States we need to work on ..... Reciprocal ??

This is a discussion on States we need to work on ..... Reciprocal ?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From handgunlaws.com: The Leading State Laws Site on the Net it appears that these states believe it is OK for their citizens to exercise their ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: States we need to work on ..... Reciprocal ??

From handgunlaws.com: The Leading State Laws Site on the Net it appears that these states believe it is OK for their citizens to exercise their 2A rights, but none of the rest of us while we are there. Is this the States we need to work on ???
    (Pls correct any that are wrong).

California --- No other states honored
    Connecticut -- No other states honored
    Dist. Of Columbia -- No other states honored
    Hawaii --- No other states honored
    Illinois --- No CCW
    Iowa -- No other states honored
    Maine -- No other states honored
    Maryland -- No other states honored
    Massachuetts -- No other states honored
    Nebraska --- No other states honored -
    New Jersey ---- No other states honored
    New York --- No other states honored
    Oregon ----- No other states honored
    Rhode Island --- No other states honored
    Wisconsin --- NO CCW

If you look at your list you'll see that most of these states severely limit CCW or even gun ownership amongst their own citizens. There is a lot to be done, but unfortunately, reciprocity isn't very high on that list.

P.S.- Isn't it handgunlaws.us?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

1943 - 2009
    most of these states severely limit CCW or even gun ownership amongst their own citizens.
    Not quite correct.

Oregon is a "shall issue" state and their gun laws are pretty non-restrictive.

Oregon Sheriffs may issue a non-resident concealed weapons permit to a resident of an adjoining state (WA, ID, CA, & NV.)

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Especially Nebraska, which is, as far as I know a pretty conservative, reasonably right leaning state. What's up w/Nebraska? I've always wondered.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Maine, and Oregon surprise me. Are you sure? That's not cool.

correct is.... Handgunlaw.us

Sorry for that one.

Maine

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Maine, and Oregon surprise me. Are you sure? That's not cool.
    Maine recognises MN. I think lefties in the southern part of the state are the problem. The USA should keep Aroostook and Penobscot counties. Give the rest to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Especially Nebraska, which is, as far as I know a pretty conservative, reasonably right leaning state. What's up w/Nebraska? I've always wondered.

I'm from there and you just have some totally ignorant politcians there! The stupid thing is I have a Texas CHL, I can legally carry in OK and KS on my way home, but when I reach the NE state line, to legally carry it, I have to open carry it in my vehicle. They also have a stupid law there that says a business can put any "no guns" signs up and you cannot go into that place armed. I like how here in TX if a business wants to opt out of concealed carry, they have to get the official "30'06" sign from the state to officially ban CHL holders. Then again I don't like them places and choose not to do business with them. But back to the origional question, the politicians need to get more educated, most people support conceal carry.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TX Husker Fan View Post
    I'm from there and you just have some totally ignorant politcians there! The stupid thing is I have a Texas CHL, I can legally carry in OK and KS on my way home, but when I reach the NE state line, to legally carry it, I have to open carry it in my vehicle. They also have a stupid law there that says a business can put any "no guns" signs up and you cannot go into that place armed. I like how here in TX if a business wants to opt out of concealed carry, they have to get the official "30'06" sign from the state to officially ban CHL holders. Then again I don't like them places and choose not to do business with them. But back to the origional question, the politicians need to get more educated, most people support conceal carry.
    What is wrong with a business owner being able to determine what they want on their property? What if the government said you had to buy a specific sign with specific language in order to keep solicitors off of your property?

Connecticut will issue a non-resident a CCW permit with a copy of a valid CCW permit from your home state. It's valid for 5 years and costs $35.00.

I may be applying for CT's permit sometime later this year. I have family that live not far from New Haven. I'm having my sister go to her local police station and mail me a CCW application. I plan on visit to CT later this year.

Connecticut does not honor any other states CCW permits. I wasn't planning on getting CT's permit either. I also have to find a way to carry in Maine as well. I have family that live there as well. Why can't they live in CCW friendly states? lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by TX Husker Fan View Post
    They also have a stupid law there that says a business can put any "no guns" signs up and you cannot go into that place armed. I like how here in TX if a business wants to opt out of concealed carry, they have to get the official "30'06" sign from the state to officially ban CHL holders.
    One of the things I like about Fla, 'No gun' signs mean nothing. If they find out you are carrying they can ask you to leave and you have to but if it's concealed they won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Connecticut will issue a non-resident a CCW permit with a copy of a valid CCW permit from your home state. It's valid for 5 years and costs $35.00.

I may be applying for CT's permit sometime later this year. I have family that live not far from New Haven. I'm having my sister go to her local police station and mail me a CCW application. I plan on visit to CT later this year.

Connecticut does not honor any other states CCW permits. I wasn't planning on getting CT's permit either. I also have to find a way to carry in Maine as well. I have family that live there as well. Why can't they live in CCW friendly states? lol
    You can also get a Maine permit by mail(just like CT) with proof of training and a permit from another state. May take awhile, it was almost 3 months wait, so I'd plan ahead. CT took about 1 month, they are pretty fast.
    As far as the OP goes, reciprocity takes a back seat when certain states don't or rarely issue permits to residents. CA and NY also won't issue to non-residents by statute.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Good luck getting a permit in Maryland.
    Maryland's nickname is The Free State....
    Just another reason I left.
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

We shouldn't have to go around to all of these States, getting a permit.... off of the training, checks, etc. we've already done. It's a means for them to just get money out of us. They should recognize our CCL , as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    What is wrong with a business owner being able to determine what they want on their property? What if the government said you had to buy a specific sign with specific language in order to keep solicitors off of your property?
    Fine if they want to do that, thats their right, they can expect me not to spend a dime in their place though in return!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links