Why Dont Liberals get it?

This is a discussion on Why Dont Liberals get it? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I guess the lesson here is, if someone who would generally be considered a liberal is on the right side of the gun rights ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Dont Liberals get it?

So I guess the lesson here is, if someone who would generally be considered a liberal is on the right side of the gun rights issue, make sure you tell him how much of a cowardly idiot he is. That will help the cause!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Curious what drove you to those thoughts?? How did you develope this view...TV, papers, encounters, parents, girlfriend etc? To call liberals "cowards"...pretty strong words which leads me to believe that you are young. Abraham Lincoln would be considered a liberal, FDR, JFK and I suspect, many many people that are fighting in Iraq/Afgan. "Thinking of themselves/personal level"...I believe you need a mirror.
    Sounds like you took my post personally.. Hmmmmm

If you do not like my post then skip it. I suggest you read it again also.

Most liberals are cowards. I do not mean that as an insult but of a way of life.

If you worked at liberal central where I do you would know where my views came from and yes it is us against them. We have been letting THEM get away and compromise us almost to extinction. We are not even 100 days in to Obama and look what he has done already. Do you think this is going to stop? Are you a gun owner that wants to keep his guns and other rights or are you someone that does not want to make waves and take what is thrown at him. Do you think we can compromise with Pelosi,Feinstein, Holder and the rest of the Obama administration. Compromise means we lose something so we do not lose everything. We been doing that now for 20 years or longer.

Please just sit back and let us fight for your gun rights and freedom of speech. After reading your post I figure you are old. These are all just my opinion but hey, I guess if they want to take that away we should let them or compromise half of it away.

HR46 = BAN ALL OPINIONS BILL

Just for the record when the above mentioned presidents were in office this was a different country with self preservation in mind.

Now the hippies are in charge and they want all the power and none of the responsibility.

Go attack someone else, you don't want any of this.

Sorry mods. I am done with this thread.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    Sounds like you took my post personally.. Hmmmmm

If you do not like my post then skip it. I suggest you read it again also.
    If you worked at liberal central where I do you would know where my views came from and yes it is us against them. We have been letting THEM get away and compromise us almost to extinction. We are not even 100 days in to Obama and look what he has done already. Do you think this is going to stop? Are you a gun owner that wants to keep his guns and other rights or are you someone that does not want to make waves and take what is thrown at him. Do you think we can compromise with Pelosi,Feinstein, Holder and the rest of the Obama administration. Compromise means we lose something so we do not lose everything. We been doing that now for 20 years or longer.

Please just sit back and let us fight for your gun rights and freedom of speech. After reading your post I figure you are old. These are all just my opinion but hey, I guess if they want to take that away we should let them or compromise half of it away.

HR46 = BAN ALL OPINIONS BILL

Just for the record when the above mentioned presidents were in office this was a different country with self preservation in mind.

Now the hippies are in charge and they want all the power and none of the responsibility.

Go attack someone else, you don't want any of this.

Sorry mods. I am done with this thread.

Well, ain't that typical...take your bat and go home mentality. Typical perhaps. Did the frying pan get too hot???

No, nothing personal...but I find it disingenuous to throw out spears...then run away. I read your post...a couple of times. You make some pretty strong acquisations...I challenged you to back them up with something more than a (warped) opinion. I throw in the "young" card...and what do you do???

20 years or longer...and you have experienced it??? I'm all for freedom of speech...and yours has been limited when/where/how???

100 days under this administration and what gun rights or freedom of speech have you lost??? Oh, that's right...your mind has already written those rights off because, by God, we are doomed.

Such defeatism...indoctrination is alive and well. If you are young and want to fight for your rights...your reply will surely doom any efforts. Emotion is a failure...truth and facts rule (it's a senior adults thing "))

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Well, ain't that typical...take your bat and go home mentality. Typical perhaps. Did the frying pan get too hot???

No, nothing personal...but I find it disingenuous to throw out spears...then run away. I read your post...a couple of times. You make some pretty strong acquisations...I challenged you to back them up with something more than a (warped) opinion. I throw in the "young" card...and what do you do???

20 years or longer...and you have experienced it??? I'm all for freedom of speech...and yours has been limited when/where/how???

100 days under this administration and what gun rights or freedom of speech have you lost??? Oh, that's right...your mind has already written those rights off because, by God, we are doomed.

Such defeatism...indoctrination is alive and well. If you are young and want to fight for your rights...your reply will surely doom any efforts. Emotion is a failure...truth and facts rule (it's a senior adults thing "))
    It's called respect for the forum and it's owner. If you want to argue with me look at the profile. You will find me.

Dont see that here.........

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
    Liberals just dont get the simplest idea, they have to compound everything to make themselves seem above everyone else.....
    Are you a betting man? If so, I'd like to take up a bet with you about this very subject being exclusive to what you describe as liberals.

Isnt exclusive, just applys to more libs than others......look around yourself, you see it dont ya ?? Of course ya do......didnt say it was exclusive just way inclusive.

It's called respect for the forum and it's owner. If you want to argue with me look at the profile. You will find me.

Wait...I thought you were done with this thread...come back...wait, what am I saying "))

Respect for the forum??...rutrow...don't pat yourself too hard. But I will throw you a bone...explain the "hippy" mentality? Com'mon...you're an IT guy...is that the new euphanism for the 21st century "hippy"?

You seem to have some deep seated hostility...driven by some perception/personal experience. I asked what drove you to those thoughts...that is what forums are about. But you being an IT guy...know that already.

Bandit;

Do you not think that liberalism itself poisons America?
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Bandit;

Do you not think that liberalism itself poisons America?
    Actually, I think it strengthens freedom of thought and freedom of thought strenthens America. Lets say for stamps that there was no liberalism...we all thought the same...where would there be continuous improvement, debate and guidance for strength, and ultimately...yep, one only has to look at so many historical examples when freedom of thought died.

Our laws are strengthen because of freedom of thought...it is the basic reason the Brits left England for the new world. Now, believe it or not, people want to strangle those thoughts...why, because they feel threatened, they feel they will lose their rights. It is a double edged sword...becareful what one asks for. They may not like the answers to the future when such ideas are perpetuated.

Conservatives are strengthened by liberal thoughts, and vice versa...the ultimate outcome is we are all strengthened.

VIP Member

So let's examine who was in charge

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    One good liberal-defining link deserves another.

Our nation didn't wind up in its present condition by accident.
    You are right. Our nation didn't wind up in its present condition by accident. We was lied to and we was robbed.

So maybe we should look at who was in charge during the last 8 years and who was in control of Congress from 1994 to 2006. And maybe we should go back further and remind ourselves that it was GWB the first who famously and correctly called the policies which have lead to our present economic state, "voodoo economics," when he was running against a man who became one of our worst Presidents of all time, "The Great Reagan."

Truth is, the only modern and truly transformational changes which have shaped our country for good happened under LBJ.

Voting rights act. Expanded civil liberties. A real attempt to do something about poverty instead of looking after the welfare of the greediest. Successful completion of the initial phases of the space program--including getting to the moon. (To bad the guy was tragically mistaken about Viet Nam.)

We can't turn the clock back and live in the fantasy that this is 1870.
    We live in a complex society where the old saying, "for every complex problem there is a simple solutions that is usually wrong," is true.

The two dimensional dichotomous thinking--good v bad, right v left, liberal v conservative, that predominates in the minds of so many is too simplistic for a complex world----and things are only going to get "more complexer." The talking heads on the right (and also on the left) don't understand that part.

We can see this simplistic thinking here in the trivial banter about what to do with "the pirates." Duh, if it had a simple solution don't you all think that would have been done and the problem would be gone?

What to do about the economy? More simplistic thinking. One dimensional, the ever popular "tax cuts," of voodoo economics fame.

What to do about energy. More simplistic thinking. "Drill baby, never mind the consequences." Never mind that something new has to be put in place.

On issue after issue we have become accustomed to endless "simple" answers from people on radio and tv who haven't a clue how to actually solve anything, lack the personal ability to do much of anything besides talk loudly and engage in character assassination. And some of us are like lemmings, following right into the drink.

We are not even 100 days in to Obama and look what he has done already.
    Funny thing is, I'm disgusted by his first 100 days, but because he's been too much like Bush and has been cowardly on a number of so called "liberal issues."

Please just sit back and let us fight for your gun rights and freedom of speech.
    And this is simultaneously so idiotic, hilarious, insulting, and unintentionally ironic that it's something of an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    one of our worst Presidents of all time, "The Great Reagan."
    I disagree with you there.

The right to life, the right to keep and bear arms, the traditional definition of marriage, etc., are all beliefs that I share with most conservatives. Most liberals, however, in my experience, seek to undermine these things. They call for tolerance, but in truth they are swift to judge and condemn those who oppose them, without tolerance for their views. By infiltrating the public school system, they seek to indoctrinate the young to their way of thinking. They blindly call for 'peace' without having any appreciation for those who fight and die so others may live in peace and freedom. They promote irresponsibility among young people, giving as an excuse that they are 'just teens' or some such rubbish. They spread lies about the environment and so-called 'overpopulation'. And they are shocked when they come in contact with someone who takes their security into their own hands, instead of trusting the government to protect them.

In short, and again, in my experience, most liberals do not exactly have the same values as our founding fathers did, values which were meant by them to guide this
    country.

ETA - Add to all of that the absurd and destructive government intervention in the economy, which is supported by liberals and many who call themselves conservatives.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
    Isnt exclusive, just applys to more libs than others......look around yourself, you see it dont ya ?? Of course ya do......didnt say it was exclusive just way inclusive.
    If you mean look around myself here, you might have defeated your own argument.

Hopyard said what I wanted to say, much more diplomatically than I could say it, especially about the binary way of thinking about multifaceted issues. Well said, sir.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

For the sake of full disclosure it is noted that both Hopyard and Bandit383 indicate government as their occupation and I am a retired career banker.

Off topic:

If the 383 in Bandit's name has anything to do with a Mopar engine then it was a good 'un.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    Full disclosure...

This topic appears to be very close to outliving its usefulness and is very close to being locked
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I suspected as much...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links