It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

This is a discussion on It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an article on it from abcnews.. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=1 "it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

Here is an article on it from abcnews..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=1

"it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border. "

Why don't they just make drug cartels illegal?

oh wait.. they are.
    Last edited by pepsico; February 25th, 2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: link

2. Remove Ads

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! Oh wait. Yes I can. The good news (if there is any) is that when the current regime manages to destroy the entire economy, no one will care what they say about guns.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    It's starting already, even though he and his peeps have more important things to worry about. Anybody but me worried?
    It's starting... Be afraid. Be very afraid...They're hereeeeeee.

EW3
    What's a "cop killer" bullet???

Are they going to ban all hollow points?

Keep it up Obama, and you'll hand the Congress right back to the GOP in '10 and the White House to Jindal or Palin in '12.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Preface:
    Irrefutable evidence for those who still are unbelievers...

---
    As reported by ABC News:

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
    Attorney General Says White House Also Looking at Ban on 'Cop-Killer' Bullets

By JASON RYAN
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 25, 2009

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Mexican government officials have complained that the availability of sophisticated guns from the United States have emboldened drug traffickers to fight over access routes into the U.S.

A State Department travel warning issued Feb. 20, 2009, reflected government concerns about the violence.

"Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the warning said. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez."

At the news conference today, Holder described his discussions with his Mexican counterpart about the recent spike in violence.

"I met yesterday with Attorney General Medina Mora of Mexico, and we discussed the unprecedented levels of violence his country is facing because of their enforcement efforts," he said.

Holder declined to offer any time frame for the reimplementation of the assault weapons ban, however.

"It's something, as I said, that the president talked about during the campaign," he said. "There are obviously a number of things that are -- that have been taking up a substantial amount of his time, and so, I'm not sure exactly what the sequencing will be."

In a brief interview with ABC News, Wayne LaPierre, president of the National Rifle Association, said, "I think there are a lot of Democrats on Capitol Hill cringing at Eric Holder's comments right now."

During his confirmation hearing, Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee about other gun control measures the Obama administration may consider.

"I think closing the gun show loophole, the banning of cop-killer bullets and I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller," Holder said, referring to the Supreme Court ruling in Washington, D.C. v. Heller, which asserted the Second Amendment as an individual's right to own a weapon.

The Assault Weapons Ban signed into law by President Clinton in 1994 banned 19 types of semi-automatic military-style guns and ammunition clips with more than 10 rounds.

"A semi-automatic is a quintessential self-defense firearm owned by American citizens in this country," LaPierre said. "I think it is clearly covered under Heller and it's clearly, I think, protected by the Constitution."

The story can be found at; http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

- Janq

P.S. - Anyone who did not see this coming, is blind.
    Those who refused to listen or 'believe', they were and are fools.

"The British are coming. The British are coming..." - Paul Revere
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Obama to seek new assault weapons ban...ABC News

Distinguished Member
    Must be a misprint, cause I heard he was too busying screwing oops I mean fixing the economy.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I already emailed all my congress critters tonight!
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Hmm... me thinks rifle prices are about to go through the roof again...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Well that didn't take long did it?

Buy'em while you still got a chance.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    How is the "cop killer" bullet defined? Kennedy once proposed any "armor piercing" ammo should be outlawed. He defined AP as anything than can penetrate a SODA CAN. Blithering idiots! If this gets out of committee, I believe the fecal particulate might start it's launch sequence.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    If I understand the article correctly. It seems that we must be controlled and give up our rights because Mexico can't handle their own affairs. Does that about sum it up?

Also. It is slightly possible that if this were sucessfully spun to be an international issue congress wouldn't need to get involved. Long shot, but still possible I believe.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Administrator
    I just puked a little in my mouth. These pinko commies need hanged.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    So if the drug cartels are deploying full autos and grenades could someone explain just what the hell that has to do with the millions of legally owned semi-autos in this country?

Nope, didn't think so.

As far as I am concerned, our southern border should be a DMZ with about 250 million landmines stretching from Texas to the Pacific. That would cut down a bunch of problems like..........drug/weapon smuggling, illegal immigration, potential Islamic-Fascist terrorists insertions, etc.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    So if the drug cartels are deploying full autos and grenades could someone explain just what the hell that has to do with the millions of legally owned semi-autos in this country?

Nope, didn't think so.

Distraction (economy) + Agenda (gun confiscation) + Excuse (Mexico) = Opportunity

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links