My mom suprised me.
I do not know if you have seen the email flashing around the net about the second amendment. "Re: Gun Refresher Course"
My mother sent it to me along with 40 other jokes and group emails.
sence it struck a nerve I asked if she ment it or was just forwarding it along with all the others.
MOM: " I don't happen to own a gun, but I believe having the constitutional right to bear arms is right & I would fight anyone who tried to take that right away from us. If our country was to be invaded I would take up arms to defend her, wouldn't you?"
I most definitely would defend this country.
And I do happen to own two guns.
The first is a XD40SC that is a 40 caliber sub compact.
Springfield XD40, a review
It is sub compact for concealed carry. And yes, I have a permit to carry a loaded gun with me anyplace in WA.
Not the last time we were there, but the time prior to that (when John was there) we had it with us.
with the economy taking a nose dive, my guess is that violent crime will be on the rise.
I shoot IDPA practice on Wed evening after work.
International Defensive Pistol Association - What is IDPA?
This is like a self defense practice setup. Not just a paper target 15-25 feet away.
the second is a rifle.
bolt action hunting rifle that fires a 300 winchester magnum round.
We just picked that up last week and I need to site it in.
This rifle was chosen for the round that it shoots.
I KNEW YOU WERE MY KIND OF GUY!!!!!!
way to go mom :congrats:
she is 62 by the way.
A refresher course
'Those who hammer their guns into plows
will plow for those who do not.'
~ Thomas Jefferson
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. An armed man is a citizen.
An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.
Your mom gets it unlike other people,
Cool mom...and 62 isn't old.:blink:
My Mom is 75 and sends me things on the 2nd ammendment all the time. She "gets it" and supports me 100% on carrying.
LOL, I did not mean to say that 62 is old.
My mother has never been labled a firebrand. opinionated, yes. but not a stand on the soap box type of person. We did not have any converstations about the 2nd amendment that I can remember and with the 40 or so junk emails that she forwards along I though this one was just another in the croud that she forwards. That is not the case. She does get it. I must go over there for coffee more often.
There are a lot of us moms who understand what is at stake.
My mother absolutely did not like handguns in any way. However, she would also be the first to stand up for someone's right to have one.
When I was buying one, she actually asked to go along, and kept telling me... if you are going to get one... get a good one. She did go along with me. She felt it was 'my decision' and confidant that she had raised me right.
She didn't know, my grandfather (her father) had me shooting them for years.
You forgot: "If guns kill people, then forks made Rosie fat".
:hand5: check out my picture...not me...my 83 y.o. mom. God bless her.
My parents were the same way when I bought my first handgun. After they got through chiding me for spending so much money on something they considered an unneccesary expense (they don't feel that way now) my mom asked me "So is this considered a good quality pistol?".
Originally Posted by Eagleks
My mom has since then become a big fan of my Grand-dads Ruger .22 Bearcat revolver. She's a crack shot and she loves it because she can buy a ton of .22 ammo pretty cheap.
If guns cause crime... Mine must be defective.
My mom wouldn't own a gun for any reason, but she almost always asks if I'm carrying when we go somewhere together. She says she feels more comfortable to be out around town when I'm armed. Thanks mom.
I am a mother, and a grandmother and I look forward to the day that we teach our grand daughter about the 2nd Admendment and why it is important to us. I also look forward seeing her taught on a range HOW to use weapons like we did with her mother. I am also a CCW holder and proud of it.