It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

This is a discussion on It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got flamed pretty hard in another thread (I noticed they are not here yet) for being a paranoid and borderline irresponsible gun owner because ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

I got flamed pretty hard in another thread (I noticed they are not here yet) for being a paranoid and borderline irresponsible gun owner because of my concerns on this issue, and got myself a tin foil hat just in case.

Does this mean I can take it off now?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

You know, now I actually don't feel so bad that I'm almost broke due to recent purchases. I bought an AK-47, 380 rounds, and an extra Bulgarian mag. May not sound like a big deal but I am a college student. Looks like that purchase may be pretty well justified soon.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Drew M View Post
    You'd better pick up an upper and some 30rd mags while you are at it. They are looking at Kalifornia's glorious and effective assault weapon/magazine laws as the model for The Messiah's new hotness.

This means that mags need to be pinned and a 10rd max.
    Unfortunately an upper is not in the budget right now, but I will definitely pick up some 30 rd mags.

Mike
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Unfortunately an upper is not in the budget right now, but I will definitely pick up some 30 rd mags.
    STRIPPED isn't bad.

I got flamed pretty hard in another thread (I noticed they are not here yet) for being a paranoid and borderline irresponsible gun owner because of my concerns on this issue, and got myself a tin foil hat just in case.

Does this mean I can take it off now?
    Well I am keeping mine on for right now...still not sure were in safe territory yet

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Kool Aid has been dumped into the water supply.

Buck the Fool Aid........I ain't drinking it.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    As reported by The Hill.com:

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban
    By Mike Soraghan
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

The story can be found at; TheHill.com - Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

- Janq
    Even Obama and Holder realize what an idiot Pelosi is. I doubt they would trust her to be able to lick a postage stamp much less spearhead a AWB through congress.

But this is relatively good news today if she is being less than lukewarm to the prospect of a new AWB.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I never understood why people believed that the Obama Administration would be too busy to pull something like this. Hes not a one man show. Not everyone in the White House has their hands in the economy.

Angry

So I would really like to comment.....but I am so furious the only thing I want to say would probably get me banned from this site.....to the idiots that believed this guy when he said he supports the Second Amendment....you are fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    ...I would like to see a vote on this issue to get the pulse on how anti-gun the mix is right now in Washington DC. I'm hopeful he does not have the votes...The nation is a lot more pro-gun then you guys think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Where are all those folks who posted here about how we gun freaks were three months ago acting like paranoid persons worried about nothing. Silence from them, now...
    If I'm counted in that number, I think several of you are paranoid (and no, I did not vote for the leadership in DC).

The democrat leadership will continue to make a mix of anti-gun statements, while also demonstrating respect for the 2nd or that there are other more important issues to address. The democrats leadership is not going to hand republicians an issue republicans have a better record on that is in line with public support. Well, at least not yet. Divisive issues are used by both sides to show support with words, but when it comes time to take action, it is just something they put on the table to give up later. Net result, anti-gun gets their motovation to show back up to the polls, besides, who are they going to vote for, a republician.

Now I do believe something will come down concerning assault weapon ban, say in 3 to 4 years. I'm hopeful pro-gun rope a dopes it, and their bill is crazy anti-gun. Unfortunately, no one trusts their pro-gun representation (because their lips are moving). Most pro-gun will state how unamerican or how unconstitutional it is. Quoting founding fathers or putting SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED in CAPS, underlined, and in bold. In the end, they will most likely develope some bill that has fewer limitations than the last one, with something to address their pet sub-issue, gun shows. It will have a expiration on it. Just in time for another presidential election.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Mikie View Post
    I can't find the link, but apparently Pelosi shot this down and stated that Eric Holder didn't discuss the ban with her first. I'll try to find the link.
    Her exact words were, "we need to enforce the laws we have first"

I almost fainted when I read that....
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Oh yeah... Im buying an AK very very soon.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuaSponte View Post
    So I would really like to comment.....but I am so furious the only thing I want to say would probably get me banned from this site.....to the idiots that believed this guy when he said he supports the Second Amendment....you are fools.
    I think a lot of people believed that he and congress would either be too busy to care about gun control or they would be too scared to take on such an unpopular topic.

Based on the responses from dems in congress, I'd say they were right on the 2nd part but wrong on the first. Only time will tell for sure.

PS ....

Now the UN, that is something to panic about concerning gun rights.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

So if full auto and granades are the problem, why are the Feds giving me the shaft? Oh yeah, I already know the answer.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links