Colorado: Act Today: HB 1180 Without Amendments

This is a discussion on Colorado: Act Today: HB 1180 Without Amendments within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Gun owners can get a "Win" in the Colorado Legislature... if you act NOW! This Friday the Colorado State Senate ...

Thread: Colorado: Act Today: HB 1180 Without Amendments

Exclamation Colorado: Act Today: HB 1180 Without Amendments

From Rocky Mountain Gun Owners

Gun owners can get a "Win" in the Colorado Legislature... if you act NOW!

This Friday the Colorado State Senate may hear House Bill 1180, which is the Brady Bypass bill.

This legislation would allow a concealed handgun permit holder to show an FFL (a gun dealer) -- or private seller at a gun show -- his or her permit and could then SKIP the Brady Registration check (sales through a dealer would still require the BATFE's 4473 form).

Yesterday on KCOL radio, sponsor Senator Greg Brophy (Rep. Steve King is the House sponsor) called this bill a simple "pre-approval" measure to buy a gun.

Though this bill was gutted in the House Judiciary weeks ago, Brophy managed to have the bill reinstated to it's original form, and the bill could pass the State Senate... but only if you act ASAP!

There is one danger: some law enforcement are claiming they need a statewide database of permit holders to administer this and to be able to verify that permits are real (that's ludicrous, since no one can even produce a case of a fake permit in Colorado).

It's vital we keep any amendments off of this bill.

We need a handful of Democrats to support this pro-gun legislation, so they need to hear from you.

Call these Senators and courteously ask them to support this common-sense legislation, House Bill 1180, without amendments:

Senator Morgan Carroll - 303-866-4879
    Senator John Morse - 303-866-6364
    Senator Chris Romer - 303-866-4852
    Senator Gail Schwartz - 303-866-4871

Of course, it's worth your time to call your own State Senator, regardless of party, to urge his/her favorable vote.

You must act as soon as possible, though. Leaving a message with their office is fine, but make that call today!

Here's a link to find your Colorado State Senator:

Colorado General Assembly

Here's a link to RMGO. Please consider joining and contributing to RMGO to support our RKBA:

http://www.rmgo.org/

Please act today!

2. Remove Ads

Go CO...good luck with this legislation!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

One problem with this bill is that it will only apply to those CCW permits issued after the bill becomes law... it won't be retroactive to all current CCW holders.

...at least this is what I understand from reading a post on this topic on a Colorado-specific board. I'b be happy to be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
    One problem with this bill is that it will only apply to those CCW permits issued after the bill becomes law... it won't be retroactive to all current CCW holders.

...at least this is what I understand from reading a post on this topic on a Colorado-specific board. I'b be happy to be wrong though.
    I agree, and for what I've heard, it's due to a BATFE issue, but I have not confirmed that or researched it. I heard that from a lobbyist.

Regardless, this is a great first step.

I have the e-mail addresses of the listed folks, so if you'd like to drop them an e-mail, just PM me and I'll send them along.

The e-mail addresses are also available at the link above ("Colorado General Assembly").

Wyoming has had similar to that in place for a while. Good for you Colorado.

wyo-man

Links