NC - House bills 269 and 170 - HURRY

This is a discussion on NC - House bills 269 and 170 - HURRY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK. Here's our chance to communicate to our State lawmakers to pass these two bills. One to allow carrying in State parks and the other ...

Thread: NC - House bills 269 and 170 - HURRY

OK. Here's our chance to communicate to our State lawmakers to pass these two bills. One to allow carrying in State parks and the other to allow carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol.

I think these bills will be voted on in the next few days, so ACT NOW! Click on link.

NRA-ILA :: North Carolina: Two Pro-Gun Bills to be Heard Thursday!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Won't be able to make it there, but will Email the list starting tomorrow!

These are 2 big ones that we need!

Next we need to tackle the Castle Doctrine!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    OK. Here's our chance to communicate to our State lawmakers to pass these two bills. One to allow carrying in State parks and the other to allow carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol.

I think these bills will be voted on in the next few days, so ACT NOW! Click on link.

NRA-ILA :: North Carolina: Two Pro-Gun Bills to be Heard Thursday!
    Oops! The title should read House bills 269 and 270, not 170.
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I just sent the following to every one of them!

Dear Members of the House Judiciary Committee III,

Thank you for your service to our great state! Please support House Bills 269 and 270, allowing for those who have their concealed carry permits to carry their firearms in state parks and also restaurants that serve alcohol, respectively. Please understand that people who would commit heinous acts do not respect laws that prohibit the carrying of a firearm, and thus, any place that's deemed a "gun-free zone," that also lacks actual security or enforcement mechanisms is merely a "victim disarmament zone," leaving unarmed citizens potentially at the mercy of violent criminals. Regarding restaurants that serve alcohol, it should certainly remain the law (and is common sense), that one should be prohibited from carrying while consuming alcohol; however, while attending such establishments, it's the unarmed trip to and from the car that is of greatest concern to me.

Regards,

XXXXXX
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

I sent E-mail tonight to all the reps. This would be a huge step forward for NC ccp holders.
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post

Thank you for your service to our great state! Please support House Bills 269 and 270, allowing for those who have their concealed carry permits to carry their firearms in state parks and also restaurants that serve alcohol, respectively. Please understand that people who would commit heinous acts do not respect laws that prohibit the carrying of a firearm, and thus, any place that's deemed a "gun-free zone," that also lacks actual security or enforcement mechanisms is merely a "victim disarmament zone," leaving unarmed citizens potentially at the mercy of violent criminals. Regarding restaurants that serve alcohol, it should certainly remain the law (and is common sense), that one should be prohibited from carrying while consuming alcohol; however, while attending such establishments, it's the unarmed trip to and from the car that is of greatest concern to me.

Regards,

XXXXXX
    Very well worded, complete and concise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post

Regards,

XXXXXX
    Hope you don't mind. I copied your Email and used my name.

It's hard to beat good writting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Hope you don't mind. I copied your Email and used my name.

It's hard to beat good writting!
    Don't mind at all! Anyone, feel free to use it!
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

If anyone hears anything on this please post ASAP!

Thank you

I got this today:

Thank you for writing regarding House Bill 269 and House Bill 270.

Please know that I support both of these Bills.

I am aware of no cases in which a person authorized to carry a concealed fire arm has discharged that weapon in committing a crime.

I will support both of these Bills.

Again, thank you for writing.

David

Rep. David Lewis
    North Carolina General Assembly
    House of Representatives
    300 N. Salisbury Street, Room 533
    Raleigh, NC 27603
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Update..

From what I have heard As of 3PM HB269 was withdrawn by sponsors and HB270 has been handed off to a sub committee of JIII.
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

I wrote to all of the NC reps urging them to vote for both HB 269 and 270. I also took an early lunch hour and sat in on the committee meeing. The introduction of HB 269 made and when the sponser realized that state parks were not included in the language he withdrew the bill to re-work it to include state parks as well as local/municipal parks. HB 270 had quite a bit of discussion. The libs on the subcommitee had some of the most banal arguments I've ever heard. It is clear they do not understand anything about the 2nd Amendment. One committee member said "If you don't want any trouble, don't frequent restaurants where trouble is going to break out." I kid you not - and he was one of the enlightened ones. UNC TV was there with their usual liberal bias. The bill went back to a sub-committee for more discussion. I'll be there at the next one .... details at 11:00.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

We need these bad.. That and a well written Castle Doctrine.

Let's go NC, get on the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    We need these bad.. That and a well written Castle Doctrine.

Let's go NC, get on the ball!

Yep!
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links