Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy

This is a discussion on Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Patti I'm confused why you have your panties in a wad. Anti-abortion groups like National Right to Life. Bible Prophecy groups like ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 71

Thread: Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    I'm confused why you have your panties in a wad.

    Anti-abortion groups like National Right to Life.
    Bible Prophecy groups like Rapture Ready.
    Pro gun groups like NRA.

    Are you against illegal immigration? Are you a member of Numbers USA or The Heritage Foundation? You're a right-wing extremist.

    Ever attended a tactical training course (CCW permit holders)? You're considered a right-wing extremist.

    Anyone with military training....potential right-wing extremist.

    Anyone who opposes the current administration...potential domestic terrorist.

    Napoleon managed to insult millions of good, law-abiding citizens.

    I'm glad she's being sued.

    Napoleon needs to resign.
    None of those groups were named...but sure got a lot of people's "panties in a wad".

    I don't like her either...but insult...a stretch for sure. I'm always amazed by the liberals that threw spears at GW and now the conservatives likewise now that they are not in power. So many made a mountain out of a mole hill.

    There is a history of domestic terrorism...and where that terrorism came from. I personally would rather the cages get rattled to see what falls out than worry about "insults"...Americans and way of life at stake. You worry about such nits...while the enemy is forming around the bend.

    Firsts it's ALL veterans...then it is ALL law abiding right wingers....then all Americans. Gee...then you say it is "potential". Insult...give me a break...put some thick skin on. You guys look for things and grasp as the littlest straw just so you can say to each other "I told you so".

    DHS is trying to do their job...protect Americans. Not right wingers, not left wingers, not gun totin white, black, Asian, Hispanic...all Americans. She already said it could of been worded better...and apologized for the wording. You must really think they do all this in some puzzle palace...no input, no intel, no knowledge, no smarts, no brains...makes me think of the 6 Americans that wanted to attack an Army fort and kill a bunch of soldiers in NJ two years ago. Jeez...how soon we forget.

    Rick

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,411
    It's like saying most serial killers are white males, so all white males should be considered serial killers. It's faulty logic...... being used for political reasons. So are all the comments on MSNBC that was saying "all tea-baggers are racist, pathological rednecks".

    YouTube - Janeane Garofalo - Countdown - Keith Olbermann - April 16 2009

    Remember... if you are FAR LEFT, everyone is to the extreme right.

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array JAT40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    2,366
    The Department of Homeland Security is warning "law enforcement officials" about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity"

    Where's all the concern about "Leflwing extremist activity"? Is it because they don't "oppose" the current administration?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

  5. #34
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It's like saying most serial killers are white males, so all white males should be considered serial killers. It's faulty logic...... being used for political reasons. So are all the comments on MSNBC that was saying "all tea-baggers are racist, pathological rednecks".

    YouTube - Janeane Garofalo - Countdown - Keith Olbermann - April 16 2009

    Remember... if you are FAR LEFT, everyone is to the extreme right.
    Oh, I get it...like saying that predominently the prison population is black...therefore all blacks are criminals. You're right...faulty logic for sure. But the far left and right love faulty logic don't they...:))

    You watch KO...yikes :))) Is that faulty logic??? :))

    Rick

  6. #35
    Senior Member Array tbrenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I agree. It basically says, "If you're pro America, pro morals etc...." you're a right wing extremist.

    No, Mrs Napolitano, that makes us patriots!

    Furthermore, those who support the very things you list as being opposed by "right wing extemism" are in fact anti American or domestic terrorists.
    I could not agree more.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    None of those groups were named...but sure got a lot of people's "panties in a wad".

    I don't like her either...but insult...a stretch for sure. I'm always amazed by the liberals that threw spears at GW and now the conservatives likewise now that they are not in power. So many made a mountain out of a mole hill.

    There is a history of domestic terrorism...and where that terrorism came from. I personally would rather the cages get rattled to see what falls out than worry about "insults"...Americans and way of life at stake. You worry about such nits...while the enemy is forming around the bend.

    Firsts it's ALL veterans...then it is ALL law abiding right wingers....then all Americans. Gee...then you say it is "potential". Insult...give me a break...put some thick skin on. You guys look for things and grasp as the littlest straw just so you can say to each other "I told you so".

    DHS is trying to do their job...protect Americans. Not right wingers, not left wingers, not gun totin white, black, Asian, Hispanic...all Americans. She already said it could of been worded better...and apologized for the wording. You must really think they do all this in some puzzle palace...no input, no intel, no knowledge, no smarts, no brains...makes me think of the 6 Americans that wanted to attack an Army fort and kill a bunch of soldiers in NJ two years ago. Jeez...how soon we forget.

    Rick
    Napoleon's assessment is to "assess" individuals' potential for domestic terrorism based on their beliefs.

    She targets people for their opposition to the current administration's policies.

    Her apology is lame. The horse is already out of the barn.

    I seriously doubt you know how I think because it appears we are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

    How's the koolaid?
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Napoleon's assessment is to "assess" individuals' potential for domestic terrorism based on their beliefs.

    She targets people for their opposition to the current administration's policies.

    Her apology is lame. The horse is already out of the barn.

    I seriously doubt you know how I think because it appears we are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

    How's the koolaid?
    Uh, revelation...all domestic terror acts were based on beliefs...but you know that already don't you.

    How's the faulty logic? Oh...and I drink beer...preferably Bud, thanks.

    Rick

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Array gimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post

    DHS is trying to do their job...protect Americans. Not right wingers, not left wingers, not gun totin white, black, Asian, Hispanic...all Americans.
    A quick scan of the nine page DHS report revealed that the word rightwing appeared 49 times. Leftwing was not mentioned once. If the DHS was not targeting rightwing (read conservative and 2nd Amendment proponents) Americans then one would think that other groups with opposing viewpoints would have at least received honorable mention.

    From the 2001 Department of Energy Office of Safeguards and Security: http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/left.pdf

    Left-wing extremism often has developed from working-class movements seeking in
    theory to eliminate, not preserve, class distinctions. Communism evolved from left-wing
    extremism. The threat from left-wing extremists did not die with the collapse of the
    Soviet Union, however. Domestic groups and state-sponsored cells and individuals have
    continued their espionage activities and the planning of terrorist actions against the U.S.
    government. Leftist extremists were responsible for three-fourths of the officially
    designated acts of terrorism in America in the 1980s. From an international perspective,
    of the 13,858 people who died between 1988 and 1998 in attacks committed by the 10
    most active terrorist groups in the world, 74 percent were killed by leftist organizations.


    I say once you get all the facts then let your conscience be your guide as to the real intent of the report.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #39
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    34,575
    Here is a PDF of the More/Savage Court Document.

    http://michaelsavage.wnd.com/files/f...d_Security.pdf

  11. #40
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Agreed Gimpy...great executive summary...for 2001 and which focusses entirely on left-wing extremism. Perhaps DHS needs to contract for a new study. But then again...I'm trying to think of some left-wing groups in the US...maybe ACLU.

    Regardless...maybe DHS will come out with a 9 page left wing report next.

    Rick

  12. #41
    VIP Member
    Array falcon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Agreed Gimpy...great executive summary...for 2001 and which focusses entirely on left-wing extremism. Perhaps DHS needs to contract for a new study. But then again...I'm trying to think of some left-wing groups in the US...maybe ACLU.

    Regardless...maybe DHS will come out with a 9 page left wing report next.

    Rick
    They already did, it was released before the current one:

    http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...ist_Threat.pdf

    I have not yet perused it, but it is evidently far more specific than the right-wing report.

    This commentator (DHS Report on Leftists Not Like Napolitano Report on Right-Wing Extremism - Peter Roff (usnews.com)) noted this:

    And it cites specific examples, something the Napolitano report, with the exception of references to the Oklahoma City bombing (which is cast as a reason to be concerned about returning veterans), fails to do in anything resembling the same level of detail.
    and

    ...In any case, the level of specificity in the earlier report—while still thin—is nonetheless light years ahead of what is contained in the Napolitano report. And its a far cry from "be wary of returning veterans," as the Napolitano report suggests, because they may be disgruntled and Timothy McVeigh, who blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City, was both disgruntled and a returning veteran.

    Whether it is, in a global sense, right or wrong for the U.S. government to produce reports such as these and to share them with state and local police officials is another issue entirely. The simple fact is that the two reports discussed are, beyond the fact that they both purport to examine the threat of ideologically motivated extremists, significantly dissimilar.
    Not trying to direct the discussion one way or the other, but thought the left-wing report and the commentary might be of interest....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

    Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

  13. #42
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,523
    I do not trust this current crop of politicos.

    I think Napoleon and Hussein are just getting started.

    The document on right-wing extremism sent last week by this department’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis is one in an ongoing series of assessments to provide situational awareness to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on the phenomenon and trends of violent radicalization in the United States.
    One in an ongoing series of assessment?

    She released this assessment to the public to see how much flack would be received.

    Yes, the Obama administration is testing the waters to see how much they can get by with....to see how far they can go in stripping Americans of their constitutional rights.

    Her claim that Americans who disagree with the liberal agenda of the current administration are paranoid, shows just how paranoid the current administration is.

    As for the paranoia that conservative values equal terrorist values, that inference shows the highest and most unfounded levels of paranoia. Throughout the history of the United States, Americans have held to different ideologies and values.

    That the liberal ideology would believe it has to call opposing ideologies "terrorists," proves those who hold to that terminology must themselves be fearful bigots.

    In summary:

    If you oppose amnesty for illegals and abortion on demand, YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE STATE.

    If you believe in gun ownership, you believe in the purchase of ammunition, YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE STATE.

    If you believe what the Bible says, YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE STATE.

    And the biggest insult, the biggest slap on the face:

    If you have served our country, if you have knowledge in the use of deadly force, YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE STATE.

    Wake up people.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

  14. #43
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Com'mon Patti...do you honestly believe one is an enemy of the state if one believes those things? Jeez...ya take a sound bite...wrap it up with every conceivable angle...spin it around...then it becomes "everybody". Oh, throw in the Bible card too...that will really get everybody hot. Gee...reminds me of the 50s diving under the school desk to hide from a Nuclear bomb :)))

    Some talk govt out of control...then I chuckle with the eavesdropping on phones, internet, mail on Americans for the past 8 years plus. All under the terrorist fighting card. Why isn't the the right wing (re: personal rights and freedoms) up in arms???

    Have to hand it to the various govt groups...they sure know how to distract one from the real issues. I have to go out in my backyard to continue on my bomb shelter :))

  15. #44
    Senior Member Array CR2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I agree. It basically says, "If you're pro America, pro morals etc...." you're a right wing extremist.

    No, Mrs Napolitano, that makes us patriots!

    Furthermore, those who support the very things you list as being opposed by "right wing extemism" are in fact anti American or domestic terrorists.
    You notice how there was virtually NO MENTION on radical Islamic teachings and indoctrination coming from some mosques and prisons or anything like that in the DHS memo... the whole thing sticks to high hell!

    These people belong in Stalin's Russia or Hitler's Nazi Germany AND NOT America... the sad thing is that some people think this DHS report is legitimate, very sad.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

  16. #45
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,523
    Well, Bandit, let's see.

    Bush knew very well who the enemy is: Islamic extremists.

    He had the balls to call them terrorists.

    This current administration refuses to call a spade a spade.

    Instead, they are calling conservatives "right wing extremists".

    Very backward, in my opinion.

    And it's not just my opinion.

    I'd say this assessment has fired up over half of Americans.

    You're just not one of them.

    I will agree with you on one thing you said.

    This administration is very good at distracting Americans from "real issues" at hand.

    This is off-topic, but the stock market has dropped 3,000 points since Hussein took office. He has preached doom and gloom and crisis for 2 months. Investors don't trust him.

    And now, all Hussein has to do is say "the crisis is over". He speaks and magically everything is ok. Nevermind that people are still gretting laid off and the stock market doesn't respond.

    Talk about a narcissist.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. — Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lawsuit to Overturn California AB962 Filed – StateAmmo.com et al vs. State of CA DOJ
    By MosinMan42 in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM
  2. Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against Grand Haven, MI
    By dougwg in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
  3. Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee
    By Kevin Jensen in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
  4. Lawsuit Filed Over Shooting Range
    By Captain Crunch in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Search tags for this page

abortion

,

lawsuit has been filed against napolitano

Click on a term to search for related topics.