Pro-control 4 Balanced ...

Thread: Losing battle?

Losing battle?

Went to the library today to get a look at "More guns less crime". Guess what the books around it were 14 Pro-control 4 Balanced and 4 Anti-control. Now the general public is Stupid About individual rights and looking at the number of books the Antis are making you would think control is good. The pols a re biased towards control not giving the option of voting for preventing crime. What are they doing they keep spouting lie after lie after lie and i believe they know they are lieing. So why do they do it? Why do they try to portray us as idiots or violent people when we wish them no harm at all. These are not politicians writing these books but more like college liberals. What do they get out of it trying to turn public opinion against us?

Maybe we should deal in a more emotional approach since reason probably won't work on most anymore (and that is the weapon being used against us). Instead of spouting facts and such we should try to point out positive uses of force that are easily identifiable. The lord of the rings comes to mind. When Eowyn said "those that do not have swords may still die upon them" is a good example. It may be difficult to get more examples because of Hollywood's stupidity and bias. We should not get to smug since freedom is swinging our way. Public opinion is Extremely fickle and democrats may swing back into power the next few elections.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Lead Moderator
    With the # of CCW shall issue states, the crime rates going down in those states and the lack of CCW holders committing crimes, I feel the Govt. would find it difficult to try and repeal CCW laws.
    However , we should be forever vigilant of the gun grabbers.

Assistant Administrator
    Bryan - I share your depair as do I am sure all of us here.

It is in many cases for me it is mostly about ''control'' pure and simple - added to that as well, a significant injection of simple ''gun fear'' - that thing that goes bang all on its own and only has evil intent.

''How possibly could/should good law abiding folk possibly want of those things".
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm just perplexed at the number of publishing's the antis have as compared to the rest of us. A friend just gave me another insight. They might have a "how dare you contradict us" mentality and therefore get spurred into publishing more books. Hopefully it won't be Hillery that gets to be next president but Bill might have an U.N. position soon.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Maybe we should deal in a more emotional approach
    Bryan, since you are a relatively new member, I dare to ask: Are you familiar with the works of Oleg Volk? He is a (the?) master of the pro-gun emotional approach. Check out http://www.a-human-right.com
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Thumbs up Take an "anti" shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    added to that as well, a significant injection of simple ''gun fear'' - that thing that goes bang all on its own and only has evil intent. ''How possibly could/should good law abiding folk possibly want of those things".
    The goal of those pols who advance antigun agendas is evil pure and simple. For a true NWO to come to pass and make it last, the USA must first be unilaterally disarmed. This is not a new concept.

America should give up all it's militias Joseph Stalin, 1933.

I believe that 99% of the Americans who support the antis agenda of a gun ban do so from pure naked fear of guns. They are Hoplophobes; a term coined by Jeff Cooper. The only effective way to counter the fear is to literally overcome it! The best first step is to take 'em to a range. Give them a lesson first (best to have an NRA Instructor do this...if possible) and let them loose (supervised) with a .22LR. Once they have some positive feedback from good hits it gets much easier. Once they see the FUN, it's easier to understand the benefits, too.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Pro-gun people tend to embrace conservative philosophies. Conservatives tend to be quieter, as a group, than those more liberal. It's no wonder there are fewer pro-gun books out there.

Gun control is not about guns; rather, it is all about control.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Talking Ohhhhhhhh WorldPax.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    Pro-gun people tend to embrace conservative philosophies. Conservatives tend to be quieter, as a group, than those more liberal. It's no wonder there are fewer pro-gun books out there.

Gun control is not about guns; rather, it is all about control.
    Careful.....we already went thru this when poor old WorldPax joined up. He turned out to be pretty normal. Well more normal than Bruces45, anyway!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Ex,

You'd have a hard time selling me on the idea that Bruce is normal. But that's ok, we love him no matter what.

to heart, I'm starting to see more and more conservatives popping up on my college campus. And even if it's not necessarily more conservatives, there are far more people who are willing to listen to both sides of the argument.

--Jim

P.S. Bruce, you know I'm only kidding dude! :)
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Wink Saint James?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter4884
    Ex,

You'd have a hard time selling me on the idea that Bruce is normal. But that's ok, we love him no matter what.

to heart, I'm starting to see more and more conservatives popping up on my college campus. And even if it's not necessarily more conservatives, there are far more people who are willing to listen to both sides of the argument.

--Jim

P.S. Bruce, you know I'm only kidding dude! :)
    Firefighter, ANYBODY named "JIM" has just GOT to be a good guy!

ExSoldier --- Jim

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ibex
    Bryan, since you are a relatively new member, I dare to ask: Are you familiar with the works of Oleg Volk? He is a (the?) master of the pro-gun emotional approach. Check out http://www.a-human-right.com
    THis guy rocks,
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    I'm just perplexed at the number of publishing's the antis have as compared to the rest of us.
    Bryan, it's easy to write a book, the hard part is getting it published. A few companies control the market. Let's face it, blood and horror sell. Saying how firearms can protect and defend life won't sell as fast.
    Sad story but true.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

The disarament of the US populace probably will not happen in my lifetime, however I cannot help but feel that it will happen. How it will come about I cannot guess. Should it occur before I move on, it will only make an outlaw out of me, and perhaps I'll take some of the tyrants with me. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. As others have said, 'gun control' as espoused by our elected "representatives" is about nothing more than control. The followers of the Brady Bunch, the hysterics, the neurotic nail biters are only being used by those who do not fear the gun, they fear those of us who have them. The UN push for small arms regulation is about one thing; disarmament of the citizens of every country in the world. Their "treaty" is due to be released for ratification within the next year. If it is ratified by our Congress, the 2nd Amendment is moot and the UN may then demand the confiscation of all small arms in civilian hands. Don't think our "representatives" couldn't fall for it. The Kerrys, Schumers, Clintonistas, Feinsteins, etc. are waiting.

Wink Don't Bet On That!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzg
    The disarament of the US populace probably will not happen in my lifetime, however I cannot help but feel that it will happen. How it will come about I cannot guess. Should it occur before I move on, it will only make an outlaw out of me, and perhaps I'll take some of the tyrants with me. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. As others have said, 'gun control' as espoused by our elected "representatives" is about nothing more than control. The followers of the Brady Bunch, the hysterics, the neurotic nail biters are only being used by those who do not fear the gun, they fear those of us who have them. The UN push for small arms regulation is about one thing; disarmament of the citizens of every country in the world. Their "treaty" is due to be released for ratification within the next year. If it is ratified by our Congress, the 2nd Amendment is moot and the UN may then demand the confiscation of all small arms in civilian hands. Don't think our "representatives" couldn't fall for it. The Kerrys, Schumers, Clintonistas, Feinsteins, etc. are waiting.
    I think it's got to happen. Inevitable. It will probably come right after this country is crippled in a massive terrorist strike and be done to protect the children & for our own good. It won't take a lot to accomplish this...just a LIBERAL GLOBALIST President and a GLOBALIST Senate and a treaty. Treaty making powers afforded to the President cut across the US Constitution. It's like a formalized Amendment. If the President were to make a disarmament treaty with the UN and IF the Senate ratifies...GUESS WHAT...it's the LAW OF THE LAND! It is not subject to Constitutional review by the USSC because it is a part of the mechanism of the workings of the Constitution itself. The Senate is the "check" of the "Checks & Balances" of the seperation of powers.

Losing battle? I don't think so...as I long as I'm able I'll put a postive "spin" on anti-gun talk. Taking an "anti" to the range with qualified instruction is an excellent idea...keeping our attitude right is another.

Non illegitimi carborundum per General Joe Stillwell...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Links