SC joins the ranks...

This is a discussion on SC joins the ranks... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by taseal you pay federal taxes right? well all that 'federal' tax would now go to the state. Reeeealllly... My STATE income tax ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SC joins the ranks...

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    you pay federal taxes right?

well all that 'federal' tax would now go to the state.

Reeeealllly...

My STATE income tax won't cover it. Damned if my chunk of Fed tax and SSI (another matter not brought up) is all going to the state.

The whole "Tax" thing will get ugly real quick. IIRC that is what brought everything to a head a couple hundred plus years ago.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

As far as Texas goes, I don't think we would miss the feds. Texas contributes more to the federal budget than it gets back in benefits. Governor Perry was talking about not accepting the bail out money because too many strings are attached, but I understand he decided that the projects that would require further state funding down the road was stuff we wanted to do anyway so we will take the money.

And Sticks I think what Taseal meant was that instead of your federal tax dollars being taken by the feds they would just be collected and administered by the states. Same money coming out of your check, just all of it being administered locally.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

On my way to town today I was listening to the American Left radio station on XM. The hosts take on this was that it was started by republican governors because they don't like programs that help the poor. They also want to shut down schools. The host never once mentioned the constitution.

Michael

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    On my way to town today I was listening to the American Left radio station on XM. The hosts take on this was that it was started by republican governors because they don't like programs that help the poor. They also want to shut down schools. The host never once mentioned the constitution.

Michael
    I am not exactly sure what your take is on the resolutions but again as I already commented:

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Don't hijack this and turn it into a party contest. The fact is we have problems and some states are trying to address these issues with the Federal Government. These issues date back decades ...
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links