Why Dont Liberals get it?

Why Dont Liberals get it?

This is a discussion on Why Dont Liberals get it? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may seem funny to some people, but the facts are there and it aint funny. Radical Left Wing Liberals are as a whole anti ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Dont Liberals get it?

Lightbulb Why Dont Liberals get it?

This may seem funny to some people, but the facts are there and it aint funny. Radical Left Wing Liberals are as a whole anti gun and anti CCW. This fact is backed up by the insane guin laws in california, DC etc. Why is it that almost all acts of gun violence that make the news (LA bank robber shootouts, Good Guys shootout etc. ) is in an anti gun state? Maybe because the criminals there KNOW that nobody will shoot back because only the criminals have guns. You will never see an incident like that in Texas, Virginia, Florida or any other state with right to carry laws purley due to the fact that the situation would be handled by the citizens long before the police ever bothered to show up. If all states allowed LAW Abiding citizens to carry weapons, criminals would have to be nuts to pull stunts like that.

And before anybody pipes up about the Virginia Tech shootings, It was at a school where no guns are allowed to be carried.
    Just my two cents.

I am convinced that educated stupidity is the worst type of stupidity. To my horror most liberals fall into this category.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    There are too many people who see the world the way they believe it "ought" to be, and not enough people who see it the way it actually is.

"Naive" is what I call most people like that. There are some very intelegent and otherwise good people out there who just believe that it could never happen to them or to their community.

Patience is called for in dealing with these types. I always try to remember that these folks are my neighbors and fellow citizens. They may be misguided on some issues, but that it is my responsibility to show, through my actions, that gun owners in general, and those of us who carry, are not psychopaths or terrorists.

The fact that so many still "don't get it" just means that I have more work to do.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I wouldn't say never... most likely not to though..since most BG understand (atleast in Texas) that in a crowd most are armed and will not hesitate.

Yes, most of these mass shooting are in heavly gun controlled states and/or in gun free zones to boot.

It' s no brainer to us. But to the ones who suffer madsheep deasese, there is no hope. They are terminaly ill.

Most will just spit on you than learn through your actions.....I'm speaking from EXP. here. were talking radicals here...not just regular libs.
    Last edited by Frogbones; April 17th, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: messed up

VIP Member
    I have a dear and close personal friend who is a bleeding heart liberal, and we occasionally lock horns. When this happens, she usually hangs-up or walks away. It’s been my experience that liberals don’t like facts and will defy basic logic. They live by a belief system whereby everything is Ok, and nobody is held accountable for anything. It’s actually a great concept for those who want to follow and never lead.
    Regards,
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

saber nailed it exactly, unless you can convert them (very rare) they will never get it. they deal in emotion not facts and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    I wouldn't say never... most likely not to though..since most BG understand (atleast in Texas) that in a crowd most are armed and will not hesitate.

Yes, most of these mass shooting are in heavly gun controlled states and/or in gun free zones to boot.

It' s no brainer to us. But to the ones who suffer madsheep deasese, there is no hope. They are terminaly ill.

Most will just spit on you than learn through your actions.....I'm speaking from EXP. here. were talking radicals here...not just regular libs.
    I don't know that I would call it a disease, mostly because they love to say conservatism is a disease and that one kind of pissed me off. One thing's for sure, they are misguided. Knowing what you think is right and what the statistics show are two different things. It has been my experience with those people I've talked to that they'd rather yell over you than have a real conversation based in facts. One of my aunts is one of those bleeding hearts and is scared of everything that moves. It's too bad I didn't carry when I lived in the same city as she does!

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I have a dear and close personal friend who is a bleeding heart liberal, and we occasionally lock horns. When this happens, she usually hangs-up or walks away. Itís been my experience that liberals donít like facts and will defy basic logic. They live by a belief system whereby everything is Ok, and nobody is held accountable for anything. Itís actually a great concept for those who want to follow and never lead.
    Regards,
    Sounds like my dad. He doesn't like to cloud the issue with facts. Just his opinions.
    Jp

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    It's just not shootings in gun free zones. It's piracy against the unarmed. Why is piracy rising off the African coast? Because there are many ships with unarmed crews per international maritime laws and the "police" are hours away.

What is it that all law enforcement teaches you about not being a victim? Don't make yourself an easy target.

These are places which have deep crime problems, but decide that taking tools away from the law-abiding is the solution, somehow.

It'd be like if there was a road where there were multiple deer-car collisions everyday, and the government decided to take the cars away, allowing the deer the venture farther and farther onto the nearby highway and cause worse collisions.

Yes, occasionally, there will be a collision between cars. But by and large (in this analogy), more people get far more good out of a car. Defensive driving can mitigate such risk to a large degree.

The obvious solution would be to control the deer instead, because ultimately its their fault for walking into the road.

Of course, in this analogy, the deer are just animals who act on instinct; criminals are living people who make poor, selfish decisions and decide that no one else's life is worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    saber nailed it exactly, unless you can convert them (very rare) they will never get it. they deal in emotion not facts and reality.
    I agree,I have found the only way a true liberal is converted is
    thru emotions . They have to a victim of a violent crime
    IE bad ,violent,hard to live with emotions.
    To me thats the saddest part,because until then they are going
    around convincing others to be potential victims.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

"They have to a victim of a violent crime..."

Sometimes becoming a victim will shock an individual into reality but not always, as is evident by Mayor Bloomberg's recent visit to Virginia with the families of victims from the Virginia Tech shooting. Even after becoming a victim some still don't get it.

There has been an insidious form of education going on in the public school system and mass media aimed at demonizing firearms. Critical thinking skills (analyzing statements and determining their validity in support of a conclusion) are woefully lacking among the masses where much of their learning has been what they have been spoon-fed via the mainstream media controlled by left-wing liberals.

I've been a firearms owner for over twenty years. Not once during that time have I ever had the occassion to draw a weapon or point it at and individual because I felt I was in danger. Some would use that fact to minimize the need for a firearm. They really do believe it will never happen to them.

But my attitude is never say never. I haven't had a flat tire in years but I always carry a spare. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Some people will never understand that concept of prepareness. On the contrary they have brought into the notion that it is more likely that they or someone else will be injuried by a firearm they own rather then an occassion will arise where that firearm be a tool for defending yourself or another innocent party. Why? Because the mass media hardly ever reports the successful use of a firearm by a civilian to defend themself.

A social mindset has been created in this country where a large percentage of the population buy into the concept that bigger government is the answer. I listen to some of the man on the street interviews in NYC and they are downright scarry when you hear how much confidence and trust people have put in this current administration.

We're approaching a tipping point in my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Ive delt with this mindset my whole life from Elementry school to today. Doesnt matter what happens, what you tell them prove to them, or show them. They will never learn, I learned that before I was 12, and had more then 3 dozen stab wounds because of it. Those that are Radical Libs, the ones that produce their own coolaid, are lost causes. Radicals are radical for a reason.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

One of the most ardent gun rights supporters I know is a Liberal. I'll concede that most Liberals seem to be against guns, but some recognize guns as a legitimate right. He's constantly arguing with his Liberal colleagues - and not surprisingly, they listen - to him. In my opinion gun rights advocates would do well to seek out and support Liberals that share their views, rather than alienating them by lumping them in with the others.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Some people are too smart for their own good. You have heard of the expression ( book smart but don't know how to apply it.) Usually these kind of people have lots of opinions on some thing that they know nothing about. These people tend to be very naive.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links