steppin up

This is a discussion on steppin up within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Nine A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles... ...That any Act ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steppin up

steppin up

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Nine

A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles...

...That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government...

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

2. Remove Ads

mkh
    Sounds great but what is it? Some resolution that NH has passed?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

This is for real

I assumed this was internet lore but did a search here is a link to the state.nh.us site what a brave little state; standing up for the rest of us.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

HCR 0006

This is the whole thing. Sounds like some in NH are not just going to bend over and take it. There talking about seccesion(spellcheck)

Yeah yeah...Looks great, sounds great, but like a chihuahua in a pitbull fight, it's got no teeth. And as proof...

It's own exhibits 2 and 3:
    II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.
    Both have already failed. Taxes, Social Security, Welfare, etc... ALL VIOLATE 2 and 3. So I ask, what has NH done about it? Oh right...nothing

It's all bluster with no backing.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

It is a brend new resolution

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post

Both have already failed. Taxes, Social Security, Welfare, etc... ALL VIOLATE 2 and 3. So I ask, what has NH done about it? Oh right...nothing

It's all bluster with no backing.
    It is new so we'll just have to keep an eye on it. I posted the link on DELOC.org if more states even made the threat it might wake up those in power in DC.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Got to love NH

---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> --->
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

1943 - 2009
    Don't hold your breath.

The same legislation was introduced in 2005 and 2007 & failed to pass.

The third time could be a charm, but...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Well, after reading the full bill...this one liner is going to screw them up...
    That the construction applied by the General Government (as is evidenced by sundry of their proceedings) to those parts of the Constitution of the United States which delegate to Congress a power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imports, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,”
    They've made an implication here by using the quotes that to provide for the common defense and general welfare is in the constitution. When in fact it is NOT.
    FROM THE CONSTITUTION:
    , provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare,
    There's a HUGE difference between promoting general welfare, and providing it. What they've done here is left themselves a "loophole" whether purposely or not.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    There's a HUGE difference between promoting general welfare, and providing it.
    And that statement alone is at the center of so many of the issues I have with how our Federal Government disperses our tax dollars.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    And that statement alone is at the center of so many of the issues I have with how our Federal Government disperses our tax dollars.

For everyone from crooked bankers & CEOs to you name it down the social status chain.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Link to MDShooters

According to this guys research there a seven states with similar resolutions Seven States listed

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool Legislators tell feds to back off !

New Hampshire Legislators tell feds to back off
    New speech, press, gun or ammunition limits 'altogether void'

Lawmakers in New Hampshire are telling the federal government to back off because plans for a federal handgun license, "hate crimes" laws to regulate Christians' speech about their own religious beliefs on homosexuality, President Obama's youth corps for mandatory public service and the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" to "balance" talk radio are none of them constitutional.
    Such plans by the bureaucrats and administrators in Washington, D.C., are "altogether void" and if mandated, "shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States," the lawmakers are warning.

The terse alarm is contained in House Concurrent Resolution 6, which has been introduced for debate. It affirms states' rights "based on Jeffersonian principles."

It's not the first such move in the United States. WND reported last year when state representatives in Oklahoma, steamed over a perceived increase in federal usurping of states' rights, approved Joint House Resolution 1089 on a 92-3 vote to reassert the state's sovereignty under the 10th Amendment and serve "notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates."

(Story continues below)
    Legislators tell feds to back off

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Yep

We have been discussing the subject here. I think the lesson is that the States are more responsive than the Feds and we need more States to jump on the issue.

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links