An idea to promote gun rights

This is a discussion on An idea to promote gun rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (Thinking out loud) The signers of the Declaration of Independence are pictured on the back of the 2 dollar bill. 2 of course is highly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea to promote gun rights

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

(Thinking out loud)

The signers of the Declaration of Independence are pictured on the back of the 2 dollar bill.

2 of course is highly symbolic of the 2A.

The DHS paints certain individuals as extremists. Among them are gun owners. Certainly the signers would fit in this category.

Most gun owners either don't carry at all or CCW, thus we are the invisible majority.

In times past the US Navy has paid their sailors in 2 dollar bills to let the retail/business community know where their sales come from, even if the sailors are out of uniform.

Perhaps there is some kind of short catchy slogan that can be stamped on these bills that can subtly tell people to respect our rights.

Ideas?
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Maybe. I actually had another idea just earlier today, although I have no idea how to implement it...we need some $$$, but I think it'd be great proaganda to get a popular musical artist or two (to specifically target our youngsters...think hip-hop and/or alternative) to record a song and music video illustrating what can happen if one is helpless, and what can happen i f one is prepared (maybe true stories built into the video?)
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Hmm...interesting.

Great idea

I like the idea of using $2 bills to illustrate who we are. I'd do it. What's needed is a national awareness campaign. I'm sure the NRA could promote this nationally. Perhaps you should contact them with the idea.

How about stamping something like www .nra. org or another site like www . defensivecarry , cornered cat instead of www . where is george. com on $2.00 bills?

Good luck getting a 'gun slogan' printed on money, right now those in control would like to take off anything relating to God.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009
    I've been doing this for years, now.

I have a small rubber stamp that I use to stamp "Support YOUR Right To Bear Arms" on the envelopes of all my outgoing snail mail and on both sides of paper U.S. Currency.

As I interpret Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 17, paragraph 333, U.S. Code, this is not "defacing" U.S. Currency:

Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
    unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill,
    draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking
    association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System,
    with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence
    of debt unfit to be reissued
    , shall be fined under this title or
    imprisoned not more than six months, or both

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I haven't seen a $2 bill in about fifteen years. Are they still in use?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I've been doing this for years, now.

I have a small rubber stamp that I use to stamp "Support YOUR Right To Bear Arms" on the envelopes of all my outgoing snail mail and on both sides of paper U.S. Currency.

As I interpret Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 17, paragraph 333, U.S. Code, this is not "defacing" U.S. Currency:
    I'm willing to buy a stamp:
    Support YOUR
    nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms
    using the "2" on the bill.
    Is that what the OP had in mind?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Believe me when I tell you that adding printing, writing, stamping, or any other "design" onto a US currency bill IS defacing that bill so that it cannot be placed back into circulation (and therefore must be reprinted at additional taxpayer dollars).

VIP Member
    It's not defacing with intent to render the bill "unfit to be reissued" but with intent to keep the bill in circulation to broadcast support of the second amendment. However, this is not a case that I would want to test besides leading a trail back to broadcast that I, myself, may be carrying a concealed weapon. And I don't want to tell the world. So I'm having second thoughts about how to do this more anonymously.
    BTW, Rob P., as an attorney, do you have a citation supporting your assertion?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    BTW, Rob P., as an attorney, do you have a citation supporting your assertion?
    No citation required because I'm not giving legal advice. It's just my PERSONAL opinion. You want legal advice? Seek competent legal counsel for your local jurisdiction and pay for it.

BTW, as a practical matter when someone, who deals with folks who have problems with the law, tells you it's not a good idea to do something don't you think it's wiser to listen to them than not? Even on the interweb?

Of course some people stick paper clips into wall sockets even after being told not to, sooooo...

Hmmm.

I always prefered forks, better contact on the outlet terminals.

As to stamping messages on money, IANAL but common sense tells me not to.

There is a need for awareness throughout our country as a whole. Not to start a fight but I open carry often now and you would be amazed how many people assume I automatically Have my "license" to which I will briefly explain open carry laws if they are receptive. Most of the time the people seem genuinely interested to learn the information. To some I say no I don't need one in the state of Arizona, have a nice day. I try and spread the word how ad whenever I can, but I don't try to come off as a pusher either. If you have questions and ask them of me I'll explain to the best of my knowledge.

Distinguished Member
    Seems every time a spend a $50 or $100, the clerk takes a marker and put a mark on the bill, would that not also be defacing the same as stamping the bill as Terry does???

If I was as computer Savoy as other members here I would apply for a Citi Bank credit card, they let you design your own card, and as much as they are anti 2nd, I would design some sort of gun background for the card. That'll fix'um

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

VIP Member
    Apparently, we’re already being tagged and labeled as extremists each time we buy/register a gun. I wouldn’t want to give our growing oppressive government any more reason to watch me.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links