I do not know if you have seen the email flashing around the net about the second amendment. "Re: Gun Refresher Course"
My mother sent it to me along with 40 other jokes and group emails.
sence it struck a nerve I asked if she ment it or was just forwarding it along with all the others.
MOM: " I don't happen to own a gun, but I believe having the constitutional right to bear arms is right & I would fight anyone who tried to take that right away from us. If our country was to be invaded I would take up arms to defend her, wouldn't you?"
I most definitely would defend this country.
And I do happen to own two guns.
The first is a XD40SC that is a 40 caliber sub compact.
Springfield XD40, a review
It is sub compact for concealed carry. And yes, I have a permit to carry a loaded gun with me anyplace in WA.
Not the last time we were there, but the time prior to that (when John was there) we had it with us.
with the economy taking a nose dive, my guess is that violent crime will be on the rise.
I shoot IDPA practice on Wed evening after work.
International Defensive Pistol Association - What is IDPA?
This is like a self defense practice setup. Not just a paper target 15-25 feet away.
the second is a rifle.
bolt action hunting rifle that fires a 300 winchester magnum round.
We just picked that up last week and I need to site it in.
This rifle was chosen for the round that it shoots.
I KNEW YOU WERE MY KIND OF GUY!!!!!!
way to go mom
she is 62 by the way.
A refresher course
'Those who hammer their guns into plows
will plow for those who do not.'
~ Thomas Jefferson
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. An armed man is a citizen.
An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS.