Pray for your Northern neighbours that this goes through.

This is a discussion on Pray for your Northern neighbours that this goes through. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The last estimate was that about two billion dollars has been wasted on this useless program. New federal bill would end long-gun registry It's a ...

Thread: Pray for your Northern neighbours that this goes through.

VIP Member

Pray for your Northern neighbours that this goes through.

The last estimate was that about two billion dollars has been wasted on this useless program.

New federal bill would end long-gun registry

It's a step in the right direction.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

It's a start.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I wish them luck.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

It's about time that the Canadians ran out of 'Kool-Aid'.
    Now they need to bring back some sort of common sense to the people and allow them some sort of SD/HD.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's about time that the Canadians ran out of 'Kool-Aid'.
    Now they need to bring back some sort of common sense to the people and allow them some sort of SD/HD.
    I hope I am wrong, but I don't see that happening soon ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    Good luck, your fighting a long uphill battle.

VIP Member
    Baby steps.

We've got a long way to go. The leader of the Opposition has gone on record that he'll fight scrapping the registry.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Know that Canada's much stricter than the US gun laws have done nothing, just like in the UK and Australia, to counter firearm related crimes including acts of suicide by use of a firearm...which is itself a criminal act. Even as they all have multiple layers of restriction and process involved toward citizens being allowed access to firearms.

This too is a known fact per Canada's own government bureau of statistics and this was and has been reported amongst Canada's national news in recent times...

Originally Posted by Statistics Canada on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The 2006 rate of violent crime involving the use of firearms in Canada remained stable for the fourth consecutive year, according to a new study examining trends in gun violence.

Canadian police services reported just over 8,100 victims of violent gun crime, ranging from assault to robbery and homicide, accounting for 2.4% of all victims of violence. Handguns made up nearly two-thirds of all firearms used.

Violent crimes were more often committed with other types of weapons than guns. Knives accounted for 6.2% of violent victimizations and clubs or other blunt instruments were used against 3.0% of victims.

Source - The Daily, Wednesday, February 20, 2008. Study: Firearms and violent crime
    Further homicides in specific committed with firearms in Canada across a 9 yr. duration of study from '97 to '05 by Statistics Canada totaled 5,194 with just 2.7% of those being attributed to registered firearms, and just 2.1% had a valid firearms license.

Originally Posted by Garry Breitkreuz - Member of Parliament'
    Ottawa – Today, Saskatchewan M.P. Garry Breitkreuz released unpublished tables from Statistics Canada that prove once again the futility of the Liberal’s billion-dollar firearms program. “The analysis of these new tables by Professor Gary Mauser of Simon Fraser University shows what we all knew: criminals don’t register their guns and can’t be bothered to qualify for a firearms licence,” commented Breitkreuz. “Sadly, these statistics also prove the main point I have been making for the last 12 years, that laying a piece of paper beside a gun doesn’t prevent it from being used to murder someone.”

Source - Untitled Document
    - Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I wish there was more I could do than give you my moral support over the internet, but you've got that.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but I don't see that happening soon ...
    Given the fact that in the last 3 months I've lost friendships from Canada due to my beliefs on the issue, which pretty much echo many if not most around here, I would not be surprised if it does not pass.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately we currently have a minority Conservative government in power. If the Conservatives had a majority, it would pass no problem.

I like how the first poster there points out how the Swiss are required to own automatic rifles. They have more guns per person in Switzerland than we have in the USA, yet their murder rate is not even close to ours.

It seems in Canada that they've quickly realized that gun laws don't work. While here in the USA we wage a war each election on the topic.

Links