Conglomerate Ownership / Environmental Regulation & 2A?

This is a discussion on Conglomerate Ownership / Environmental Regulation & 2A? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1) Everyone keeps stating firearm & ammo makers are having record sales. However some of those companies are owned by conglomerates that are taking federal ...

Thread: Conglomerate Ownership / Environmental Regulation & 2A?

Conglomerate Ownership / Environmental Regulation & 2A?

1)
    Everyone keeps stating firearm & ammo makers are having record sales. However some of those companies are owned by conglomerates that are taking federal funds. Could this effect the long term health of firearm rights?

For a while, I've felt the guy in the White House making major changes to firearm regulation was unlikely. Sure, it could happen, but without other factors (like say martial law or a very public martyr to the anti-gun cause) I don't think anti-gun has the political will to enact major anti-gun legislation in the next four years.

I have always provided a caveat. They could target ammo. From taxation to the level to prohibition to serial numbered rounds. I not sure how it could happen, but I thought they may target firearms in that way.

2)

Just as a thought, do you think an aggressive environmental policy could be used to target ammo? Something several hunters have been hit with, but I wonder if it could go farther?

For example, could they define ranges as environmental / toxic. Could they put greater taxs on the production because of the toxic lead production. Etc, etc...
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

To your number two that has been on going i regard to ammunition since the late 60s and early 70s with in earnest action since the mid to late 80s and early 90s with regard to ammo, shooting grounds, waterways and wetlands, as well as ground/water table contamination. For more info on that see the USFWS amongst various state agencies, and Ducks Unlimited too.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

They will search high and low for any means to impair the RKBA.

They will not rest. They are well funded. They are not trust worthy.

Yes, they will try anything to destroy the RKBA: Lie, cheat, steal, legislate, prevaricate and the like.

We must be a unified voice, and we must let them know where we stand.

I'll answer in a roundabout fashion: last week Obama responded to a question about why we experienced a recession in the midst of the depression ('34-'35, IIRC). He stated that FDR didn't spend enough, fast enough.

We have a regime of Communist ideologues. They call it "Communitarianism" to mitigate the stigma, but it is what it is. Bottom line, if one feels that Joe Stalin, Mao Said Dung or Pol Pot were enlightened leaders and growers of their societies, one will be very happy with the goals and direction of the DNC. It will be bad; it may very well get brutal.

Links