It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

This is a discussion on It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody have a letter that they could post. I am behind the curve on the various gun laws, and findings by the FBI (?) after ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

Anybody have a letter that they could post. I am behind the curve on the various gun laws, and findings by the FBI (?) after the sunset that the AWB made little to no impact on violent crime. I am also not real good at writing letters without inflicting papercuts. Colorado C & R are both Dems.

Anybody else of the opinion that we should be contacting ALL the congress-persons and representatives regardless if they are from our home state or not?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Holder needs to be tried on perjury charges for lying to the Senate during his confirmation hearing. He was directly asked about gun legislation and he said it was not on their agenda. That was what 20 days ago or so. What a bunch of corrupt lying SOB's.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Anybody get the feeling that this smoke and mirrors is a cant see the forest for the trees? Hold on to hats people. Its gonna be a LOOOOONNNGGG 4 years.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Can someone post that picture that has like...two guns (rifles) next to each other and it says something along the lines of "can you tell me the difference between these two guns?" And they are the same gun, one just looks "scarier."

Where are all those folks who posted here about how we gun freaks were three months ago acting like paranoid persons worried about nothing.
    Silence from them, now.

As well those who voted for Obama on the premise of 'He knows better than to mess with guns' and 'The Dems won't bother guns for fear of a 2010 Congressional backlash' or 'Obama will wait until his second term to attack guns' and 'Obama has too much other stuff as related to the economy and Iraq on his plate to be concerned with guns'...I wonder, what do you think of things on the whole, now?

The most damning and to me funny ha-ha item about this is that Holder is quoted as saying; "As President Obama indicated during the campaign...".

Yep, that is very true. The Obama website going as far back as when he was in a five person race for the crown has been clear...IF you actually read it with comprehension, and did not buy into his verbal rhetoric of ehh it's not as bad as it _reads_ when he'd visit a free state pandering for gun buyer votes, whilst affecting a turn it on for the occasion fake southern accent (!). Even after the official WhiteHouse.gov website went up his stance on this _as written_ was quite clear. Yet folks panned those who ran out to stock up on arms, magazines, ammunition (!), and firearms.
    So what do the naysayers have to say about things, now?!

<Insert crickets chirping and tumbleweeds video>

Further Obama and Holder use the excuse, or rather ploy, that because Mexico and it's FOREIGN GOVERNMENT cannot deal with it's own internal state corruption and crime that it is then by Obama's better _judgment_ appropriate, and best for Mexico!, to abridge the Constitutional rights of 100% our own United States of America citizens who largely commit no crimes and have zero interaction with Mexico or it's criminals (!) or for that matter any foreign state or foreign nationals! Even as Mexico has had nothing but a history of crime and corruption from the governments top all the way down to it's policia and to the street going back for decades including during the time when there was an AWB prior as well as prior to that too going backward for generations.
    This is nothing new at all, so would say Sam Houston. A notable man of American history who has got to be rolling in his grave today per this news, which very much ironically is to be affected by America's first Negro Attorney general at the command of America's first Negroid (he's not a Negro but a 50/50 mix of Negro and Caucasian) President.

Obama and Holder are betting that a majority of American's will roll right over on this and be completely okay with a _permanent_ limit on their own rights for the sake of a foreign government because that government is riddled with corruption unable to affect and enforce law toward it's own people. As based on how things are going right now I'd say it's a fair bet that Obama and Holder are right on the money and will take down the house.

The impossible is possible. The improbable is happening.
    And that which was once unimaginable is at the horizon.

- Janq thought more on this last night while asleep and woke up pissed!
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    Jang, You're a smart dude. If you thought all that up while you were sleeping, I'd hate to see what you come up with awake.

I'll admit I was one of those that thought nothing would come in the first four years. But looking back, that was my own rational mind thinking, not a demonrat set on destroying our country.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    .... But looking back, that was my own rational mind thinking, not a democrat set on destroying our country.(sp)
    If you use those words in the same sentence three times in a row a small black hole will form between your ears.

They're running the show. Pelosi has shown that bipartisanship is not in consideration. They will not be considering alternative view points, the stimulus bill is a perfect example.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Or our guns should keep the Mexicans out.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

Preach ON Brother!!!

Build the darn WAll allready!!!!

Bush had his chance to fund the wall that was authorized to be built.
    But he was too busy giving Vicente Fox a relaxing steamy massage with cocoa butter.

Bush really screwed us on this one while our border gaurds are busy being incarcerated for doing thier job.

I voted 2x for him and feel screwed.

Sixto,

I was so angry and upset this morning that after I showered the bathroom was full of steam and condensation on the walls, even as I'd used cold water.

I knew and predicted this day would come eventually.
    But now that it is here I am none the less spittin' mad as my farm raised mom used to say when I was a kid.

I'm going to have to take a break from the forums today as otherwise I will get no work done, for desire to verbalize the ache in my belly. :grr:

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Also need to remember Holder's statement saying that we needed to make sure to ban "cop-killer bullets."

I think closing the gun show loophole, the banning of cop-killer bullets and I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller.

Puke. I remember the last time the term "cop-killer bullets" was used...

They only need to fix one problem.

However, he also believes that the US must fulfill certain domestic obligations under the Merida Initiative, including an enhanced commitment to curb the illegal trafficking of firearms from the US into Mexico.

Build the wall, and give the Statue of Liberty back, and I need to find an AK. It may be to late but we need to lock down our open borders.
    Check this out.
    YouTube - Immigration Gumballs
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have always followed the very true statement "you know if a politician is lying... His lips are moving" I knew this was coming and everyone I know that voted for him is asking what happened. The funny thing is aren't the drug cartels coming in from Mexico to America not the other way around? My family lives in southern CA and they said crime is at an all time high and gangs are starting to take over everything since there is a big neon lit sign saying welcome all illegals to America we would love to support you here... I think carrying is going to be a non option for some people in business pretty soon as if you don't you will be dead, sad but true what this government has come to I think a revolution is something in our not to distant future and that scares me.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The pundits were all ablaze after his speech to Congress on how he was tackling all the issues at once, and how this steamroller approach might build a consensus that works together to get things accomplished. Kool Aid has been dumped into the water supply.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

As reported by The Hill.com:

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban
    By Mike Soraghan
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

The story can be found at; TheHill.com - Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

- Janq

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links