If you live in Arizona, This is good!!!

This is a discussion on If you live in Arizona, This is good!!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Format Document We the people still means something in Arizona....

Thread: If you live in Arizona, This is good!!!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

If you live in Arizona, This is good!!!

Format Document

We the people still means something in Arizona.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    You can watch the reading of this bill live on the 'net...

Committee Information

Click the little video camera down at the bottom next to HHR4

Is it time?

Is it time to take back our country?

Just let me know.

jfl
    Thanks for posting, please let us know the outcome ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Another State steps forward for State Rights !

I hear on the e-mail that Montana is getting ready to do this too ! Maybe Wyoming will follow suit, we in Wyoming hope so !

Format Document

State of Arizona

House of Representatives

Forty-ninth Legislature

First Regular Session

HCR 2024

Introduced by

Representatives Burges, Ash, Biggs, Boone, Gowan, Mason, Montenegro, Pancrazi, Seel, Williams: Barto, Campbell CL, Court, Crandall, Crump, Driggs, Fleming, Goodale, Hendrix, Kavanagh, Lesko, McComish, McGuire, Miranda B, Murphy, Nichols, Pratt, Quelland, Stevens, Tobin, Weiers JP, Senator Harper

A concurrent RESOLUTION

claiming sovereignty under the tenth amendment to the constitution of the united states over certain powers, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)

Whereas, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"; and

Whereas, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more; and

Whereas, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal government was created by the states specifically to be an agent of the states; and

Whereas, today, in 2009, the states are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal government; and

Whereas, many federal laws are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and

WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment assures that we, the people of the United States of America and each sovereign state in the Union of States, now have, and have always had, rights the federal government may not usurp; and

Whereas, Article IV, section 4, United States Constitution, says in part, "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government", and the Ninth Amendment states that "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people"; and

Whereas, the United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the states; and

Whereas, a number of proposals from previous administrations and some now pending from the present administration and from Congress may further violate the Constitution of the United States.

Therefore

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring, that:

1. That the State of Arizona hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.

2. That this Resolution serves as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.

3. That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed.

4. That the Secretary of State of the State of Arizona transmit copies of this resolution to the President of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate of each state's legislature and each Member of Congress from the State of Arizona.

sounds real good to me
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Interesting. I wonder what this will actually do though....but it is refreshing to see our elected representatives actually looking out for us and following the Constitution.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I have e-mailed my State Representative and State Senator as follows:

Dear Representative/Senator ______;

"During the many years I have resided in New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada, I have been very interested in the politics, philosophies and policies of the southwestern States. Now a 5-year retired resident of San Miguel County, New Mexico, and highly concerned with the direction in which many of the philosophies and policies of the nation are moving in these trying economic times, I am again keeping an ear to the ground in hopes of hearing some indication of sane, sage thought and wisdom. Alas, such indications are few and far between.

In the past few days, however, I have heard of State resolutions from which there seems to be a glimmer of hope. I understand that New Hampshire's House of Representatives has introduced a strongly worded resolution (NH HCR 6[link]) to re-invoke state's rights as enumerated in Thomas Jefferson and James Madison’s Kentucky Resolution of 1798. Within a few days of New Hampshire's resolution being introduced, 30 of Arizona's State Representatives introduced AZ HCR 2024[link], serving notice on the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

If you have not yet read these resolutions, I do hope you will consider doing so. I (and many of my neighbors and friends) feel strongly about the people returning the State's rights to the States, returning the federal government to the roll of agents for the States instead of the States being agents of the federal government and returning this country to the original spirit of the constitution.

Sincerely,

---"

Links