Armed America: Behind a broadening run on guns

This is a discussion on Armed America: Behind a broadening run on guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think we found out just how much our government can protect us (9/11/01) and it burst our bubble. If the next one comes from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armed America: Behind a broadening run on guns

I think we found out just how much our government can protect us (9/11/01) and it burst our bubble. If the next one comes from the heartland, I want to be able to take a few with me or better yet, send them to hell and their virgins!
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    I think we found out just how much our government can protect us (9/11/01) and it burst our bubble. If the next one comes from the heartland, I want to be able to take a few with me or better yet, send them to hell and their virgins!
    I hope that I am wrong, but I think that the next terrorist act could very well be in the heartland too!
    God bless our troops!

Senior Moderator
    Regarding the article in the OP, I knew this surge of gun buying was 'killing' the anti-gunners. They finally get an anti-gun Pres. and VP and America starts buying guns like never before.

It must be very frustrating to the anti-gun politicians to realize their efforts have culminated in a near frenzy buying of guns by people in every walk of life. Yet it is a statement of how Americans feel about guns. Hence the politicians fear that if they introduce gun control bills, they could lose the next election.

The irony of this situation is just beautiful. Finally the biased news media have been successful in brainwashing the American people and it has absolutely backfired on them.

The 20/20 and 60 minute specials on guns are, without a doubt, an attempt at damage control and to slow down the frenzy. But the 20/20 program made it so clear that the 'authorities', lock downs, cell phones, and email can't protect you, that I'm expecting the programs to increase the frenzy rather than curtail it.

Maybe for the first time people are beginning to see the truth through the media lies - it's just great!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

It is great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrebleau View Post
    A bit frightening, then, that our leaders feel the people buying arms and ammo are probably white supremacists or domestic terrorists. The DHS also cautions agents to be on the lookout for cars with Ron Paul and other political bumperstickers.
    Think it's too weird to be true? Read the Department of Homeland Security's unclassified publication: http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf
    as reported today in World Net Daily:
    Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
    Yup, our government is quickly considering patriotism as a terrorist trait.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Like I dont know who said it but "The Second Amendment is the only amendment that prepares you for when they try and take it away".
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrebleau View Post
    A bit frightening, then, that our leaders feel the people buying arms and ammo are probably white supremacists or domestic terrorists. The DHS also cautions agents to be on the lookout for cars with Ron Paul and other political bumperstickers.
    Think it's too weird to be true? Read the Department of Homeland Security's unclassified publication: http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf
    as reported today in World Net Daily:
    Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
    This is why I won't put my trust in these fools, especially after seeing the Katrina aftermath... it almost seems that you're better off without them.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I just bought a scope for my .22 rifle. It's a great way of venting our urge to shoot guns and not go broke in the process.
    I bet you that .22LR firearm sales are doing very well too... the other day I was shooting my Ruger single six with some cheap federal bulk ammo and I had LOADS OF FUN plinking at pie plats at 70+ yards... a hell of alot cheaper than anything else that goes BOOM.

For this reason, when I buy centerfire ammo it's more about a SHTF situation than for target work, and I got a hand reloading kit for making range ammo to practice with my carry guns (but can't find primers to even start!!!).
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

I have always enjoyed firearms. I enjoy shooting. That means that as I have opportunity I will broaden my stable and practice with what I already have in my stable.

I don't need a reason to move forward with my plans to do so. No scares real nor imagined have suddenly transformed me into anything that I haven't been for 43 years. I want to shoot, and I want to buy. If I were a golfer I'd be doing the same thing with clubs or a stamp collector I'd be buying stamps. There is nothing odd about this.

But now when I buy I'm placed into an odd new demographic. Now, I'm a hoarder, or a panic buyer, or whatever other labels they invent.

Truth be told, there is nothing strange or new about what I'm doing and the media needs to get that through their thick skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I have always enjoyed firearms. I enjoy shooting. That means that as I have opportunity I will broaden my stable and practice with what I already have in my stable.

I don't need a reason to move forward with my plans to do so. No scares real nor imagined have suddenly transformed me into anything that I haven't been for 43 years. I want to shoot, and I want to buy. If I were a golfer I'd be doing the same thing with clubs or a stamp collector I'd be buying stamps. There is nothing odd about this.

But now when I buy I'm placed into an odd new demographic. Now, I'm a hoarder, or a panic buyer, or whatever other labels they invent.

Truth be told, there is nothing strange or new about what I'm doing and the media needs to get that through their thick skulls.
    +1 I couldn't agree more but the media doesn't sell the truth. I like your analogy though.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

To become a gun owner, you must have committed no felonies, not be an alcoholic or drug abuser, never been committed to a mental health facility, not have been discharged from the service dishonorably, have never been involved in domestic violence, and have never renounced your citizenship. You've got to be one of the good guys.

So why is the government in Washington DC afraid of you? Think about it. And while you think on that, remember:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master" George Washington

"The people are the masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it" Abraham Lincoln
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I like guns. I always have. Bought my first one 25 years ago when I turned legal age. But it had been a long time since I purchased any, though were a number I was interested in.

Why?

I'm a procrastinator.

I put it off. Not now. Maybe later. The prices will come down. Need to replace the A/C. The Roof needs fixing. New car. Family. Etc. Etc.

The thing about procrastinating, is you can only put it off so long.

Now it looks like maybe (just maybe) my ability to purchase will be restricted.

...So might as well buy guns now.

The stock market has been doing terrible (until the last few weeks) not losing much by staying out.

With all this fiscal stimulating, inflation is sure to rise, and my bank account balance will buy less.

While crime hasn't gotten dramatically worse, if the economy really goes in the crapper, crime is almost certain to rise dramatically.

Besides they're like potato chips. Bet you can't buy just one.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post

"The people are the masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it" Abraham Lincoln
    Can someone PLEASE tell me when last was there a president that spoke like this? Today the DHS would call this "hate speech" and place them in the catagory of "probably domestic terrorist."

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    The reasons why I've bought 6 guns and more ammo since General Election:

1. The leftists are in control of the government and I don't trust them.

2. Economy is declining and crime is escalating.

3. Prepararation for when the SHTF.

4. I like guns.
    Lets just say Ive purchased more than 6 since November. I agree though with your 4 here.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links