NYS Unconstitutional Pistol Licensing - Page 2

NYS Unconstitutional Pistol Licensing

This is a discussion on NYS Unconstitutional Pistol Licensing within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i love living in PA. $36 to fill out the app. for a license to carry, wait around for 15 minutes, then go home. simple, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i love living in PA. $36 to fill out the app. for a license to carry, wait around for 15 minutes, then go home. simple, easy, painless. i only know of 2 or 3 counties in PA that will make you wait the full 45 days for your license, the rest normally get it to you within the week, if not the same day, like Lackawanna County. PA also has very few restrictions on where you can carry. we recently got back the right to carry in state parks. the only places off limits are courthouses, schools, and federal buildings.

the only drawback to living in PA, especially in places like Pike and Monroe County, which are close to the NY/NJ border, is that many transplants from NY/NJ bring their anti mindset with them, and try to impose their views and attitudes on the local population. every other week, there are news articles on another "concerned" parent trying to shut down this gun shop, or that outdoor range, because they don't want their kids to be exposed to it on their way to and from school.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I grew up in NY and never looked back after moving out. I don't miss the cost of living, the politics, the fee's, the laws, or the tail (NYC) wagging the dog (rest of the state). I miss my family, but my folks will be retiring soon, and have made no effort to hide the fact that they will be hitting the road post haste.

Run for the hills! Preferably hills located within the boundaries of another state.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links