Where is the NRA?

This is a discussion on Where is the NRA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Where is the NRA? Why every time we see the rooty-tootie-governor-congressman-whatever saying that 90% of guns used by the Mexican drug cartels are sold in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the NRA?

Where is the NRA?

Where is the NRA? Why every time we see the rooty-tootie-governor-congressman-whatever saying that 90% of guns used by the Mexican drug cartels are sold in the US do we not see the NRA giving facts and figures in the same format? Why is the NRA only giving information to individuals through magazines? Shouldnt the money of membership be used to push back? Why is the NRA not on the talk shows? Why are they not actively lobbying the public as well as representatives??? Am I missing something? How do I get in touch with the NRA and tell them how I feel and ask them to do something based on my thoughts sense they represent me? I checked around the website but did not see a contact us type of thing that appeared to be for this sort of call...

2. Remove Ads

Official National Rifle Association of America Home Page

Look at the bottom of the page in small print for contact info it will take you to an online contact info page. Good Luck
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    Where is the NRA? Why every time we see the rooty-tootie-governor-congressman-whatever saying that 90% of guns used by the Mexican drug cartels are sold in the US do we not see the NRA giving facts and figures in the same format? Why is the NRA only giving information to individuals through magazines? Shouldnt the money of membership be used to push back? Why is the NRA not on the talk shows? Why are they not actively lobbying the public as well as representatives??? Am I missing something? How do I get in touch with the NRA and tell them how I feel and ask them to do something based on my thoughts sense they represent me? I checked around the website but did not see a contact us type of thing that appeared to be for this sort of call...
    The more guns and gun-owners are under attack, the better the NRA likes it. Why? MONEY!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    Also remember there are very few venues that are going to allow the NRA equal time to respond. Remember the press is not our friend. Anything that does not agree with their point of view is going to be shunned and shut out. The last the the media want to hear is facts.

I am not a member but I think they are holding their cards right now. Keeping the money for when the real fight comes. As of right now we really have no legislation for a new AWB and the speaker has just thrown water on that fire. Im not saying it wont come or whatever, Im just saying right now its not there.

Gun ownership is increasing at an astounding rate and more and more folks are getting involved. We are making headway in regaining our rights in several states. Our cause is advancing.

There is no reason for the NRA or GOA to jump in and dump their wad right now.

When the time comes though, I expect them to fight and fight hard!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Rott - thanks! The ones on the main NRA web page did not bring up the same thing it was only for things like donating more money and such...

Archer - I understand that completly. NRA has money though, and are always asking for more. It is time for them to lobby Hollywood folks for a bit to spend on ads to combat the Brady folks and others. It is time to commission some real studies for real statistics, and time to put up some other information out there so people do not have to go hunt it down. I am very active looking for information, and still I find much more that is flawed and anti gun than is helpful... But why is the NRA not organizing things that the media cannot ignore? Why not take out ads in the papers? It costs money, but it is not restricted... Why are they not writing op-ed pieces, and why are they not lobbying to go onto those shows that will not allow them on, then show emails and other correspondance that would prove that those folks do not want them on the show? There are ways to show the American public that the press has an agenda, but it is not being done, and this is the only organization that can do it for us... But it appears it is not happening.

1943 - 2009
    NRA has money though, and are always asking for more.
    Yes, the NRA has money, but 100% of membership dues collected must be spent on administering NRA programs. The NRA is prohibited by law from spending membership dues on political activity.

The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying or political action arm of the NRA. The ILA is funded strictly by donations. To get these donations, they have to mail out solicitations.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Wayne La Pierre recently addressed CPAC. I saw the video don't know whether it was on the news As far as the NRA going on talk shows you have to be invited. You can't just show up. Given the mainstream media and talk shows what would prompt them to want to get the real story on firearms. The are left wing liberals. Logic and reasoning don't come with that territory.

Reminds me of what Winston Churchill once said.To paraphrase When your young if your not a liberal you haven't got a heart and when your old if your not conservative you haven't got a brain.

Crunch I did not know that. Interesting. Doesnt bother me so much that they mail that out, just that I am not seeing the gun folks fighting back. Without it we are going to no longer be gun folks someday.

Also, you have to keep in mind that the NRA-ILA can't respond to every single comment made by just about anyone who gets media time - that would be a zero sum game.

Paul, it is like we are not even trying. Look at how much we are bombarded with anti-comments in the media. We are not coming close.

The NRA is the big dog in the fight. The NRA is the organization that the antis and left wing media love to hate. The SAF and GOA fight just as hard but are not as well known.

The biased, left wing media won't allow equal time because it doesn't fit their agenda. TV ads are very expensive, so the money is spent elswhere.

The NRA has roughly 4,000,000 members. That's a pretty loud voice and the antis know it.

4,000,000 members is not a lot. IIRC, it's about the difference between the votes for O'Bama and Mc'Cain.

It is nothing because we seem to be electing antis to represent us. When you spread them about they are nothing to the electorate...

Last year the media would not allow the NRA to purchase time on the air, so it is up to us. The media is NOT our friend. When is the last time you heard any thing postive about a gun. The shooting sports in the Olympics were not even shown.....

Are you a member? Don't like the way they do something? Become a member and change it. One of the guys on AR15.com is running for board of directors.

Or just sit around and do nothing and blame them. Your choice guys........

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links