Calling All Coloradans, House Bill 1180

This is a discussion on Calling All Coloradans, House Bill 1180 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; House Bill 09-1180 is coming before the senate shortly. http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics/CLI...le=1180_01.pdf It is to allow CC Permit holders to not have to go through the instant ...

Thread: Calling All Coloradans, House Bill 1180

Calling All Coloradans, House Bill 1180

House Bill 09-1180 is coming before the senate shortly.
    http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics/CLI...le=1180_01.pdf

It is to allow CC Permit holders to not have to go through the instant background check when transferring a firearm.
    The provision, at the bottom of page 4 limits this to permits issued on or after this bill takes place.

I sent an email to my senator requesting that limitation to be removed and replaced with all current permit holders to be allowed the provisions of this bill.

All Y'all Colorodans write your senators to support this bill, and if possible to lift that one limitation.
    Its so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him, the Sheriff said.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Interesting. Any idea why they put in the stipulation about permits on or after? I know other states have had similar stipulations and the only reason I can come up with is a change in record keeping and daily cross references with criminal reports?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Ah, I'm sure there is some lawyer speak reason, unless it is some kind of compromise to get enough votes to pass. In which case I'd just resign to wait my 4 1/2 years for it to be any good to me.
    Either way it is good for Colorado.
    Its so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him, the Sheriff said.

I wrote my Senator!

Got a reply from my State Senator

My Senator wrote back:

"The ATF wont let us apply it retroactively, sorry, Im caught in the same web.

Greg"

I get the implication that he is also a CC'er.

I do love this state!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I can understand a stipulation like that as long as I'm told 'why.' There must be a better reason than, "because the ATF won't let us." I'm curious what the ATF's reason is - a change in record keeping? daily cross references of CCW permits to accused law violaters and it only makes sense to draw a line in the sand and apply to new permits.........???
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Here's what I received today from my Senator:

Dear Mr. Rock and Glock,

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact me and express your insights regarding House Bill 1180. I have received many emails and phone calls similar to yours, and I would like you to know that I am honored to be one of the many supporters of this bill. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mark Scheffel
    State Senator

Links