Letter from Representitve Cantor

This is a discussion on Letter from Representitve Cantor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just received a letter from US Rep. Eric Cantor in reply to an e-mail I sent him. Wanted to share it with you. It's nice ...

Thread: Letter from Representitve Cantor

VIP Member

Letter from Representitve Cantor

Just received a letter from US Rep. Eric Cantor in reply to an e-mail I sent him. Wanted to share it with you. It's nice to have a US Representative that is Pro Gun. He received an A rating from the NRA for his voting record.

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (H.R. 45). I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.
    This legislation would make it illegal to own a handgun or semiautomatic firearm without meeting increased licensing requirements. The bill also creates a federal database of every handgun owner and transaction. This bill has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary for consideration. To date, no further action has been taken on this measure. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens to own guns.You may be assured that I will keep your opposition in mind should this legislation come before me in the House of Representatives.
    Again, thank you for contacting me. For your convenience, you may receive further information from me on issues important to the 7th District at Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) :: Republican Whip. Your thoughts and comments are
    always welcome.
    With kind regards, Iam

Eric Cantor
    Member of Congress
    EC:ft

2. Remove Ads

Thank you Mr. Cantor...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Not so fast!!!!!!!!!!....Read it again!

His response did NOT say he was against it!

You may be assured that I will keep your opposition in mind should this legislation come before me in the House of Representatives.
    I think he is pro gun, but this response doesn't address it one way or the other. I HAD a good opinion of him until he went along with all the anti-AIG garbage being pushed by congress......Now it just sounds like more double speak from a career politico.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Not so fast!!!!!!!!!!....Read it again!

His response did NOT say he was against it!

I think he is pro gun, but this response doesn't address it one way or the other. I HAD a good opinion of him until he went along with all the anti-AIG garbage being pushed by congress......Now it just sounds like more double speak from a career politico.
    I wonder if he has the NRA, or Brady, 'grade' yet?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wonder if he has the NRA, or Brady, 'grade' yet?
    Rep. Cantor was in the VA House of Delegates prior to being elected to the US House.

Project Vote Smart - Representative Eric I. Cantor - Interest Group Ratings

2008 In 2008 National Rifle Association gave Representative Cantor a grade of A, in its scorecard for candidates seeking office in 2008.

2007 In 2007 Gun Owners of America gave Representative Cantor a rating of A-.

2006 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Gun Owners of America 100 percent in 2006.

2006 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2006, the National Rifle Association assigned Representative Cantor a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2005 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Gun Owners of America 50 percent in 2005.

2004 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2004, the National Rifle Association assigned Representative Cantor a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2003-2004 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Gun Owners of America 60 percent in 2003-2004.

2003 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence 0 percent from 1988-2003 (Senate) or 1991-2003 (House).

2003 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence 0 percent in 2003.

2003 In 2003 Gun Owners of America gave Representative Cantor a grade of B-.

2002 On the votes that the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence considered to be the most important as of 2002, Representative Cantor voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time. These scores are cumulative for each representative's time in their current office. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence considered votes from 1988-2002 in the House and 1991-2002 in the Senate when determining these scores.

2002 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2002, the National Rifle Association assigned Representative Cantor a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2001-2002 Based on the results of a questionnaire the Gun Owners of America assigned Representative Cantor a grade of B- (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F-).

2001 Representative Cantor supported the interests of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence 0 percent in 2001.

1999 In 1999 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund gave Representative Cantor a rating of A.

1988-2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates from 1988-2008, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence assigned Representative Cantor a grade of 0 percent.

Links