NYS Pistol License Suspension

This is a discussion on NYS Pistol License Suspension within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Did you contact the NYS rifle and pistol association? They are the legislative right arm of the NRA in NY or something like that, give ...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NYS Pistol License Suspension

Did you contact the NYS rifle and pistol association? They are the legislative right arm of the NRA in NY or something like that, give them a try.
    New York State Rifle & Pistol Association

How about we start a little donation drive for 2edge. Some members can donate a couple of bucks if possible and maybe that can help. If anyone is interested we can set up a paypal account for him and get him some help.
    One more step and it's on!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    How about we start a little donation drive for 2edge. Some members can donate a couple of bucks if possible and maybe that can help. If anyone is interested we can set up a paypal account for him and get him some help.

May be one heck of a good idea.. Show the PRNY that there are other sheepdogs out there that look after our own.. :D
    "Deeds Not Words" - Motto of the USS Gettysburg
    NRA Life Member
    http://www.alioofficium.com/ (Personal Responsibility)

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Did you contact the NYS rifle and pistol association? They are the legislative right arm of the NRA in NY or something like that, give them a try.
    New York State Rifle & Pistol Association

dripster

I did send an e-mail to Mr. King at NYSRPA but never received a reply. My guess is that like the NRA and GOA they would go as far as recommending an attorney in my area.

And while I really appreciate the sentiment (members donate a couple of bucks) the bigger issue and where the money would be better utilized would be in supporting national organizations that can push for federal legislation that would nullify the draconian practices being exercised in NYS, more specifically NYC, Suffolk and Nassau Counties.

The Heller decision needs to be incorporated so that no State can trample on the 2nd amendment rights of citizens regardless of where they live. My guess is NYS and the powers that be will have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to where it's no longer the PRNY but part of the United States of America.
    Last edited by 2edgesword; March 16th, 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: To change "didn't send" to "did send"

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    dripster

I didn't send an e-mail to Mr. King at NYSRPA but never received a reply. My guess is that like the NRA and GOA they would go as far as recommending an attorney in my area.
    I'm assuming you mean you did send an email. With that, I'll say the following: FORGET EMAIL! Call them. I think your case is one of the cases that needs to get publicity to show people how unreasonable the laws are. If you can have an organization do it for you, that'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    I'm assuming you mean you did send an email. With that, I'll say the following: FORGET EMAIL! Call them. I think your case is one of the cases that needs to get publicity to show people how unreasonable the laws are. If you can have an organization do it for you, that'd be great!
    Couldn't agree more, even if you don't believe they will give you the time of day I would be calling every news station I could. CBS news is always asking for people to notify them if they think they are not showing what we want to see or if they are not reporting both sides of a story. It is worth a try, if you are willing I will support you in contacting CBS and maybe others New Yorkers on this forum will too. PM me if you are interested in a joint effort.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Couldn't agree more, even if you don't believe they will give you the time of day I would be calling every news station I could. CBS news is always asking for people to notify them if they think they are not showing what we want to see or if they are not reporting both sides of a story. It is worth a try, if you are willing I will support you in contacting CBS and maybe others New Yorkers on this forum will too. PM me if you are interested in a joint effort.
    Not to mention the story would not just be about me (my wife and grandson) the words that would get the most attention in a story like this wouldn't be "constitution rights", "2nd amendment" or "due process". The words that would get the most attention would be "GANG AFFILIATION". Knowing a little about how the media operates my sixteen year old grandson would instantly become a dangerous, high level member of the Crips, Bloods or some other gang with a presence in the New York area.

VIP Member
    Any update on Your permit ?.

That is the law in WA state as well. If anyone living in your household is convicted of felony or a degree 4 assault, the CPL is automatically denied.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

VIP Member
    wolfshead.
    That is the law in WA state as well. If anyone living in your household is convicted of felony or a degree 4 assault, the CPL is automatically denied.
    Do You also have to turn in Your Firearms like in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Any update on Your permit ?.
    ccman

Thanks for asking.

My license is still suspended. The suspension will be lifted if my daughter and grandson relocated or my grandson demonstrates over some period of time that that he is walking the straight and narrow.

Right now he is enrolled in a residential educational program to help him complete the requirements for getting his high school diploma. In additon he is receiving vocational training. I have to keep Pistol Licensing informed of his progress and at some point (at the sole discretion of the PO handling the suspension) and depending on his progress the suspension can be lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    ccman

Thanks for asking.

My license is still suspended. The suspension will be lifted if my daughter and grandson relocated or my grandson demonstrates over some period of time that that he is walking the straight and narrow.

Right now he is enrolled in a residential educational program to help him complete the requirements for getting his high school diploma. In additon he is receiving vocational training. I have to keep Pistol Licensing informed of his progress and at some point (at the sole discretion of the PO handling the suspension) and depending on his progress the suspension can be lifted.
    Many thanks for the update. Do keep us posted.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

As NY LEO, Officers cannot be affiliated with know criminals, felons or parolees (ex or current). If one of our immediate family members(living with) gets arrested or is sentenced to prison we must let our agency immediately to get permission to be in same dwelling. But our firearms would not have to be surrenderd/confiscated unless some misconduct or misuse with said firearm(s) occured.
    Freeze Dirtbag!!!!!

VIP Member
    Dang, apparently living in New York has it's perks! I suspect you guys are really going to let your son know what a pain in the rear this is.

Short of relocating away from a police state, I wonder if its possible they would wavier the statute, if your son were to live elsewhere with an extended family member.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    After reading all this, I'm soooooooooooo glad that I live in New Mexico where I don't need a permit to possess/carry anything!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    2edgesword.

Well it's looking a little better. The Kid is getting it together and hopefully all will be back to normal.

Keep up posted. CCMAN Thanks.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Links