Dems send letter to Attorney Gen

This is a discussion on Dems send letter to Attorney Gen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wednesday, March 18, 2009 Today in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, 65 Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, led by Congressman Mike ...

Thread: Dems send letter to Attorney Gen

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, 65 Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, led by Congressman Mike Ross (D-AR), expressed their opposition to the reinstatement of the failed 1994 ban on semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines. These congressmen cited numerous studies that proved the 1994 ban was ineffective, and they strongly urged Attorney General Holder to stop his effort and instead focus on the enforcement of existing gun laws.

NRA would like to thank Congressman Ross for his leadership on this effort. We will continue to work with Members of Congress from both parties on this important issue.

NRA-ILA :: Important Message From NRA Chief Lobbyist Chris W. Cox on Attorney General Holder's Recent Remarks Supporting Reinstatement of the Failed 1994 Gun and Magazine Ban
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

VIP Member
    Great.....lets get more than 65 though.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    kinda shows that just because someone is a democrate, they aren't necessarily out to 'get the guns'

But I likely won't take my eye off them anyway
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I agree that not all Democrats are gun-haters. I just wish that more of them stood up for the right to bear arms as a principal and not as a reason to court voters. The 5/4 decision of the Supreme Court was not a reason to celebrate. Four of the most august members of this lands judges don't understand the Constitution! This means our rights are maintained at a whim of our government.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Not all Democrats are gun-haters and not all Republicans are gun-lovers. Gotta watch the individual. We should praise and encourage those who are pro-2A, target for removal or marginalize those who are anti-2A, and especially communicate with those who are on the fence. Our best protection is to have a balance of strong pro-2A Democrats and Republicans. That way, the swings in majority/minority will have minimal effects.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

WOW!

TWO of my California representatives are on the list. Notice however, that Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstien aren't.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The Democrats know that touching gun control laws is a slippery slope, and could hurt them in the future if they were to attempt to pass new gun laws. It cost them the elections last time, so I think they learned from that. However that is not to say we shouldn't remain on high alert for any new legislation regarding gun control.

America's gun culture is not to be messed with anymore than it already has. The four words "Shall Not Be Infringed" are crystal clear!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    kinda shows that just because someone is a democrate, they aren't necessarily out to 'get the guns'

But I likely won't take my eye off them anyway
    Shows that they like their jobs...that's it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My rep is, and another one, wonder about senators though? I think I will enclose this to those that I write next week while on spring break.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    This is part of the reason that Pelosi nixed the idea of a new AWB when Holder brought it up. The current Dem majority was brought about in no small part by the so-called Blue Dog Democrats---more conservative dems who were almost a necessary reaction to the Congressional losses after the '94 AWB.

Pelosi may be evil, but not stupid. She is Speaker because of these Blue Dogs, and keeping them---and their constituents---happy is what will keep her there (if anything can after the next mid-term).

I am glad to see the NRA acknowledging them for such an outbreak of rationality.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

There are pro-gun Dems. The problem lies in the fact that the party is controlled by senior leadership personnel, From the Big O on down, that are very much antis.

I voted for a Dem in the elctions here in KS. She got an A from the NRA, so she got my vote. Plus she came by the house and we talked about guns for 20 minutes or so.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Shows they like their jobs and just maybe they actually get it.

I posted it up at a few different forums. I hope they have our rights in mind!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Sponsored Links