Hope for NY

Hope for NY

This is a discussion on Hope for NY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Assembly bill A06187 looks very promising for New Yorkers. A06187 Establishes a license for a pistol or revolver shall be issued to have and carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope for NY

Hope for NY

Assembly bill A06187 looks very promising for New Yorkers.

A06187

Establishes a license for a pistol or revolver shall be issued to have and
    carry concealed, without regard to employment or place of employment and
    without judicial discretion on whether proper cause exists for the issuance
    thereof; requires the police authority in the locality where an application is
    made for a license to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms to conduct
    a search of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
    I hope everyone will support this bill and help NYS get on par with other "shell issue" states.
    870 !
    NRA Member !

Well they are trying, keep my fingers crossed for the future

I could be and hopefully wrong but I don't think it will pass.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I have my doubts but it is really nice to see that there are some people in N.Y. that are trying to instill some common sense in our laws.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

good luck to the citizens of N.Y.C.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Here's a question: NYC has its own carry permit and won't recognize NYS's permits.If they're truly separate, then a strictly NYS permit should be voted on by only reps from areas that recognize NYS permits, right? That would mean the NYC reps would not be able to vote on this?
    I would think w/o the NYC libs voting, the upstate reps have a shot a getting this passed. They should also allow non-residents who don't work or own property in NYS to get a permit also.

I saw Sheldon Silver's name at the top. Isn't he the guy that blocked Jessica's Law from coming to a vote?
    That's the problem with these committees, if you have the chairman opposed to something, they won't let it through no matter what.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

I would like to see the following bill put into law in NY.
    " SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC PROVISIONS :
    Section 1. Adds a new subdivision 17 to Section 837 of the Executive
    Law as it relates to the functions, powers and duties of the Division
    of Criminal Justice Services to require the Division to promulgate, in
    consultation with the Superintendent of the State Police, a
    standardized publication of general information defining the term
    "concealed" and establishing guidelines on where and when a concealed
    weapon may not be carried pursuant to any applicable state or federal
    law, rule or regulation. Such publication shall be provided to county
    licensing officers for distribution to any person receiving a
    concealed carry permit and upon the request of any person who
    possesses such permit pursuant to Section 400 of the Penal Law.

Right now it's "You have a pistol and a permit, Great, you are now on your own to interpret the law on your own."
    Nowhere on my unrestricted permit is the word concealed. I will continue to carry concealed as I have for many years but I would something in black and white rather than the varied hearsay answers I have heard from LEO's, gun dealers and the agencies that issue the permits.
    bosco

bosco

I wouldn't hold your breath...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I believe in miracles and it will take one to get this law passed by the NYS legislature. The powers that be in NYC, Nassau and Suffolk Counties will fight it with all the taxpayer money available to them.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Start holding your breath in 5...,4...,3...,2...1

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Many years ago, I would not have believed that the majority of the States would now be Shall issue, and that I would possess a Michigan license that made it legal for me to carry a concealed pistol in 36 States.

Every one of the States that has converted to Shall issue has had to start somewhere. While it may be more difficult in some States than in others, the progress we've made shows there is hope.

I do hope that all of you who live in New York and are certain this has no chance are at least contacting your State Legislators and urging their support of the bill. Might also be good to send a note of support to the Bill's Sponsors and Writers.

Best of luck to the people of New York.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

It is times like this that make you wonder. Now NY has 1 pro gun vote and that's Gillibrand. If she is to survive the onslaught from McCarthy and the likes to unseat her in the primary she will vote for this bill. But unfortunately NY is a very Democratic anti-gun state, and I know this bill will not pass. Me being a LEO wishes everyone can carry concealed, then I can open up the NY times and not see "Three people shot in two hours" stories anymore.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Here's a question: NYC has its own carry permit and won't recognize NYS's permits.If they're truly separate, then a strictly NYS permit should be voted on by only reps from areas that recognize NYS permits, right? That would mean the NYC reps would not be able to vote on this?
    I would think w/o the NYC libs voting, the upstate reps have a shot a getting this passed. They should also allow non-residents who don't work or own property in NYS to get a permit also.

I saw Sheldon Silver's name at the top. Isn't he the guy that blocked Jessica's Law from coming to a vote?
    That's the problem with these committees, if you have the chairman opposed to something, they won't let it through no matter what.
    That is excellent logic but you are, after all, dealing w/NY politicians.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Many years ago, I would not have believed that the majority of the States would now be Shall issue, and that I would possess a Michigan license that made it legal for me to carry a concealed pistol in 36 States...Every one of the States that has converted to Shall issue has had to start somewhere. While it may be more difficult in some States than in others, the progress we've made shows there is hope...
    +1 fellow Michigander.

I also want to add, I promise to visit within 6 months of my MI CCW permit legal CC there.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

The Senate now has the same bill listed under S 3478.

Please keep the calls, emails up to the rep's showing that these bills are wanted by the people.

Thank you.
    870 !
    NRA Member !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links