It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

This is a discussion on It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Timberline Distraction (economy) + Agenda (gun confiscation) + Excuse (Mexico) = Opportunity Shouldn't that be reordered or something? DEA=O's thugs?...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
    Distraction (economy) + Agenda (gun confiscation) + Excuse (Mexico) = Opportunity
    Shouldn't that be reordered or something?
    DEA=O's thugs?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

"Kool Aid has been dumped into the water supply."

Kool Aid or cyanide...
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The pundits were all ablaze after his speech to Congress on how he was tackling all the issues at once, and how this steamroller approach might build a consensus that works together to get things accomplished. Kool Aid has been dumped into the water supply.
    Too bad it wasn't antifreeze
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Update:

It was pointed out to me by someone at another forum that the folks at Democratic Underground are not exactly enthusiastic about this news item.

The following are links to specific threads running now:

Goodbye Camelot, I never got to see you...

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Eric Holder wants to ban this

All of the above can be found at Democratic Underground Home Discuss Topic Forums Guns

Now of course this is just a smattering of folks thoughts to that end but still it's some what encouraging to read some of those posts with IMHO an honorable mention being deserved toward member 'f the letter' over there.

BTW I know it's generally poor practice to link to other forum threads but I figured specific to this item this might be an allowable exception to the general rule.
    Mods if you disagree though I will completely understand.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I want to invest in a company that makes the white chalk that the police use to draw the outlines around the bodies. If the current administration has their way, it will be needed for all the innocent people who won't be able to defend themselves. Besides, based on the average response time of the police, they will save a lot of money if they quit carrying bullets and just carry the white chalk.

Then again, maybe somewhere in the Stimulus package there was a provision for increasing the white chalk output of the US. Who knows???

IF Holder was just floating the idea to see if anyone was paying attention or to see what public reaction would be we need to give them a reaction. I have emailed the White House, Department of Justice, and my Representative.

I haven't been able to email my senator yet since the Senate website is down. Hopefully from all of the traffic from ticked off people, more likely it just works as hard as the senators do.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

So they want to ban the evil assualt semi-autos yet go on to say that the cartels are using automatics, which I interperet to mean full-autos.

WHAT!?? Bait and switch anyone?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs View Post
    So they want to ban the evil assualt semi-autos yet go on to say that the cartels are using automatics, which I interperet to mean full-autos.

WHAT!?? Bait and switch anyone?
    Just stupidity on the part of reporters. Anytime an "assault weapon" is used in the derogatory, they like to throw in, machine gun, or automatic style weapon, etc. to stir things up.

The majority of the weapons in Mexico used by drug criminals really are from here in the U.S., and mostly of the semi-auto variety. That said, it's because Mexico isn't doing anything to keep them out, as bad as our border protection is, theirs is far worse. If we decide that it really is our problem, the solution starts with enforcing our own export laws.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

New AWB - That didn't take long did it?

Well, here is the not so long awaited AWB:

ABC News: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

A new excuse they're using is it helps Mexico. Give me a break. Let's see if I get this straight: We give up our 2A rights because (corrupt) Mexico, which already has a bunch of gun bans (which obviously don't work either) because Mexico has a problem.

Oh well, the will feel safe once again.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

emphasis on the word FEEL safe....I am sure we all remember how much safer the last AWB ban made us....I'm gunna be sick.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Sadly, this is no suprise.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Aside from the fact that we all know Obama and Biden lied about plans for any type of gun control measures during the campaign, it really frosts me that during one of the debates Obama was specifically asked about his intentions regarding such. His reply was that he had "absolutely no intentions regarding additional gun control because even if he wanted to--he just didn't have the support in Congress."
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't find the link, but apparently Pelosi shot this down and stated that Eric Holder didn't discuss the ban with her first. I'll try to find the link.

remeber his lips were moving during those debates....

VIP Member

Links