Democrats Leak Gun-Ban List (Merged)

4K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  SweetSig 
#1 ·
Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out
Alan Korwin - Author Gun Laws Of America
GunLaws.com
3-12-9

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity. It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General."

Note that Obama's pick for this office, Eric Holder, wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home. In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event." In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin, Author Gun Laws of America Gun Laws of America

Forward or send to every gun owner you know...
Watch This, If You Want More Proof:
YouTube - CNN- Obama To BAN Guns SPREAD THIS FOLKS, PLZ!
YouTube - CNN- Obama To BAN Guns SPREAD THIS FOLKS, PLZ!

A partial list of gun rights groups:

Gun Owners of America
Gun Owners of America

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - Homepage

FREEDOM=GUNS
FREEDOM=GUNS

National Rifle Association
National Rifle Association - NRA Website Gateway

Second Amendment Committee
Second Amendment Committee :: Welcome

Second Amendment Foundation
Second Amendment Foundation Online

Second Amendment Sisters
Second Amendment Sisters, Inc.

Women Against Gun Control
Women Against Gun Control is a free to join group that supports the 2nd Amendment and a woman's right to protect herself.

As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama deliberately and repeatedly lied to America's 90 million gun owners across the country when he insisted that he would not try to take away anyone's firearms.

Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder said Obama "knew he was lying to the nation because his own website touted his plan to revive the gun ban and make it permanent..." "The president will seek to reinstate the ban on semi-automatic firearms..."

See less See more
#20 ·
Marbury v. Madison 1803 stated laws that are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. Bans like this being proposed probably are.

#10 ·
As the article states:

they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly.

#4 ·
Leak? :rofl:

I see fearmongering and a copy of the list from the dead HR1022. I'd check sources before "spreading the word".

-B

#5 ·
Regardless of the semantics of whether this was leaked or not leaked... whether it's just a "regurgitation" of the "dead" HR1022

The facts are:
1) Eric Holder is a dangerous man to have as Attorney General for firearm owners.
2) Obama is very much Anti-gun, Anti-2A whether you choose to believe it or not. Eric Holder is correct in that Obama's campaign website did lay out his Anti-gun feelings.
3) We currently have a far left leaning congress in both the House and the Senate who is very capable of passing whatever they wish.

The reality is, we are going to spend billions of dollars to try and stave off any passage of these types of bans and restrictions, but they may still be able to do a lot of damage!

I don't think we are just being paranoid.

I do think some may be delusional to think that Obama and Congress will not try to restrict and ban in any way, or as much as possible.

I'm not going off the deep end over this... but I am extremely concerned about what is being done quietly and behind the scenes by the administration.

I am also very hard pressed to figure out exactly what I am going to do when we do start hearing that the Attorney General does in fact take the first step by requiring gun owners to start registering certain weapons they own.

It is very easy to sit back and tout, I'm not doing this or I'm not doing that... But then what do you do when word gets out that BATF is starting to make "home visits?"

We are living in perilous times, and the pot is simmering with the lid on... and they are slowly turning up the heat.

#6 ·
3) We currently have a far left leaning congress in both the House and the Senate who is very capable of passing whatever they wish.
I agree with you on most of the other points, but this one just doesn't fly. The Democratic congressional leadership is definitely pretty left leaning. Congress, on the other hand, hasn't moved very far to the left at all. It's certainly much more conservative now than it was before the 1994 election. Most of the big movement towards the Democrats came it two areas: the replacement of RINOs with liberal Democrats, and the replacement of conservative Republicans with blue dog Democrats.

Frankly, after seeing Reid and Pelosi's reaction to Holder's AWB trial balloon a few weeks ago, and the relative lack of reaction to the Alabama shooting this week, I'm actually pretty hopeful we won't see a big push for any new gun control measures for at least the next two years. The Democratic leaders may be inclined towards a new AWB and other gun control legislation, but they have long memories, and the '94 elections loom large.

I am much more worried about executive branch actions (import restrictions, changes in policy at DoJ and the BATFE, etc.) and judicial appointments than I am about any new laws making it through congress. I'm worried that we are so worried about the AWB coming back from the dead that we may not be paying enough attention to these sorts of things.

#7 ·
Blackeagle Point well taken. I do stand corrected towards what I had made in Point #3. I think you are correct on that.

I also agree with your observations and concerns coming from actions from the executive branch.

And I am very much hoping that we as pro-2A and I'm assuming we as "conservatives" gain some more seats in the House and Senate in the 2010 election cycle. Personally I don't care which party (Dem or Rep) the pro-2A conservatives belong to. As long as they are pro-2A with basic conservative principles.

#8 ·
And lets not forget that shootings are getting a butt load of press these days. Does anybody really think there are more shootings happening, or do you realize the national media is just covering more.

It's just like abductions, statistically there was not more happening a few years ago, it was just that the national media covered more making people think more were happening.

#9 ·
To me, it seems that a Congress who can spend $800 billion in one shot, without READING THE BILL, is capable of enacting a wide variety of restrictive gun laws. Money is strength; and I haven't yet heard that even a fraction of those billions will be going to any gun rights organizations.

We have two years before the next Congressional election if I'm not mistaken. That's plenty of time to put something together and hand it off to a President who still has two years left on his own ticket.

#12 ·
Ok, so where was it leaked from or who was it intended to be sent to?

All the details of the "leak" seem to be very vague, or missing completely. It appears to be another means for Mr. Korwin to promote his stuff IMO.

#13 ·
I just don't understand what the big deal about whether it was a "leak" or not a leak of information or plans or whatever.

Who cares?

My point is what is everyone going to do if one day in the next year, we turn on TV and Eric Holder and the director of BATF is standing in front of the cameras on CNN, FNC and every other channel and telling us that in the name of "the children"... and to curb violence in Mexico and whatever, that we have 90 days to register every firearm we own with a detachable magazine. Long arms and handguns.

People pay a lot of lip service these days... But who's going to be the first to thumb their nose at them when they start doing home checks?

The point I'm saying is that unless people rise up in mass and say NO, the individuals who do stand up are going to be quashed and jailed.

#14 ·
I just don't understand what the big deal about whether it was a "leak" or not a leak of information or plans or whatever.

Who cares?
I care, because the fearmongering is getting to the point of crying wolf one too many times. We need to be ready to confront actual threats to our gun rights, not hyping up a regurgitation of an old, failed bill by calling it a 'leak'.

#21 ·
You are correct.

#18 ·
I don't think it maaters so much WHERE the threat to the 2A comes from anymore. It's comming from all sides including the Judicial branch, As soon as he gets his chance, don't you think Obama will put into the Sup.Ct. more like Holder?

#19 ·
I don't think the Dems are ready to take on gunowners YET! they are afraid of losing Congress and the Senete in the next election like they did with the last AWB. However I have no doubt they will do their best to outdo slick Willy and pass the most restrictive laws the can get away with. We do have some friends among the dems and some enemys in the Repubs so we must watch all of them all of the time and not be afraid to let tthem know our feelings on the issues. We are still a powerful lobby and we must use that power. Even if you don't always agree with the NRA or GOA join anyway strength is power.

#24 ·
I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again guys IT CAN HAPPEN here just like it did in Great Britain and Australia. I have a friend who British and into guns hes lived here since he was a kid,long story short he owns and carrys for self defense. His dad told us hes seeing the same type of stuff her now that happened in England to disarm law abiding gun owners.

He says not to kid our selves we are only one or two federal laws or other imposed restrictions away from the British and the Australians. Rome wasn't built in a day,nor did it fall in one either they didn't take the guns overnight in great Britain in my point. I feel we as gun owners need to band together and join NRA and GOA give money to these groups,write our elected officials and vote accordingly in the 2010 election cycles.

I think we need to also present a public view that gun owners are responsible people,not nut cases waiting to snap and start killing each other. I see it getting to a point were people already feel uneasy around guns if those guns aren't being worn by a LEO.
I see a lot on threads about panic buying of guns and stock piling lots of ammo,but the thing is IF guns are banned from lawful use by law abiding citizens we've already lost...something to think about.

#26 ·
But that list looks to be too overreaching.
More likely leaked by a gun group to fire everyone up.
This.

I still haven't heard any response of who this was leaked from/to. But I'm probably just a skeptic. :rolleyes:

-B

#31 ·
Outstanding post, rodc13.

found this story on another site...interesting info if true??
Same thing, same lack of facts of where they came from and were supposedly going to. Still fear-mongering.

-B

#30 ·
The way to keep the ill-conceived "assault weapons ban" off the books is not by fear-mongering, but by support of pro-2A lawmakers, from both parties. And to support pro-2A actions, no which side of the aisle they come from. Pelosi and Reid, for example, did the right thing when they popped Holder's trial balloon. They should get credit for that, and be encouraged to keep it up.

When lawmakers, regardless of party, let us down, they deserve all the opprobrium we can give them.

#42 ·
Well said, and I totally agree.

This same list, or variations of it have been popping up on internet boards for quite a while.... some even during the campaign. Until there is viable proof that something is actually in congressional record, our best course of action is to support the NRA's efforts and to let each of our individual Congressmen/women and Senators how we feel.

There is often strength in our numbers.... especially when 1/2 of the House and 1/2 of the Senate is up for re-election in a little less than 2 years. Lots of those folks - from both sides of the aisle - might not want to be sticking their necks out too far on this issue right now.

We all need to stay vigilant.

#32 ·
Look boys and girls, it doesn't matter if the "list" is true or not. What is true is that Obama, by Executive Order, ordered that the Department of Defense stop selling once fired brass unless it has been melted down and made unusable in a firearm.

This is in direct violation of the law! The governement is to obtain the best value for it's dollar that it can in the marketplace. By melting the once fired cases down, to foundry brass, it is worth approximately 80% less.

Here's a preview of what was sent to my Congress "critter" and Senators.

The Honorable Bill Cassidy
Member of Congress from Louisiana

Dear Congressman Cassidy:

It has come to my attention that the Department of Defense has issued a directive that all expended military brass (fired cases) will now be shredded and sold for scrap material, rather than resold by Government Liquidators LLC to the civilian market for remanufacture.

You may not be aware of it, but there is a severe shortage of ammunition available for sale to the public across the country, causing problems for shooters, hunters, and reloaders everywhere.

Now, apparently the Obama administration, realizing they cannot move against private firearms ownership since the landmark decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Washington D.C./Heller case, has made their move in another way.

By cutting off the resale of expended military ammunition to remanufacturers, they have put a stranglehold on the nation's ammunition supply.

Further, they have reduced the return to the government on expended brass by 80%. What was sold for remanufacturer at a fair return to the government, will now cost the taxpayers untold sums of money as the cost of scrap brass is far below the price per pound for expended military ammunition.

In addition, the use of remanufactured ammunition is a huge asset to law enforcement agencies across the country who buy millions of rounds of reloaded ammunition a year from these manufacturers for practice rounds.

With this market gone, law enforcement will no longer be able to purchase inexpensive reloaded ammunition, and with the continuing combat status of military forces across the Middle East, original manufacturers of new ammunition are turning out everything they can make to the government, thus exacerbating the shortage of new ammunition in both the civilian and law enforcement market.

Lastly, in these harsh economic times, does it not strike you as cold and calculating that the Obama administration has no compunction against ruining an industry that employs thousands of American citizens in the remanufacturing of sporting and military ammunition. One major resupplier, Georgia Arms, the fifth largest manufacturer of centerfire pistol and rifle ammunition has informed me he will have to quickly lay off half his 60-person workforce, as he has had to cancel contracts with dozens of police agencies who had contracted with him to supply them with remanufactured ..223 ammunition.

Georgia Arms has been practically put out of business by this directive that all expended military brass must be shredded. His current contracts have been canceled, and he is notifying his customers across the country he can no longer supply their ammunition needs.

Please look into this immediately. This move by the Obama administration is nothing but a back-door strike against firearms ownership in this country--if shooters can't buy ammunition, the guns are little better than steel clubs--and this is obviously the intent.

Thank you for your time and efforts in this serious attack against the Second Amendment rights of the American citizenry.

Sincerely,
I don't want to cry wolf, but this is real children. Might as well roll up and shove this country in a dark corner somewhere, as it sure isn't the country I swore to defend against all enemies, foriegn and domestic.

Biker

#41 ·
#34 ·
I haven't heard the otherside of the story...why the DOD move? I don't buy the Obama syndrome...it wouldn't float based on losing 80% of value or even the argument to limit ammo to the populace. Even if melted...could not the melted brass be reused? Regardless...more to the story.

Rick

#37 ·
Yes, I can be a "jerk" but right now what I am being is a realist.

The days of owning guns in America is numbered.

Biker

#43 ·
"But what do you do when your friends who are LEO and just doing their job (because they will be fired if not) come asking for the guns? Stand off? Doubt it, we have families that need us. No, we hand them over hoping we can find an answer somehow (NRA?, still not sure how powerful they are; also member) and thank God our families were not harmed in the process. I am just confused who or whom I need to plea the case to, as many are. I vote when it's time to, inform those who listen. Pray, because that seems to be all that I can do."

I'm not a fearmongerer or Chick Little ("the sky is falling") but given my recent experience (detailed in another thread) I might just be a little more sensitive then most when it comes to concerns real or imagined regarding the government's attempt to disarm the population. Having just "voluntarily" surrendered my pistols and my license while having committed no crime nor judged mentally incompetent, with no allegations regarding domestic or any other violence in my past, it was hand them over or potentially be lead or carried out of my house in handcuffs.

The squeeze is on and I'm not the least bit relieved that Pelosi and Reid backed away from Holder's remarks. The strategy is squeeze and back off, squeeze and back off just short of causing an explosion. Ultimately they intend to squeeze and extract every ounce of meaning out of the 2nd amendment until the exceptions, restrictions, regulations, etc., etc. render it meaningless. Add to this the criminalizing of Americans via laws so complex, governing every area of our lives, that it becomes almost impossible not to be in violation of some law, the violation of which can be used as "just cause" for denying you your rights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.