SC joins the ranks...

This is a discussion on SC joins the ranks... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bill Information - South Carolina Legislature Online Excellent! Even if these things turn out to be symbolic. Its just good stuff. ::: Be it further ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC joins the ranks...

SC joins the ranks...

Bill Information - South Carolina Legislature Online

Excellent! Even if these things turn out to be symbolic. Its just good stuff.

:::
    Be it further resolved that this resolution serves as notice and demand to the federal government, as South Carolina's agent, to cease and desist immediately all mandates that are beyond the scope of the federal government's constitutionally delegated powers.

Be it further resolved that copies of this resolution be forwarded to the President of the United States, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the President of the United States Senate, and each member of South Carolina's Congressional Delegation, all at Washington, D.C., and to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate of the legislatures of the other forty-nine states.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Very nice I think that gets us up to 8 States taking shots at the Feds. It is only words but, it is good to see some States recognizing that we are a Republic and reminding the Federal government of that fact.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

The President did not win SC. This is a reminder.

VIP Member
    Always nice to see stuff like this, WAY TO GO S.C.!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Well I'll Be emailing my senator, But my money says he'll be voting nay if if ever makes it to the floor.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Awesome! I am looking forward to seeing how this ends...
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Very nice I think that gets us up to 8 States taking shots at the Feds. It is only words but, it is good to see some States recognizing that we are a Republic and reminding the Federal government of that fact.
    Who are the other states? I knew about the bill in NH. I'm a little out of the loop on this one but I hope it spreads far and wide.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Here are links to the resolutions being considered by seven other States:

Arizona

Michigan

Missouri, not the State's site but does have the text.

Montana

New Hampshire

Oklahoma

Washington, not the State's site but does have the text.

I think the most noteworthy point is the diversity of the States involved.

Regards

Last edited by bbqgrill; February 16th, 2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: punctuation
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I think there are 21 states now. Not sure which but I caught someone on GRGR saying it was 21 now.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    The President did not win SC. This is a reminder.
    No he did not! This is a wake up call.
    Last edited by AllAmerican; February 16th, 2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Im in agreement, not arguing... Just want to be clear
    New tunes added.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I think there are 21 states now. Not sure which but I caught someone on GRGR saying it was 21 now.
    Huh, 21 that would really indicate that a lot of Voters are unhappy with the way the Federal govenment is treating the several States of the Republic; so what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    No he did not! This is a wake up call.
    I don't understand your comment. I said he did not win SC, which is true, and yes this is wake up call. I agree, however I just said a "reminder" but I think we agree but said it differently.
    We

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    I don't understand your comment. I said he did not win SC, which is true, and yes this is wake up call. I agree, however I just said a "reminder" but I think we agree but said it differently.
    We
    Look at my edit where it says reason for edit. I read what I wrote and then put that in there so you wouldnt be confused. Yes we are in agreement. LOL
    New tunes added.

If these bills start passing in the various states, it will be interesting to see the reaction from the Federal Government on it. For some reason I don't think they will take to kindly to bills like this. These bills appear to be a shot-across-the-bow of over zealous lawmakers and dictator types.
    If the 21 states number is right, it would appear that at least somewhere, one of these bills will at make it to the floor.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links