AG Eric Holder "Looks forward to working with the NRA"

This is a discussion on AG Eric Holder "Looks forward to working with the NRA" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He was just on TV with Katie "The Commie" Couric and made the statement that he "Looks forward to working with the NRA" for common ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AG Eric Holder "Looks forward to working with the NRA"

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

AG Eric Holder "Looks forward to working with the NRA"

He was just on TV with Katie "The Commie" Couric and made the statement that he "Looks forward to working with the NRA" for common sense gun measures. I wonder what that is supposed to mean.

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    Work with the NRA ???

NEWS RELEASE

PELOSI: 'WE WANT REGISTRATION';
    HOLDER: 2A WON'T 'STAND IN THE WAY';
    SAF: 'GLOVES ARE OFF'

BELLEVUE, WA – Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

“These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state linesÂ…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “Hist ory has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

“The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Maybe they are trying to redefine the phrase and meaning of "shall not be Infringed"

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    He was just on TV with Katie "The Commie" Couric and made the statement that he "Looks forward to working with the NRA" for common sense gun measures. I wonder what that is supposed to mean.
    His common sense is, you don't need a gun and only police and military need them. Were gonna be screwed soon
    Last edited by Miggy; April 8th, 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: language workaround
    "When the people fear their Government there is Tyranny; When the Government fears its people there is Liberty"

Not me, I aint giving up my weapons or my rights! I would LOVE to see them try!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkatect View Post
    His common sense is, you don't need a gun and only police and military need them. Were gonna be screwed soon
    Last edited by Miggy; April 8th, 2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Quoting Language workaround

They aint getting mine. I will not register them and I will not give them up. I will die a free man.

I am not going there. Are you reading this Nancy? Eric? Barak?

I urge all of us to stand together.

Im actually listening to American Pirate as I type this.

I know there is alot of military and LEO on this site. I am asking you to strongly consider what is going to be asked of you.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Administrator
    Holder is rabidly anti-gun.
    He would love using the 2nd Amendment as toilet paper.

I heard this tonight too, Katie kept pushing him for an answer on the gun show loopholes and the AWB. She wears her anti gun stance on her sleeves like a dried booger. Yep, it really stands out. I'm am really getting annoyed at the phrase ''common sense laws''. As soon as I here that I know there will be no common sense to follow it up.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Dried Booger
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I wish they talked about punishing criminals and closing the border instead of making more gun laws...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The man has absolutely no common sense to speak of
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wish they talked about punishing criminals and closing the border instead of making more gun laws...
    That would be common sense and get real results, that not what they are all about.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

The only "thing" to be done, if anything, is to fix the NICS system which obviously has failed quite a few times. A lot of these people technically should have been stopped by the system we already have in place.

Considering the NRA basically birthed NICS, perhaps they could lead the drive to fix the system.

Otherwise, I believe the problem is a social one where no one is noticing these people with their numerous warning signs, and on top of that, failing to do anything about it.

The only common sense gun law IS the 2nd Amendment.Criminals have always existed and they always will. They'll use any tool,should we ban anything that a man can carry ? Sticks, knives, hammers, screwdrivers.....etc. Giving the criminals more unarmed targets is a great idea....if you're stupid.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    They want to pass a Federal law because less than 10 people out of 300 million abused their rights. Bad math there. But then I understand we got the GCA of 68 because of 2 assassinations. Doesn't look good.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links