It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) - Page 9

It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

This is a discussion on It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I honestly didn't think they would try it so soon. It does look like the GOP caa turn things around if they get their ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: It's starting..... but we knew that already. (MERGED X 3)

Senior Moderator
    Well I honestly didn't think they would try it so soon.

It does look like the GOP caa turn things around if they get their act together.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Obama nuts are getting guns too, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless45 View Post
    I find it frustrating that there are gun owners who actually voted for B. Hussein Obama. Calling themselves "moderates". If we dont recognize the threat here, and all stand together unified, them we will lose our rights for sure.
    I saw some of them make a mad dash to get their own conceal weapon permit, handgun and 'evil black rifle' just last week! One guy had a "yes we did" shirt with Obama... it ain't no joke when SOME of the Obama people are apart of the surge of increased gun owners and concealed weapons permit holders... so they must have seen something themselves, they were just slow perhaps
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Magnum, you are correct:

TheHill.com
    Good job, Nancy! You go, girl! Woohoo!
    --------------------------------------------
    Pelosi throws cold water on weapons ban
    By Mike Soraghan
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    Get rid of the ammunition
    What about people who hand load? I am thinking about getting a kit probably a month from now... a government man is gona be look for all the handloaders too I guess... or you have to hand over the equipment?

Man, this is really scary, it's like in Nazi Germany where Jews had to give up even RADIOS over to the vile fascists.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    “On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”
    That is diametrically opposed to her previously stated (on multiple occassions) position. For Pelosi to take such a "middle of the road" stance, one might suggest that she was awaiting an event which would allow her to say, "Oh, well, the laws we have certainly are not enough..."

Wait until the Barry-love is washing over us, and Holder starting to pressure some of the extremist groups (AB, et al...) and they become "agitated" enough to shoot up/pipe-bomb a daycare somewhere. 5 year olds will be calling in their mommies to get those vicious guns off the streets.

Enforce the laws...

I'm afraid when she says "enforce the laws we have now" they are talking about an import ban on military style stuff and parts kits. They've said that before, but I can't find the link. SOmething about how the BATFE hasn't been enforcing it. Say goodbye to US parts count guns, surplus ammo....

It's still not good news.

TheHill.com - Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival

Reid jumps in with Pelosi!

Whatever, Im ordering my AK this afternoon.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    I just find these to be interesting and it really shows that cosmetics are key here.

"Assault weapon" banned under the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban:

Not an "assault weapon" and allowed under the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban:

It is possible that this will prove completely irrelevant.

Under the AWB proposed last session, the law would be different.

GovTrack: H.R. 1022 [110th]: Text of Legislation, Referred in Senate

(emphasis added)
    Sec. 3 ....

(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following:
    (A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:
    (iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;
    (J) A frame or receiver that is identical to, or based substantially on the frame or receiver of, a firearm described in any of subparagraphs (A) through (I) or (L).

(K) A conversion kit.

(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
    (b) Related Definitions- Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:
    (37) Conversion Kit- The term `conversion kit' means any part or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a firearm into a semiautomatic assault weapon, and any combination of parts from which a semiautomatic assault weapon can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.
    Now that's just where they make any AR-15 regardless of the gear on it an assault weapon.

Here's where they make it impossible to leave it to future generations outside of a living trust or by utilizing a dealer for the transfer:

Sec. 7

(a) Ban on Transfer of Semiautomatic Assault Weapon With Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after subsection (y) the following:

(z) It shall be unlawful for any person to transfer any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.
    This version of the bill still makes items that give just the "appearance" of an assault weapon through the combination of items illegal. The pistol grip, flash hider, hi-cap magazine, etc. But it makes it clear that the AR-15 in any form is an assault weapon.

Here's the list of weapons specifically declared assault weapons (omitted above for brevity and ease of reading):

Long Arms
    (i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;

(ii) AR-10;

(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;

(iv) AR70;

(v) Calico Liberty;

(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;

(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC;

(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;

(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;

(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

(xi) M1 Carbine;

(xii) Saiga;

(xiii) SAR-8, SAR-4800;

(xiv) SKS with detachable magazine;

(xv) SLG 95;

(xvi) SLR 95 or 96;

(xvii) Steyr AUG;

(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;

(xix) Tavor;

(xx) Thompson 1927, Thompson M1, or Thompson 1927 Commando; or

(xxi) Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).
    Pistols
    (i) Calico M-110;

(ii) MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3;

(iii) Olympic Arms OA;

(iv) TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10; or

(v) Uzi.
    Shotguns
    (i) Armscor 30 BG;

(ii) SPAS 12 or LAW 12;

(iii) Striker 12; or

(iv) Streetsweeper.
    And on... and on...
    (D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a threaded barrel;

(iii) a pistol grip;

(iv) a forward grip; or

(v) a barrel shroud.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I could be wrong but I think the reason this AWB got shot down
    (no pun intended) was because there is a bigger better gun
    control plan in the future.

I see a ammo tax that will hit all weapons not just the assualt
    rifles they are speaking about. You remember that the Dems
    said their policies would not effect gun ownership? or hunters?

A hunting rifle can be a single shot rifle? A defense revolver can
    have 5 to 6 rounds? They can ban hi cap magazines...they can
    tax the crap out of ammo but, that would not effect a gun
    owner that has a gun at home who never shoots it.

This will effect the gun community the most. Not grandma
    who has a snubby at home in the cabinet she never uses.

The 2nd ammendment is unchanged..but your way of life
    as a gun owner has...

If I was a antique gun-collector, I would not be worried about the democrats. If I was a hunter, your safe. At this point, even high capacity mags (so many out there) look safe. Regulations on ammo types and taxes, ya, that could happen. They will have a fight on the legal SD ammo regulations (there are a lot of common sense argument against such regulations). I can see some regulations using a .223 rifle in a urban area for SD. Not saying I agree, just saying I can see it. They might somehow limt the number of firearms you can own, or make laws requiring registration, securing, etc a large cash of firearms. I don't agree with it, but I think an argument, based on past cases, can put large collectors at risk.

However, just so I can say I've always said it since I've joined this forum, it is all about the ammo and registration. Right now, they are not going to stop anyone from buying much. However they are tax hungry and fee crazy. Yep, they could tax ammo to the point of prohibition (or find ways to register cases, increasing costs, and indirectly increasing tax rev). There is always a twinge of concern when a government makes lists of firearms. However, I don't see the supreme court clearly ruling against taxes and registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless45 View Post
    I find it frustrating that there are gun owners who actually voted for B. Hussein Obama. Calling themselves "moderates". If we dont recognize the threat here, and all stand together unified, them we will lose our rights for sure.
    If you are a gun owner, don't agree with Obama on serveral issues, but overall could not vote for rthe other guy, what do you call yourself, a card carrying democrat?.

I did not vote for Obama, but I also understand there is more than one issue to be concerned about. The two-party system warps one-issue politics to perversion.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the reason this AWB got shot down
    (no pun intended) was because there is a bigger better gun
    control plan in the future.

I see a ammo tax that will hit all weapons not just the assualt
    rifles they are speaking about. You remember that the Dems
    said their policies would not effect gun ownership? or hunters?

A hunting rifle can be a single shot rifle? A defense revolver can
    have 5 to 6 rounds? They can ban hi cap magazines...they can
    tax the crap out of ammo but, that would not effect a gun
    owner that has a gun at home who never shoots it.

This will effect the gun community the most. Not grandma
    who has a snubby at home in the cabinet she never uses.

The 2nd ammendment is unchanged..but your way of life
    as a gun owner has...
    It will be unchanged and totally ignored. The 2nd admendment doesn't give you the right to do anything. It only reminds the Federal Government that they shall not infringe on a right already posessed.

You really think that placing huge taxes or insurance requirements on a Right is not infringing on that right?

Michael

You really think that placing huge taxes or insurance requirements on a Right is not infringing on that right?
    If thats the way it sounded..I'm sorry thats not what I meant.

I am just saying I think they will use tax as a gun control measure.
    Who knows? there may not be an AWB at all.

People who don't shoot on a regular basis won't be effected as
    much as others who do...high tax I mean.

The US House of Representatives has a Second Amendment Task Force. Read their reponse to AG Holders TV speech.

: Boren (OK02) : Press Release : Second Amendment Task Force Responds To Attorney General's Comments On Assault Weapons

This may be a good page to bookmark if you have any concerns about whom to contact at the Federal level when idiots like the AG go running their mouths. I bet Obama is not happy at all that his AG first called us "cowards" the decides to predict what legislation the White House will promote, as if the WH didn't already have enough fights on its hands. Call for Holder's dismissal. If the POTUS keeps him, then you'll know where his sentiments on the AWB truly lie.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post

And on... and on...
    Quote:
    (D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a threaded barrel;

(iii) a pistol grip;

(iv) a forward grip; or

(v) a barrel shroud.
    Oh noes!!! They want to ban the shoulder thing that goes up!

YouTube - What is a barrel shroud?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links