9th Circuit: 2nd Amendment applies to states - merged X 2 - Page 4

9th Circuit: 2nd Amendment applies to states - merged X 2

This is a discussion on 9th Circuit: 2nd Amendment applies to states - merged X 2 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good stuff. I wonder how this will play out, if any changes will occur in places with more restrictive laws, like NY,or California....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9th Circuit: 2nd Amendment applies to states - merged X 2

Good stuff. I wonder how this will play out, if any changes will occur in places with more restrictive laws, like NY,or California.

Perhaps even our liberal court justices are beginning to see things going in a bad direction, so they are insuring that we will have the means to change things if need be.

Oh Yeah , I almost forgot - see my bottom quotation for historical reference.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I don't know how reliable this is, but I received a email from Top Glock stating that the 7th Circuit Court had found NFA '34 to be unconstitutional and that class III weapons were now going to be sold under the same provisions as handguns. The $200.00 tax was abolished as were laws in some states such as California, which prohibited their ownership. Anyone privy to more info?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I don't know how reliable this is, but I received a email from Top Glock stating that the 7th Circuit Court had found NFA '34 to be unconstitutional and that class III weapons were now going to be sold under the same provisions as handguns. The $200.00 tax was abolished as were laws in some states such as California, which prohibited their ownership. Anyone privy to more info?
    I believe I'd contact Top Glock and confirm the legitimacy of the email. As much as I'd like to see this be true, I doubt it is. There would have been much buzz about it and anti's spewing their 'blood running in the streets' rhetoric.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I believe I'd contact Top Glock and confirm the legitimacy of the email. As much as I'd like to see this be true, I doubt it is. There would have been much buzz about it and anti's spewing their 'blood running in the streets' rhetoric.
    This circulated over at Ar15.com and XDtalk.com on... (drum roll)

1 April 2009.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

That is probably based on a thread that ran on numerous forums on April first (April fools day). But lets go ahead and look at this logically. California is in the 9th circuit. A ruling from the 7th circuit would mean absolutely nothing outside that circuit until it goes up the chain to SCOTUS and gets a thumbs up or down. Write back to the person that sent it to you and ask them to provide a link to the ruling on that circuits web page or the names of the parties involved in the case. FYI 7th circuit covers IL,IN, and WI.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links