GREAT News in Texas! 2 Pro Gun bills filed today - Campus Carry (SB 1164 & HB 1893)

This is a discussion on GREAT News in Texas! 2 Pro Gun bills filed today - Campus Carry (SB 1164 & HB 1893) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw the news, and for once, they were pro-gun when reporting the story! -------------------- Go Here and search campus carry (won't link very well ...

Thread: GREAT News in Texas! 2 Pro Gun bills filed today - Campus Carry (SB 1164 & HB 1893)

Smile GREAT News in Texas! 2 Pro Gun bills filed today - Campus Carry (SB 1164 & HB 1893)

Just saw the news, and for once, they were pro-gun when reporting the story!

--------------------

Go Here and search campus carry (won't link very well directly)

------------------------

81(R) SB 1164 - Introduced version - Bill Text

Author: Wentworth | et al.

Caption: Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on the campuses of institutions of higher education.

Excerpt: CARRYING OF HANDGUNS BY LICENSE HOLDERS ON CERTAIN CAMPUSES. (a) For purposes of this section, "institution of higher education" and "private or independent institution of higher education" have the meanings assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code. (c) In this section: (1) "Institution of higher education" and "private or independent institution of higher education" have the meanings assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code.

------------------------

81(R) HB 1893 - Introduced version - Bill Text

Author: Driver

Caption: Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on the campuses of institutions of higher education.

Excerpt: CARRYING OF HANDGUNS BY LICENSE HOLDERS ON CERTAIN CAMPUSES. (a) For purposes of this section, "institution of higher education" and "private or independent institution of higher education" have the meanings assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code. (c) In this section: (1) "Institution of higher education" and "private or independent institution of higher education" have the meanings assigned by Section 61.003, Education Code.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Man I hope this passes. After VT, I remember looking around in my classes thinking if someone came into this classroom right now with a gun, my class mates and I would not stand a chance. I just makes sense to let law abiding adults carry in class, just like they already do outside of campus.
    NRA Member

My TX senator and rep have signed on as coauthors of these bills, ( ) so now I'm just trying to drum up support in other parts of the state.

Hoorah! I'll definately be praying for that bill to pass!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstafoo1 View Post
    Man I hope this passes. After VT, I remember looking around in my classes thinking if someone came into this classroom right now with a gun, my class mates and I would not stand a chance. I just makes sense to let law abiding adults carry in class, just like they already do outside of campus.
    I know the feeling.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Links