Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines

This is a discussion on Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Janq Wait a minute. Didn't the BG fire just two shots from his pistol and three from the rifle, all scoring hits? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill calls for tracking of large-capacity weapon magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Wait a minute.

Didn't the BG fire just two shots from his pistol and three from the rifle, all scoring hits?

So even if he had had a ten round 'low capacity' magazine he'd still have had reserve enough to double if not triple his hits per his demonstrated accuracy.
    Using these people own logic then it would be most appropriate to ban all magazines external and internal too (which commonly support as many as five rounds) and press us back in time to bolt action single shot rifles only.

Just like the Remy 700 that the TX tower sniper used to kill 17 people and wound another 20+ using just an ordinary hunting rifle...

- Janq
    I thought this also Jang... I hope the politicians NEVER see that point or we will all be allowed to have no more than a single shot weapon.

This mag stamping is along the lines of the Hillery Clinton line of thinking. She was a rabid supporter in NY for any new handgun sold required a fired casing being sent to the NY state police and entered into a data base for solving crimes. Years later ZERO crimes have been solved using this technique.
    Last edited by rottkeeper; March 26th, 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

What Judge Judy would say

Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    You'd think politicians would spend time and money on other important issues like

- creating jobs for people
    - getting people into affordable homes
    - fixing the bung economy
    Although I certainly agree that these three items are what our politicians should concentrate on (and I think now they are), I heard Judge Judy on Larry King the other day and she had something interesting to say.

She commented along the lines that there are plenty of people without jobs or homes, who struggle every day, but would never think of whacking someone on the head to steal their wallet.

Some crime does go up in bad times, but most of it has little to do with the economy as a whole. But the character of individual BGs.

As for the crimes done out of desperation due to joblessness, we have all (or should have all) at one time or another studied Les Miserables.

An article in today's newsy reported about a young man who was arrested for burglary of a habitation and faces 20 years--- he was hungry; that was his reason. He stole food.

We can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    Rationality goes out the window when you have the possibility of riding past the vulgar masses in a limosine and having the power to point to any man on the street and order his death, point to any woman or child to rape as you wish, to use the gold of the country for your maintenance, all within your reach...
    Fixed that for ya'...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    1)However, I'm just willing to trust my government enough to go to my local PD and register my pistols. Now, I don't agree with firearm bans (and for that matter, cost prohibitive licensing, a background check and a small processing fee should be all that is required).
    2)I don't think this will prevent a criminal from acquiring a firearm, but I guess it does hinder them from walking out of a gunshop with a firearm, and helps track down the history of the firearm and legal ownership. I'm stating this just to point out I'm not at the far right concerning firearm regulation.
    1)If you don't fully understand how registration is (or more importantly "is not") useful to LE, that's a dangerously expansive position to take. Ie., "they tell me I can step off this roof top, and I'll be able to fly..." Not being pointedly sarcastic, but if you don't understand the implications/truth of the matter, it can be painful.

2)Nope. Registration does fart-all for history & ownership tracking, unless the weapon is stolen or the DA wants to go after the first purchaser (either Straw-man or a witch-hunt).

Mao Tse Tung was a modestly wise man: "Power comes from the barrel of a gun..." Don't ever believe our public servants don't appreciate this as a fact, hard and concrete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links