Jay Leno Show

This is a discussion on Jay Leno Show within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On Friday night 2-13-09 Jay Leno remarked and joked why would anyone need a gun in church. He was referring to the state of Alabama ...

Thread: Jay Leno Show

Jay Leno Show

On Friday night 2-13-09 Jay Leno remarked and joked why would anyone need a gun in church. He was referring to the state of Alabama passing a new law allowing concealed carry in churches. The audience thought that was very funny. The next of kin for all the people who have died in church massacres lately would not think so. 1.5 to 2.5 million law abiding citizens every year save there self or loved ones from great bodily harm with the use of a firearm. Jay that was a very sick joke and you owe many an apology.

The above paragraph was sent to Jay Leno. I will post an answer if I get one.

2. Remove Ads

Of course the audience thought it was funny. Look where they are!
    If they have another earthquake they'll probably blame "Bush" for that also.
    I like Leno but I feel him and his writers obviously are not aware of some of the tragedies that have happened in churches.
    I am looking forward to any reply you get.

Apparently he has a short memory since that CO church shooting that was cut short by a permit holder occured just over a year ago.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A church, school, hospital or even a shopping mall can quickly become the target of an armed psychopath. These locations are the ones chosen because firearms are not allowed on the premises and the nut jobs out there know this for a fact. One would think that after all of those tragedies that have happened at these places, the bans would be lifted. Instead, the notion of carrying a gun in church becomes fodder for late night comedians. I just don't get the convoluted logic of people these days.
    God bless our troops!

In addition to that letter to Mr. Leno, I would have included a copy of the CO shooting(s) to "Refresh" his memory.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    He's suppose to make fun of things. That's what he's paid to do.

Just because we don't like what he says, he's still paid to make jokes no matter how distasteful some of us find them.

I imagine his bodyguard if he has one carries for sure. Another Rosie O'Donnell type of thing, I hate guns, but it's ok for my bodyguard to have one, their protecting me and mine.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links