We need more leaders like this one - Page 2

We need more leaders like this one

This is a discussion on We need more leaders like this one within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AllAmerican Sure, that would be recognition, not reciprocity. Id have no problem with that. I just have a problem with the Fed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need more leaders like this one

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Sure, that would be recognition, not reciprocity. Id have no problem with that. I just have a problem with the Fed being in charge of concealed carry. All we would end up with is the same crapola they are pushing in DC right now.

good point
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    This is exactly why so many states are asserting their rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment. The Federal government meddling in the affairs of the states has led to the disintegration of the United States and the rise of statists like Obama.

It is disturbing that some on our side of the gun rights issues want to erode the fundamental concept of our Republic.

And yes, LEOSA should be repealed. It is not a federal issue.

Cool

Has everyone forgotten President Obama in the campaign stated outright that he would like a federal ban on all state concealed carry laws. The video is on Utube and the statement was made on PBS.

I'll stick with my state deciding my carry rights, thank you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Leave it to the states...then at least you can move.

Rick

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawson View Post
    Federal laws would trump individual state statutes? Are you sure that's what you want? What about states rights?
    States don't have rights. Neither does the fed, really...

That said, treat the issue as we do driver's licenses, and I would be completely supportive of this. Does the "full faith and credit" clause not apply to this (I believe this is the constitutional support for recognition of other state driver's licenses).

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Everytime Uncle Sam gets involved he screws it up! We have so many laws on the books now that we don't enforce! Why would we need more?

I agree on the "like a drivers license" point. My opinion is if I prove myself to my state that I am allowed to cc, Other states should recognize it, just like a dl. I am allowed to drive in those states without taking their test, and isnt the backround check partly on the federal side? They asked me where I was born on the gun check. I thought that was odd. just my .02 for whats its worth.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Obama won't be happy, or more appropriately, the people that Obama is working for won't be happy, until there are no more state laws. Just one Orwellian set of laws governing the entire North American continent. Then the world.

KEEP WATCHING! STAY VIGILANT!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That said, treat the issue as we do driver's licenses, and I would be completely supportive of this. Does the "full faith and credit" clause not apply to this (I believe this is the constitutional support for recognition of other state driver's licenses).
    Actually, no. Drivers licenses are affected by and controlled by an interstate compact, of which 45 states are part. The Constitution allows this via Article I Section 10:

No state shall, without the consent of Congress, lay any duty of tonnage, keep troops, or ships of war in time of peace, enter into any agreement or compact with another state, or with a foreign power, or engage in war, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay.
    Congress enabled this compact in 1958.

For the most part, this enables states to report violation to the state of origin.

It is not true that drivers licenses are necesarily valid in another state. If a sixteen year old has a license in one state then he may not drive in a state with a higher age minimum.

BAC
    Does this apply to the actual use of a concealed handgun in self-defense, or to whether or not the license is valid in the first place? Still, I see your point concerning the compact.

Looking harder at the functional result of passing mandatory reciprocation, this would basically mean that the entire country would have no requirements whatsoever to obtain a valid concealed carry license. Get your concealed carry license in the state with the easiest requirements and it's good everywhere, without question. I can see why some would be against this, since it would directly step onto the sovereignty of the many states who instated requirements their citizens voted on. Hell, looking at the "full faith and credit" clause, it looks like the states are already required to respect the different laws and requirements of other states, not just for concealed carry of firearms, which does not require they abide by them (hence, individual sovereignty for each state).

Heh. Critical thinking hurts my head.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links