Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy - Page 4

Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy

This is a discussion on Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's what I am. I feel honored to be labeled this way. they have my description down pat....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 71

Thread: Fed Lawsuit Filed Against Napolitano Over Extremism Policy

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array Tom G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,375
    That's what I am. I feel honored to be labeled this way. they have my description down pat.


  2. #47
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,657
    It appears that Napoleon and Hussein are going to have to take ownership of this Manifesto.

    Bipartisan team stunned by 'extremism' allegations

    Bipartisan team stunned by 'extremism' allegations
    'Veterans, families should not be viewed as a threat'

    Members of both sides of the aisle in Congress are expressing outrage and seeking an investigation into a new Department of Homeland Security report on "extremism" that targets U.S. military veterans, opponents of abortion and supporters of other conservative causes.

    U.S. Rep Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., was horrified at what he described as a "shoddy, unsubstantiated" document that was delivered to law enforcement across the nation.

    "I am concerned at what appears to be a shoddy, unsubstantiated, and potentially politicized work product that has been disseminated to the Intelligence Community, and law enforcement as a finished intelligence product," he wrote to DHS chief Janet Napolitano. "The report appears at best sloppy and unprofessional and at worst a representation of political bias being passed off as intelligence analysis by DHS."

    According to the Washington Times, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., said he was "dumbfounded" that the report was, in fact, released.

    "This report appears to raise significant issues involving the privacy and civil liberties of many Americans – including war veterans," Thompson told Napolitano in a letter."As I am certain you agree, freedom of association and freedom of speech are guaranteed to all Americans – whether a person's beliefs, whatever their political orientation, are 'extremist' or not," Thompson said.

    He said he was disappointed and surprised the report would be issued. And he demanded to know what types of further activities DHS had planned regarding the issue.
    a public-interest legal group submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to the DHS demanding to know why it calls Americans who support the 2nd Amendment and dislike lax immigration "extremists."

    Now Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, is offering his criticism and demanding to know why, as ranking member of the committee, "which is responsible for authorizing funding for this office," he was not given a copy of the report but had to obtain it from open sources on the Internet.
    "I would appreciate clarifications as to why this report was not provided to the committee and an understanding of what other reports DHS may be failing to provide to the committee," he wrote.

    He also wanted some clarifications:

    "The report purports to analyze 'rightwing extremism' without defining the term or specifying by name a single group that falls into this category," he said. "According to the imprecise analysis contained in the report, 'rightwing extremists' could include groups dedicated to opposing abortion or illegal immigration as well as those who may not agree with the new administration's 'perceived' stance on several issues including illegal immigration and restrictions on firearm ownership.

    "On their face, these statements may appear to cast legitimate viewpoints – in fact some viewpoints that recently constituted administration policy – in a suspicious light. Without any specific reporting to support such vague statements it is easy to see how they are offensive to many people," he wrote.

    A spokesman for the federal agency told WND today that the DHS would refuse to identify the actual authors of the report. The agency also would not comment on any procedures or actions it may take in response to the controversy over the report.
    But to the Associated Press, a DHS official confirmed there were concerns by the agency's office of civil rights about some of the language in the report.

    It was issued anyway, the agency said.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Winston Churchill

  3. #48
    Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,051
    Wow, I normally dislike Savage with a pure passion. I find myself strangely torn now. :)

    I expect this will be dismissed before it reaches any real court level though.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

    www.Lonelymountainleather.com

  4. #49
    Member Array nitrohead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    93
    Hell yes I'm a right-wing extremist! I don't need a stinking DHS report to tell me that! I gladly and proudly admit it! I am proud to be a God fearing, pistol packin', ammo hoardin', assault rifle ownin', carbon spewin', drill here drill now drill often, **** the middle east, love it or leave it American Patriot!

  5. #50
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Well, Bandit, let's see.

    Bush knew very well who the enemy is: Islamic extremists.

    He had the balls to call them terrorists.

    This current administration refuses to call a spade a spade.

    Instead, they are calling conservatives "right wing extremists".

    Very backward, in my opinion.

    And it's not just my opinion.

    I'd say this assessment has fired up over half of Americans.

    You're just not one of them.

    I will agree with you on one thing you said.

    This administration is very good at distracting Americans from "real issues" at hand.

    This is off-topic, but the stock market has dropped 3,000 points since Hussein took office. He has preached doom and gloom and crisis for 2 months. Investors don't trust him.

    And now, all Hussein has to do is say "the crisis is over". He speaks and magically everything is ok. Nevermind that people are still gretting laid off and the stock market doesn't respond.

    Talk about a narcissist.
    You didn't answer the question...do you or do you not agree with spying on Americans? I know you want your cake and eat it too...

    Second...agreed, by so many, including DHS...the reports (uh, you might forget, but there were two reports) were poorly written and vastly open for interpretation. DHS is now trying to do damage control...which ultimately distracts from combating international and national terrorism. A lose lose situation for all.

    Lastly...call a "spade a spade" is actually a racist slur to some:

    "The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur, which was not recorded in usage until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the modern racial slur against African-Americans"

    Hey...I'm fired up...just not pinging like a well hit three wood in a tilled bathroom like so few.

  6. #51
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    You didn't answer the question...do you or do you not agree with spying on Americans? I know you want your cake and eat it too...

    Second...agreed, by so many, including DHS...the reports (uh, you might forget, but there were two reports) were poorly written and vastly open for interpretation. DHS is now trying to do damage control...which ultimately distracts from combating international and national terrorism. A lose lose situation for all.

    Lastly...call a "spade a spade" is actually a racist slur to some:

    "The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur, which was not recorded in usage until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the modern racial slur against African-Americans"

    Hey...I'm fired up...just not pinging like a well hit three wood in a tilled bathroom like so few.
    You till your bathroom?

    Sorry, Bandit, I may be old, but I wasn't born in 1928.

    Bandit, like most liberals who are called out, they resort to playing the racist card. It's usually the only argument they have left.

    You can attempt to label me as a racist, but everyone who knows me would find that completely laughable.

    We're not discussing someone's "race".

    We're talking about terrorism.

    President Bush had no problem identifying a terrorist.

    But for some reason, Hussein has difficulty identifying what contitutes a terrorist.

    Now, I know you'd like nothing better than to turn this into a Bush bashing party, but that would be entirely off-topic.

    I find it very strange that Napolean kept this assessment from the head of the Intelligence Committee. Not just the head of the committee, but the WHOLE committee.

    But then again, that seems to be the way this administration rolls...not allowing debate or deliberation. Don't even read a bill....just sign it and shut up.

    I'm perplexed by the freefall of our government and it's leaders.
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Winston Churchill

  7. #52
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    You till your bathroom?

    Sorry, Bandit, I may be old, but I wasn't born in 1928.

    Bandit, like most liberals who are called out, they resort to playing the racist card. It's usually the only argument they have left.

    You can attempt to label me as a racist, but everyone who knows me would find that completely laughable.

    We're not discussing someone's "race".

    We're talking about terrorism.

    President Bush had no problem identifying a terrorist.

    But for some reason, Hussein has difficulty identifying what contitutes a terrorist.

    Now, I know you'd like nothing better than to turn this into a Bush bashing party, but that would be entirely off-topic.

    I find it very strange that Napolean kept this assessment from the head of the Intelligence Committee. Not just the head of the committee, but the WHOLE committee.

    But then again, that seems to be the way this administration rolls...not allowing debate or deliberation. Don't even read a bill....just sign it and shut up.

    I'm perplexed by the freefall of our government and it's leaders.
    oops...good catch. I meant tiled...but you knew that didn't you :))

    Now, where did I call you a racist...your comment can be "considered" to be racist to some. Reading comprehension please.

    Who is bashing Bush...I just want to know...do you or do you not agree with spying on Americans? It is a simple question...yes or no.

    I think DHS screwed up big time...and will be called on the carpet for it. Does it rise to the level of the sky is falling...hope not. I seem to remember the Treasury resently being called on the carpet for the bonuses by AIG. But if history is any reflection...I seem to remember every administration's cabinet being called on the carpet...especially after being newly installed. As for suspicion about keeping it from the committee...then posting it public...keeping from a Democrat lead committee...ya, right. For what purpose...she has egg on her face...the committee is probably breathing a sigh of relief they didn't know. But I am betting some worker bee on the committee knew...especially knowing the way DC works. They on the committee are now in hiding...I hope they are careful throwing stones...email leaks will set the truth free.

  8. #53
    VIP Member Array Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Show Me State
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    oops...good catch. I meant tiled...but you knew that didn't you :))

    Now, where did I call you a racist...your comment can be "considered" to be racist to some. Reading comprehension please.

    Who is bashing Bush...I just want to know...do you or do you not agree with spying on Americans? It is a simple question...yes or no.

    I think DHS screwed up big time...and will be called on the carpet for it. Does it rise to the level of the sky is falling...hope not. I seem to remember the Treasury resently being called on the carpet for the bonuses by AIG. But if history is any reflection...I seem to remember every administration's cabinet being called on the carpet...especially after being newly installed. As for suspicion about keeping it from the committee...then posting it public...keeping from a Democrat lead committee...ya, right. For what purpose...she has egg on her face...the committee is probably breathing a sigh of relief they didn't know. But I am betting some worker bee on the committee knew...especially knowing the way DC works. They on the committee are now in hiding...I hope they are careful throwing stones...email leaks will set the truth free.
    I won't answer your question because it would totally derail the thread.

    Perhaps you should start another thread and start a poll? Just a thought.

    I suspect that you and I have more in common than meets the eye.

    I also suspect that there will be an investigation regarding this Manifesto.

    Napolitano should have been fired yesterday.....

    No resignation.

    No more meaningless apologies.

    But FIRED.

    As Michelle Malkin put it:

    "What and who exactly are President Obama's homeland security officials afraid of these days? If you are a member of an active conservative group that opposes abortion, favors strict immigration enforcement, lobbies to protect Second Amendment rights, protests big government, advocates federalism, or represents veterans who believe in any of the above, the answer is: You."
    And as Michael Reagan put it:

    "Have we really come to this? Has Adolf Hitler's propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels been reborn and recruited by the Obama administration to scare the heck out of the American people with absurdities such as this whacked-out document?"
    Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Winston Churchill

  9. #54
    Senior Member Array mrreynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    620

    DHS: How About An Apology For Gun Owners?

    This past week, gun owners, veterans, and many others were incensed by a report released by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that identified broad categories of people as potential terror threats based on their political beliefs, including a support for the Second Amendment.

    The report, entitled "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" was started in 2008 and completed and released recently. Its purpose was to highlight "rightwing" extremists who could become or be planning acts of violence; but the inclusion of groups as potential threats based simply on their political views has created a significant backlash.

    PDF Document:

    Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment

  10. #55
    Member Array Horseman04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lipan, Texas
    Posts
    135
    I have already written and called both my Senators and my congressman on this. I specifically asked for an investigation -- Who drafted the memo? Who approved the memo? Who distributed the memo? What was in the classified version? And in my view anyone associated with this memo should be fired immediately -- starting with Napolitano.

    Bandit is right about one thing. During the Bush administration we allowed the government to expand and to violate freedoms with wiretaps and other electronic snooping. It was wrong then and is wrong now. Should Bush have violated the right to privacy in an attempt to combat terrorism? Absolutely not. He had a good motive -- to try to keep us safe from enemies trying to destroy us. But this has opened the door to all kinds of abuse of power.

    The thing that is alarming and angering me is that this administration seems to view the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as nothing more than a hindrance that needs to be sidestepped in the pursuit of an agenda. A.G. Holder has already stated that he is seeking stricter gun control and that he doesn't believe the 2nd amendment will "hinder" him.

    Obama only wants what he thinks is also best for us. Unfortunately his idea of utopia is a socialist system or a totalitarian system where he and his allies are in total power. No debate. No freedom of speech. No contrary views. "..don't read that budget bill -- it's a 'crisis' -- just sign it...." Compromise on the budget between the house and senate versions??? -- only allow those on the compromise committee who already agree with it. You want a new law passed in Congress right now? It will not make it onto the agenda to even be discussed unless it is proposed by a Democrat who is one of Pelosi's cronies. I am glad there are now over 30 states that have passed resolutions or are considering resolutions that re-affirm the 10th amendment. Of course those are only non-binding resolutions. But maybe some folks in Washington might start to realize just how angry some of us are.

    This DHS report also includes those who believe in smaller government and lower taxes. Now an "extremist" is anything and anyone who will hinder total control by a super-powerful federal government. And the DHS (and agencies like it) are not answerable to us. Only to our representatives in government.

    This is a wake-up call we had better not ignore.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

  11. #56
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    There are more gang members from MS-13, the Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, etc in the military than right-wing 'extremists' in the military. Not sure why they aren't mentioned in the report. No mention of muslim radicalism in the military, black nationalism, La Raza, or anything else.

    What exactly makes a criminal act a mere "crime" vs "terrorism?" Is it motivation? I don't really care what motivates MS-13, but they are a much great threat to US Security than any militia group. They are also in the US military.

    And, Bandit, the lack of specific mention of any groups in this report is the precise reason why it's an ideological hit piece. There is zero empirical evidence, no data, no numbers, no specifics in this report....it's just a "feeling" that 'right-wing extremism' is alive and well. What's 'right-wing?' Well, pretty much any opposition to abortion, gun control, immigration, racial quotas, etc.

    This report seems to serve no other purpose than to marginalize anyone who opposes traditional left-leaning values as "out there" or "extreme." It's stifling of legal dissent.

    I'm a middle aged, white male whose pro-life, pro-2A, anti-illegal immigration, and an NRA member. I'm also a veteran. If you send my bio to the FBI right now, I'd be tagged as a potential subversive based on the DHS report.

    I'm also a Major in the Air Force with 2000 fighter hours and combat time in 3 AORs. I'm level headed, a union member, couldn't care less about gay marriage, and couldn't care less about Obama's race. Those points, however, just like minority gang activity in the military, would seemingly get overlooked by the DHS in their zeal to marginalize conservatives.

  12. #57
    Member Array 86thecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central WA
    Posts
    106
    Quote:
    "What and who exactly are President Obama's homeland security officials afraid of these days? If you are a member of an active conservative group that opposes abortion, favors strict immigration enforcement, lobbies to protect Second Amendment rights, protests big government, advocates federalism, or represents veterans who believe in any of the above, the answer is: You."
    End Quote

    So the current administration is afraid of about half the population of this country?

  13. #58
    Member Array bbernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Has anyone actually been harmed?

    Michael
    From what I can tell... Not yet! But this report certainly sets the precedence for someone to, No?

  14. #59
    Senior Member Array Divebum47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    763
    That's nice. Go to war for America to fight against terrorism. Come back not to a hero's welcome, but to be spit on by the federal government as a terrorist.
    Hmmmm. Late 60's and early 70's - deja vu all over again
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

  15. #60
    Member Array silverfox031's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gerogia
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Hmmmm. Late 60's and early 70's - deja vu all over again
    Agreed, I returned from Viet Nam 1970, at Oakland California, we had to go to the PX and purchase Civilian Clothes and depart the Depot in Civilian Chartered Buses to the Airport for home bound flights. (This was supposed to prevent us from being identified as soldiers by the Anti-War protesters)

    Outside the Depot were the Anti-War mongers, who threw red paint, and doll babys covered in red paint at the Buses as we departed.

    Same thing again, Napalitoano should be Fired, and a Strong Apology issued Directly by the Messiah should be issued.

    Don't hold your breath.
    Never leave home alone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lawsuit to Overturn California AB962 Filed StateAmmo.com et al vs. State of CA DOJ
    By MosinMan42 in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM
  2. Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against Grand Haven, MI
    By dougwg in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
  3. Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against West Milwaukee
    By Kevin Jensen in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
  4. Lawsuit Filed Over Shooting Range
    By Captain Crunch in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Search tags for this page

abortion

,

lawsuit has been filed against napolitano

Click on a term to search for related topics.