A good read.

This is a discussion on A good read. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is long so I will only put an excerpt, not in order. But is definitely a good read. Regarding Guns... It's amazing what one ...

Thread: A good read.

A good read.

It is long so I will only put an excerpt, not in order. But is definitely a good read.

Regarding Guns...

It's amazing what one has to believe
    to believe in gun control...

That ships using Australian waters mustn't carry handguns against the mythical threat of piracy or mutiny, because some aspiring captain might sell them for a few bucks.

That the Second Amendment only applies to flintlocks, just as the First Amendment only applies to quills and lead type.

That a handgun, with up to 4 switches and controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to learn to use, as opposed to an automobile which only has 20.

That guns cause crime, which is why there has never been a mass slaying at a gun show.

That the only reason to own a firearm silencer is for quiet assassinations, just like the only reason to own a car muffler is to clandestinely run over civilians.

That women are just as intelligent and capable as men, but a woman with a gun is "an accident waiting to happen."

That we don't need guns against an oppressive government, because the Constitution has internal safeguards, so we should ban and seize all guns, therefore violating the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 9th Amendments of that Constitution, and won't thereby become an oppressive government.

That guns are useless against tyranny, because an armed populace of 160 million cannot defeat an army of 2 million mixed in among it. Oddly, the person claiming this has no credentials in strategic operations.

That the ACLU is good because it uncompromisingly defends certain parts of the Constitution, but the NRA is bad because it defends other parts of the Constitution.
    I think you all should definitely check it out, and forward it to any antigunners you know.

This is in the comments after the article and it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    US Gun Statistics
    Various Sources
    2-2-5

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)

Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
    Yes, that is 80 million.

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
    Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.
    Last edited by OMEGA2669; April 21st, 2009 at 06:14 AM.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

2. Remove Ads

Links