Why Dont Liberals get it? - Page 4

Why Dont Liberals get it?

This is a discussion on Why Dont Liberals get it? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by torgo1968 That's cool, I just disagree (and if I sounded snarky, I didn't mean to). I'm saying that neither political philosophy magically ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Dont Liberals get it?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    That's cool, I just disagree (and if I sounded snarky, I didn't mean to). I'm saying that neither political philosophy magically makes people think logically more than emotionally. It isn't that A is ruled by emotion and B is ruled by logic. It's that A is sometimes ruled by logic, sometimes emotion, usually both, and B the same, but usually on different issues.....
    IMHO I think you have the cause and effect reversed. Because they are ruled by their emotions they tend to be more liberal in their actions. Likewise those that use logic in the forefront of their thought processes tend to be more conservative. And again, I'm not saying it's the only way they think, but in my opinion it's the predominant motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)

Liberalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
    I understand what liberalism historically means, is suppose to mean, but it means "bait and switch" these days.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Liberals of today have shown me they are not conforming to the definition. Now when I speak of liberals I talk of those that try and force their own personal choices of restriction on to others. These I call a seperate name of Rabid Liberal, because they do not conform to the word Liberal. Instead they act like a rabid animal, in both personally destructive behavior or general destructive behavior. Pardon the fact I do tend to lump liberals in with the rabid ones.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Administrator
    The American Numbskull:

We DO have people in this country...

> who never watch the news

> who have never read a newspaper

> do not know one single thing about the role of government

> they do not know what Independence Day is

> They think the 4th Of July is all about grilling hot-dogs and hamburgers

> they do not know what a Founding Father is

> they think that New Mexico is a country

> they do not know where the water comes from when they turn on a faucet

> they do not know anything about world history

> the only thing that they know about American history is that "George Washington Chopped Down A Cherry Tree & Never Told A Lie."

Liberalism should be classified as a mental disorder.

Who else would think a person should not be accountable for their own actions?

Don't want to work? = Get a check from the government! NO NO NO!

Did you buy more home than you can afford? = Get a bailout from the government! NO NO NO!

Run your business into ground with bad decisions? = Government bailout for you too! NO NO NO!

We need to vote out these people, that is the only way to change things.
    Be prepared

Simplicity..............

Liberals just dont get the simplest idea, they have to compound everything to make themselves seem above everyone else.....the SIMPLE idea about all this gun ban stuff is a bumper sticker, plus the fact that we already have enough un-enforced gun laws on the books...the bumper sticker reads :

WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    BigTom, if you live in or near a major city, odds are good that someone got killed with a gun today, but it didn't make CNN... they pick the stories that feel like they support their case very carefully...

White supremicist in Pittsburg kills cops- good story for them.

Homeowner kills a deranged man breaking in while his wife screams at a 911 operator- bad story for them.
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Why? who knows??

There are some liberals in my sunday school class. They feel guilty because they have a job, a good income, a nice house while the non-english speaking illegal immigrants who have migrated to our town have nothing.

Liberals are "group think". Liberals want you to listen to their contorted views, but shut their ears while you speak of your truths while they call you mean and hateful. Liberals don't want rules on themselves. They don't want you to tell them that there is something called morality. Liberals don't believe in an ultimate truth of right and wrong - everyone is right.

Liberals believe that inside every violent criminal, there is an honest, peace loving person who has been wronged by years of being denied access to wealth. The system makes people commit crime. Liberals believe that guns kill people because no one is ultimately responsible for themselves; therefore, the general population cannot be trusted with life taking weapons . . .and we could go on.

Our founding fathers would be on a butt kicking rampage if they could see how their nation has turned out.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I understand what liberalism historically means, is suppose to mean, but it means "bait and switch" these days.
    Again, do you have anything to support this notion?

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Liberals of today have shown me they are not conforming to the definition. Now when I speak of liberals I talk of those that try and force their own personal choices of restriction on to others.
    I can find you examples aplenty of many, maybe all, political ideologies who share this trait.

Quote Originally Posted by DPAZ View Post
    Liberalism should be classified as a mental disorder.
    Oh cool, that moves squarely into my lane (mental health). Would you like to expand on this? Where would it fit under the current DSM, you think? Would it be an Axis I, II, or IV disorder? Underlying root causes? Recommended treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
    Liberals just dont get the simplest idea, they have to compound everything to make themselves seem above everyone else.....
    Are you a betting man? If so, I'd like to take up a bet with you about this very subject being exclusive to what you describe as liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Why? who knows??

There are some liberals in my sunday school class. They feel guilty because they have a job, a good income, a nice house while the non-english speaking illegal immigrants who have migrated to our town have nothing.
    Meanwhile, some liberals I know and attend classes with are the most ardent supporters of ALL of our constitution, and are among the politically active people that I know. Anecdotal evidence is funny like that.

Liberals are "group think". Liberals want you to listen to their contorted views, but shut their ears while you speak of your truths while they call you mean and hateful. Liberals don't want rules on themselves. They don't want you to tell them that there is something called morality. Liberals don't believe in an ultimate truth of right and wrong - everyone is right... Liberals believe that inside every violent criminal, there is an honest, peace loving person who has been wronged by years of being denied access to wealth. The system makes people commit crime. Liberals believe that guns kill people because no one is ultimately responsible for themselves; therefore, the general population cannot be trusted with life taking weapons . . .and we could go on.
    Indeed, we could. We could show that this is as common for so-called conservatives as it is for those you (likely wrongly) call liberals. We could show that anecdotal evidence means virtually nothing, unless arguments based on emotion are the order of the day. We could stop overgeneralizing and alienating groups of people who share an enjoyment of gun ownership (unless you sincerely believe that all 80+ million legal gun owners in the country are "conservative", in which case I can't help you very much).

Y'all would do well to read the link matiki provided.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    BAC, if you are going to quote me, quote all I said in a post. Not a snippet. I myself am a Liberal, but not a supporter of a welfare state such as the current "Liberals" wish to create. The term has lost its meaning in this day. We all are attacking the people that falsly label themselves as "Liberals" when they are welfare statists, with a goverment has the power, and knows better then you do ideas and actions. Sadly they also exist in all parties in the US political system, just there seems to be many of them in the "Liberal" party.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    There are too many people who see the world the way they believe it "ought" to be, and not enough people who see it the way it actually is.....

"Naive" is what I call most people like that.
    Exactly right!!! A person can be idealistic and be either a realist or live in fantasy. Desiring to build a better future is what most people desire. Living like it exist when it doesn't is called delusional.

The dream utopia that liberals desire is a delusion as well which in fact would be more like a prison with gilded bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I have a dear and close personal friend who is a bleeding heart liberal, and we occasionally lock horns. When this happens, she usually hangs-up or walks away. Its been my experience that liberals dont like facts and will defy basic logic. They live by a belief system whereby everything is Ok, and nobody is held accountable for anything. Its actually a great concept for those who want to follow and never lead.
    Regards,
    it also reminds me of dreaming.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

hmm, second post fo you Jazz. And you knocked it out of the park.....
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Thanks tbrenke.

I came here to learn more about handguns and protection. I had to speak up. I've had enough, much like many of us.

BAC, do you have an original thought rather than only a link to a dry, dictionary definition to refute the notion? Or are you more interested in "intellectual" gainsaying?

TerriLi grasps it.

"The term has lost its meaning in this day. We all are attacking the people that falsly label themselves as "Liberals" when they are welfare statists, with a goverment has the power, and knows better then you do ideas and actions. Sadly they also exist in all parties in the US political system..."
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links