Far left anti-gun group could be eligible to receive millions, if not billions - Page 2

Far left anti-gun group could be eligible to receive millions, if not billions

This is a discussion on Far left anti-gun group could be eligible to receive millions, if not billions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by P7fanatic The ambiguity of this bill is appalling. I think Pelosi's has been There is no ambiguity. The bill sets forth or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,665

    Ambiguity?

    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    The ambiguity of this bill is appalling. I think Pelosi's has been

    There is no ambiguity. The bill sets forth or defines the types of organizations eligible for funding. These are the 501c3s. The good guys. The folks who do good works in communities.

    There is considerable imagination and mud slinging in the
    assumption that these provisions are there for the benefit of organizations whose activities some don't approve of.

    Some don't approve of neighborhood clinics. Some don't approve of volunteer fire departments, some don't approve of food pantries.

    There is nothing in the text of the law (and it will be law by Monday) that is as goofy as the goofy stuff being posted about it.


  2. #17
    Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texan in NWFlorida
    Posts
    1,588

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There is no ambiguity. The bill sets forth or defines the types of organizations eligible for funding. These are the 501c3s. The good guys. The folks who do good works in communities.
    There definately are some different points of view here.
    H.C.H.H. Obama was was of those 'community' organizers that did 'good works' in the communities. In fact he worked with ACORN and sued Citibank to require them to make mortgage loans to people that did not qualify and in neighborhoods in Chicago that were risky. 'Community Reinvestment Act' ring a bell?
    Speaking of ACORN, they're another one of those groups that take government money in their quest to register voters for upcoming elections. The fact that they've been involved in 'voter registration fraud'(VRF) for the past 10-15 years is of no importance to some. Currently they are being investigated for VRF in 13 states, more or less. They are not bi-partian either. I myself don't appreciate my tax money being used for partisan voter registration drives, especially when there is fraud involved.
    Planned Parenthood is another one of those 'community groups' that benifit greatly from our tax dollars. They were formed originally to advocate abortions, and that is still their primary aim. Largly paid for by our tax dollars.
    Planned Parenthood, what a misnomer.
    Have you noticed that, how dems/liberals have a habit of misnaming their organizations and the bills they try to pass. Like the 'Fairness Doctrine' which has nothing to do with fairness. It has everyting to do with silencing talk radion because it is the only media that in not in bed, I mean on board with the left. Another example is the 'Employee Free Choice Act' which has nothing to do with 'free choice'. It's just another tool for the unions to control workers so that unions gain more power. Do you believe that when you go to the polls that 'your vote' is a private one or do you believe that anyone and everyone should know how you voted? This 'Free Choice Act' takes that 'privacy' away. That, IMO, is unAmerican.
    There is one part of the bill that has been taken out that I believe they should put back in though. It's the 350-400 million dollars to help prevent STD's. Because with Pelosi, Reid, Obama and the dems trying to screw all of us with this big fat Porkulous spending bill, we just might need it.
    I could go on, but I won't.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

    GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,654
    The "porkulus" bill is the biggest rip-off that's ever come out of Washington. It's no wonder that the democrats are trying their best to push this quickly for a vote because the more we read, the more we find just how completely insane this bill is. I pray to God that it fails.

    Illegal aliens who broke the law will be eligible immediately for federal cash — up to $1,000!

    * $600 million goes for news cars for top government bureaucrats.
    * Obama promised major infrastructure projects — yet only 5 percent of all the money goes for this.
    * $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts.
    * $75 million to fund anti-smoking programs.
    * $650 million for the switch from analog television to digital.
    * $335 million to help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.
    * $600 million for “climate change” research programs.

    This is just a small part of the long laundry list of trivial, weird, and simply outrageous programs being funded in the Obama stimulus bill, which goes on for 680 pages — so long no one in the House was believed to have read it before voting for it!

    Just to show you the tremendous waste, there is so much money appropriated in this bill you could give every unemployed person in the nation a check for $75,000 for the amount being spent.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Somehow I think the comments regarding huge amounts of money going to ACORN are likely misguided.
    Here you go, Hopyard:


    Republicans Object to Stimulus Dollars for ACORN - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

    Republicans Object to Stimulus Dollars for ACORN

    Republican lawmakers are raising concerns that ACORN, the low-income advocacy group under investigation for voter registration fraud, could be eligible for billions in aid from the economic stimulus proposal working its way through the House.

    House Republican Leader John Boehner issued a statement over the weekend noting that the stimulus bill wending its way through Congress provides $4.19 billion for "neighborhood stabilization activities."

    He said the money was previously limited to state and local governments, but that Democrats now want part of it to be available to non-profit entities. That means groups like ACORN would be eligible for a portion of the funds.

    Sen. David Vitter, R-La., told FOX News Tuesday that the money could be seen as "payoff" for groups' political activities in the last election. ACORN generally supports Democratic candidates and actively backed President Obama last year.

    But he said the funding is just one example of frivolous spending items in the $825 billion package.

    "It's just a long list of spending items. Not a real economic stimulus job creation bill," Vitter said. "It's line after line after line of favorite liberal spending programs, and it amounts to a big government bill -- not a job creation bill."

    Democratic leaders in the House have already dropped federal funding from the bill for new contraceptive services and ongoing programs to stop sexually transmitted diseases after Obama told them that it did not fit in with the job-creating objectives of the package.

    Obama plans to meet with Republican leaders on Capitol Hill Tuesday to hear some their input on the package. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama is open to suggestions.
    Those dems can be very sly. Their bill is over 650 pages. They've had this planned out for months before the election. There is absolutely no way they wrote this bill in the 3 weeks since Obama took office.

    I call that a socialist agenda, don't you?
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  5. #20
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,665
    Patti--- read the text, and take what those Republican sources are telling you with some critical thinking of your own.

    The article said, "Republican lawmakers are raising concerns that ACORN, the low-income advocacy group under investigation for voter registration fraud, could be eligible...."

    Not the use of the word "could" to cloud over that they are speculating in a manner designed to create alarm.

    My grandmother could be my grandfather... (I don't need to complete that one.)

    The bill directs money to be spent in communities across a wide range of activities. Whether or not you will like which organizations get the money, I can't say because we don't yet know who will apply, what criteria other than they be neighborhood organizations and either government or non-profit.

    I bet some of it goes to Girls and Boys clubs, as just one example. To groups that do meals on wheels.

    What you are seeing is the turbo charged running of a propaganda campaign against the stimulus package--- which is not only absolutely needed, but was the original handiwork of the prior administration. Remember when Paulson wanted 750 billion with NO STRINGS and even a provision that he couldn't be held responsible or sued over decisions as to what to do with the money?

    All this stuff we are hearing is partisan posturing by folks (in the Senate and on the Republican side too) who know dang well that a bill of this type is essential.

    Can you say, "obstructionists and fear mongers."

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array Sheldon J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    Posts
    2,286
    Read the news, this was out over a week ago it is totaled to be 5.6 Billion in the stimulus package for them, and no that is not a typo.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

  7. #22
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,665

    For whom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Read the news, this was out over a week ago it is totaled to be 5.6 Billion in the stimulus package for them, and no that is not a typo.

    For "them." Read the bill's text and them tell me for whom.

    Everyone is getting bent about a fear that money will go to Acorn or Move On, though the clear language of the bill does not make that either true or possible.

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Can you say, "obstructionists and fear mongers."
    I see it as fear mongering by the party of socialism to fund pet projects and for political paybacks.

    I also see it as a sham that's being perpetuated on the American taxpayers.

    I owned a construction business for 12 years. When times got tough, I scaled back. I got lean and mean in order to survive the economic spiral.

    Bigger government, out-of-control spending, and higher taxes is not the answer.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  9. #24
    Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texan in NWFlorida
    Posts
    1,588

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Patti--- read the text, and take what those Republican sources are telling you with some critical thinking of your own.

    The article said, "Republican lawmakers are raising concerns that ACORN, the low-income advocacy group under investigation for voter registration fraud, could be eligible...."

    Not the use of the word "could" to cloud over that they are speculating in a manner designed to create alarm.

    My grandmother could be my grandfather... (I don't need to complete that one.)

    The bill directs money to be spent in communities across a wide range of activities. Whether or not you will like which organizations get the money, I can't say because we don't yet know who will apply, what criteria other than they be neighborhood organizations and either government or non-profit.

    I bet some of it goes to Girls and Boys clubs, as just one example. To groups that do meals on wheels.

    What you are seeing is the turbo charged running of a propaganda campaign against the stimulus package--- which is not only absolutely needed, but was the original handiwork of the prior administration. Remember when Paulson wanted 750 billion with NO STRINGS and even a provision that he couldn't be held responsible or sued over decisions as to what to do with the money?

    All this stuff we are hearing is partisan posturing by folks (in the Senate and on the Republican side too) who know dang well that a bill of this type is essential.

    Can you say, "obstructionists and fear mongers."

    You want critical thinking? OK.
    I'll start by not blindly believing everything the 'main stream slobbering media' tells me. I'll listen to their adoration and the 'feeling going up their legs', but I'll listen to other points of view and research when need be.

    You speak of 'obstructionists and fear mongers'.
    Right off I think of Pelosi and the congressess 47+ votes to either withdraw from Iraq or to stop funding the war in Iraq. Every vote failed. I think of numerous elected democratic senators and congressmen in D.C. telling the public how the war was lost or at our soldiers were torturing and killing innocent civilians, etc.
    I think back of hearing on a weekly basis from the dems and the main stream media telling the public how bad the economy was, even though there had been approx. 5.5 years of steady employment and GDP growth. Does that sound like maybe they were trying to 'create alarm'? During this time McCain, Dole and Sununu co-sponsored a bill saying that the 'housing and mortgage' sub-prime lending (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac) along with banking needed to be looked at and regulated. (Community Re-investment Act ring a bell?) They warned that a crisis may be looming if not checked. But Frank, Dodd, and Maxine Waters scoffed at them, said there were no problems at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and praised Frank Raines and James Johnson. You don't believe me?
    Here, please take the time and look at one or both of these: YouTube - House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshell or this YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis .
    Did you notice how the whole banking industry started going down right after Chucky Schumer started that run on the bank in Kalifornia last summer?
    You want to talk about classical 'fear mongering. How about H.C.H.H. Obama speaking down the economy every other sentence for the last 5 months? Now he's saying that things will be catastophic if the bill is not passed immediatly and that we may never be able to recover if it's not passed by president's day. Why the urgency? Maybe it's because he sees that every couple days the peoples approval of the bill drops about 5% as more and more people realize the waste and crap that is contained in it.
    Remember when the first stimulus bill went to congress from the white house? It was 3 pages long. Within a 2 or 3 weeks, Pelosi had it up to 450+ pages. With 450 pages of legislation, they couldn't include any control, tracking or oversight of the money. Just this week they've found out the feds paid about $1.00 for every $0.75 worth of bad mortgage loans. That's 75 Billion dollars down the drain. Not to worry though, because they're dealing with trillions of our dollars now, with no regard to waste.
    The article said, "Republican lawmakers are raising concerns that ACORN, the low-income advocacy group under investigation for voter registration fraud, could be eligible...."
    At least someone is raising concerns. But it's about a lot more than just money going to ACORN.
    I've heard no real concern voiced about the money that is to go to tax cuts or to inrastructure. It's the 100's of Billions of dollars that is going to causes that have absolutly nothing to do with stimulating the economy. Hundreds of Billions of dollars going to liberal organizations, causes and as political paybacks. What I see is that most of this 'stimulus bill' is money going to causes that could never be passed on their own merit but rather have to be concealed within an 'urgent' stimulus bill. I could name probably any organization and be right about it because 500 billion dollars goes a long way. Boy and girls culubs might be included as you say but I'd bet 2 to 1 it's not the Girl Scouts or the Boy Scouts.
    In all seriousness, if the writers and the supporters of this bill had the economy and the good of America at the forefront, why would they not build up a bill with what would truly have the affect of stimulating the economy rather than just spending tons of money we don't have on causes that suppor their agenda?
    Even the bi-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) says that the bill is BAD. That it will have more of a negative affect on the economy than a positive one.
    And now I've one last question. Do you think that even one person that is voting for this stimulus bill has even bothered to read the bill?
    I could go on and on but......
    I'm growing tired, so I'll end it now with a quote that I think probably explains this whole chirade the best.
    As Rahm Emmanual (H.C.H.H. Obamas' new chief-of-staff) put it, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste".



    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

    GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array Sheldon J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    For "them." Read the bill's text and them tell me for whom.

    Everyone is getting bent about a fear that money will go to Acorn or Move On, though the clear language of the bill does not make that either true or possible.
    Not according to the RNC and Newsmax, the posted that particular section in the bill and it was very specific ACORN was to get 5.6 Billion.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    You want critical thinking? OK.
    I'll start by not blindly believing everything the 'main stream slobbering media' tells me. I'll listen to their adoration and the 'feeling going up their legs', but I'll listen to other points of view and research when need be.

    You speak of 'obstructionists and fear mongers'.
    Right off I think of Pelosi and the congressess 47+ votes to either withdraw from Iraq or to stop funding the war in Iraq. Every vote failed. I think of numerous elected democratic senators and congressmen in D.C. telling the public how the war was lost or at our soldiers were torturing and killing innocent civilians, etc.
    I think back of hearing on a weekly basis from the dems and the main stream media telling the public how bad the economy was, even though there had been approx. 5.5 years of steady employment and GDP growth. Does that sound like maybe they were trying to 'create alarm'? During this time McCain, Dole and Sununu co-sponsored a bill saying that the 'housing and mortgage' sub-prime lending (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac) along with banking needed to be looked at and regulated. (Community Re-investment Act ring a bell?) They warned that a crisis may be looming if not checked. But Frank, Dodd, and Maxine Waters scoffed at them, said there were no problems at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and praised Frank Raines and James Johnson. You don't believe me?
    Here, please take the time and look at one or both of these: YouTube - House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshell or this YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis .
    Did you notice how the whole banking industry started going down right after Chucky Schumer started that run on the bank in Kalifornia last summer?
    You want to talk about classical 'fear mongering. How about H.C.H.H. Obama speaking down the economy every other sentence for the last 5 months? Now he's saying that things will be catastophic if the bill is not passed immediatly and that we may never be able to recover if it's not passed by president's day. Why the urgency? Maybe it's because he sees that every couple days the peoples approval of the bill drops about 5% as more and more people realize the waste and crap that is contained in it.
    Remember when the first stimulus bill went to congress from the white house? It was 3 pages long. Within a 2 or 3 weeks, Pelosi had it up to 450+ pages. With 450 pages of legislation, they couldn't include any control, tracking or oversight of the money. Just this week they've found out the feds paid about $1.00 for every $0.75 worth of bad mortgage loans. That's 75 Billion dollars down the drain. Not to worry though, because they're dealing with trillions of our dollars now, with no regard to waste.
    The article said, "Republican lawmakers are raising concerns that ACORN, the low-income advocacy group under investigation for voter registration fraud, could be eligible...."
    At least someone is raising concerns. But it's about a lot more than just money going to ACORN.
    I've heard no real concern voiced about the money that is to go to tax cuts or to inrastructure. It's the 100's of Billions of dollars that is going to causes that have absolutly nothing to do with stimulating the economy. Hundreds of Billions of dollars going to liberal organizations, causes and as political paybacks. What I see is that most of this 'stimulus bill' is money going to causes that could never be passed on their own merit but rather have to be concealed within an 'urgent' stimulus bill. I could name probably any organization and be right about it because 500 billion dollars goes a long way. Boy and girls culubs might be included as you say but I'd bet 2 to 1 it's not the Girl Scouts or the Boy Scouts.
    In all seriousness, if the writers and the supporters of this bill had the economy and the good of America at the forefront, why would they not build up a bill with what would truly have the affect of stimulating the economy rather than just spending tons of money we don't have on causes that suppor their agenda?
    Even the bi-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) says that the bill is BAD. That it will have more of a negative affect on the economy than a positive one.
    And now I've one last question. Do you think that even one person that is voting for this stimulus bill has even bothered to read the bill?
    I could go on and on but......
    I'm growing tired, so I'll end it now with a quote that I think probably explains this whole chirade the best.
    As Rahm Emmanual (H.C.H.H. Obamas' new chief-of-staff) put it, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste".



    Very well said. And I concur.

    This bill is loaded with goodies for people who don't work. What gripes me is the fact that there are already safety nets in place. But our country has gotten way out of whack.

    We need to clean house and eliminate any and all fraud. Welfare is RAMPANT with fraud.

    FEMA is rampant with fraud.

    Social Security Disability is rampant with fraud.

    We need to have more oversight so the people who really deserve help will receive it.

    The loafers need to get a job.

    Here's the problem: The people who won't or can't work are outnumbering the people who do work.

    The proverbial straw has broke the camel's back.

    I also believe we should stop giving aid to foreign countries. However, obama has promised to end poverty in Africa. We're heading for a trainwreck. Obama has also promised to fund abortions globally. This insanity has got to stop.

    We should give tax breaks to companies that create more jobs.

    We should cut out all pork spending by our illustrious leaders.

    Our politicians have created this mess with their tax and spend policies. They know that in order to get re-elected term after term, they have to keep handing out more entitlements.

    No where in our constitution does it say that people have the right to free housing, free health care, free food, or free babysitting.

    Our country didn't even have health insurance for the first 150 years. What did those people do? How did they survive?

    They did it by working. Families took care of their own family members.

    People today believe that the government owes them.

    When the government meets all your needs from cradle to grave, you are no longer a free people.

    The tide has now turned in our country. You are punished if you succeed and you are rewarded if you fail.

    That goes against my grain as a Christian and as a patriotic American.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  12. #27
    Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Texan in NWFlorida
    Posts
    1,588

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    People today believe that the government owes them.

    When the government meets all your needs from cradle to grave, you are no longer a free people.

    The tide has now turned in our country. You are punished if you succeed and you are rewarded if you fail.

    That goes against my grain as a Christian and as a patriotic American.
    Let me please add my point of view to that.

    Some people believe that the government owes them.
    Some people would rather support themselves and have government leave them alone.
    What I see is that most of those people that believe the government owes them and wants the government to take care of them vote democrat. That's understandable because the democrat party is the party of entitlements. Thats how they get their votes.
    I believe though, that is part of what is destroying our country. As Patti alluded to, for 150 years the people of this country didn't rely on nor expect free housing, free health care, free food, or free babysitting, etc. Those that rely on these neither do themselves nor our country any good. They are a drain on society and contribute to our decay while those that are self sufficient, as it has been for these 200+ years, are what has made this country the great country that it is, the envy of the world.
    Hopefully we can avert this downward spiral of dependence on government and get back to the values that made this country what it is before it's too late.



    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

    "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

    GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

  13. #28
    VIP Member
    Array Miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami-Dade, FL
    Posts
    6,258
    This thread has become political in nature and non-related to 2nd amendment issues.
    Sorry
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

    Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Governors Receive Letter From Fringe Group
    By DaveH in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
  2. Giving without reward: Universities receive millions in anonymous donation
    By matiki in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
  3. I agree with this anti-gun group
    By paramedic70002 in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: April 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
  4. Founder of Anti-Gun Group Pleads No Contest to Weapons Charges
    By sniper58 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: January 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
  5. Founder of anti-gang group arrested
    By Hoppmeister in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2007, 12:06 PM

Search tags for this page

anti gun group las vegas

,

anti-gun groups las vegas

,

far-left anti gun laws

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors