Defensive Carry banner

Massad Ayoob interview on pending ammo legislation, and open carry.

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  T Bone 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I would love to be in a 40-hour class with this guy!:danceban:

Hopefully, he'll be back in Live Oak, FL...soon!:yup:

#5 ·
Nov 7-13, 2010, actually, for LFI-IV: click.

He's going to be just up the road in Chehalis, WA, this year from June 11-19 for LFI-I and LFI-II.

#3 ·
+1 always great to hear his insights! I have 3 or 4 of his training DVD's and most of his books.

My short list is to attend his Judicious Use of Deadly Force course or the LFI-1 in the next 12 - 18 months.

Thanks for posting those YouTube videos!

#4 ·
He is the master. I always have thought "In The Gravest Extreme" was something everyone who considered carrying should read.

He did mix terms on this show though, he said "Shall issue" when he was talking about "May issue", and the advent of shall issue. Wish he'd caught and corrected that, but all in all a very good interview.

#7 ·
I didn't like his environmental concerns on the ammo. I didn't like how much he discussed potential problems with 'Man with a gun' calls. I didn't like how he messed up shall issue/may issue terms. I don't like how he said 'Open Carry' legislation should be used very sparingly. I didn't like that he didn't correct the guy when he said 'automatic' when referring to a concealed handgun.

In short, typical Ayoob.

#10 ·
1.I didn't like his environmental concerns on the ammo.
2. I didn't like how much he discussed potential problems with 'Man with a gun' calls.
3. I didn't like how he messed up shall issue/may issue terms.
4. I don't like how he said 'Open Carry' legislation should be used very sparingly.
5. I didn't like that he didn't correct the guy when he said 'automatic' when referring to a concealed handgun.
In short, typical Ayoob.
1. The environmental issue I believe was brought up because the left is so "LEAD EEK!!" that it has to have been made to make them aware of their attempt to ban and confiscate would have consequences, just as the powder and the other issues he brought up about micro stamping.
2. His point is once they receive this kind of call the police have to be cautious and must respond with sufficient backup. After all not every "man with gun" call they receive is an honest OC person on the receiving end.
3. He hesitated and may have paused to correct the verbiage but apparently decided not to, Michigan use to be one of the "May Issue, good Ole boy" states and I am all to familiar with how this biased method of permit issuance was a pain in the rear.
4. OC is not usually legislated but as in Michigan there is no verbiage making it illegal, so anything not illegal must be legal. But I have to agree with him other than states like Texas, and Arizona where OC is far more common place when you see someone with a gun on their hip you go Humm... and watch them very closely.
5. Yeah I did not appreciate his lack of correction on the auto in the pocket, also did not like it when on "Myth busters" the announcer called a Grand a "Assault riffle" either.

#11 ·
I had the great pleasure of attending his JUOf LF1 class last weekend in waterloo iowa. 22 hours of the most intense education I have ever received. I truly believe that every american who carries for self defense should take a course like his. It was the best 400 bucks I have spent.

#13 ·
Unless they submit a list of questions in advance, how is he supposed to prepare?

I thought it sounded like they tried to "set him up" on that one. I think not having heard about it may have even worked in his favor (sounded like they were looking for agreement that there are a bunch of OC zealots out there who are "trying to set up the police" by OCing, having one of their own making the "man with a gun" call, and videotaping the response for purposes of a law suit). Not getting sucked in to their local argument was probably a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.